After a 2 day layoff, Game 3 is set for tonight in St. Louis at 8 pm. The Bruins have plastered pictures of them winning the Stanley Cup all throughout their visiting locker room to remind them what they’re playing for.
Some notes before Game 3
– Matt Grzelcyk did not travel with the team after suffering what sounds like a concussion from a hit by Oskar Sundqvist in G2. Sundqvist was suspended one game. Johnny Moore will slot in tonight in for Gryz. Losing Matt is a big loss but Johnny Moore was up for the task in Game 4 of the ECF when Chara was out. The D has gotta be better with their gaps tonight, it’s gonna need to be a full team effort tonight to get a win in St. Louis.
- Patrice Bergeron did not participate in practice yesterday (maintenance) and was on the ice for morning skate. Good to go for tonight.
– Speaking of Bergy, the Perfection Line has to respond tonight. Tough game for Marchand and co. in G2. He acknowledged he has to play better. The B’s are 24-1 in the playoffs when he scores. I think he pots one tonight.
– The Bruins have been resilient on the road this postseason going 6-2. Their PP has clicked on the road, converting 41.7% of their PP opportunities. The B’s are just 2/10 on the PP in the SCF with both of those games being at home.
– With Sundqvist out, Zach Sanford slots in. No Robert Thomas again in Game 3. Robby Fabbri in again for the Blues.
– Get in on the forecheck and let’s bring the game to the Blues tonight, gonna be a rowdy crowd in St. Louis.
Let’s go boys.
It’s a great night to win a hockey game.