With Zdeno Chara serving a delay of game penalty, Mika Zibanejad tied things up. 1-1.
Patrice Bergeron was not a fan of Lias Andersson’s high hit and dropped the gloves.
Zdeno Chara and Brendan Lemieux exchanged words. Looked like Lemieux says ‘and Pastrnak’? Hard to tell. But you don’t touch Patrice or Chara will come for you.
Ryan Strome gets the Rangers back within one. 3-2 Bruins.
With 4 seconds left in the game, Mika Zibanejad buries his own rebound. 6-3 Bruins.
FINAL: Boston 6, New York 3
News, notes and quotes:
- Torey Krug returned to the lineup tonight. No coincidence the B’s went 4-for-6 on the PP. His assist on Pasta’s 35th of the season was his 284th point. Most by an American-born player in B’s history.
- Five goals in five games since David Pastrnak has returned. Completed his fourth career hat trick tonight and has surpassed his career high in goals with No. 36.. and in just 66 games. Career high FIVE POINT game from DP88. (He had a 6 point night last year in the playoffs).
- Bruce Cassidy changed the lines in the second, leading to David Pastrnak’s second goal of the game (from David Krejci). We saw Johansson drop down and play with Coyle and Backes move up to play with Marchand and Bergeron. 88 with JD and Krech. We’ll see if 88 sticks on that line.
- Marcus Johansson also made his return tonight. Quiet night, just 12:06 of TOI. But rust was to be expected.
- Jaro Halak made 20 of 23 saves for the win.
- Lot of nasty in the third period after Patrice Bergeron ‘dropped the gloves’. David Backes went after Lias Andersson in the 3rd (see Feits’ video above).
“Acciari and Nordstrom were asking for Pasta too, by the end.” – Bruce Cassidy
The Florida Panthers come to town on Saturday for a matinee match up. 1 pm start.
It was a great night to win a hockey game. (No players were harmed in this celebration.)