For the first time since March of 2014, the Boston Bruins have defeated the Washington Capitals. The B’s also snapped their current three game losing streak with their 1-0 win. Here’s how it happened.
The Bruins opened the game with two power play opportunities, but couldn’t get the puck in the offensive zone to save their lives. Despite being 2nd in the NHL on the PP, no go today (although they had 5 shots on 2 PPs). The B’s outshot the Caps 15-5 in the 1st period, and went into the room 0-0 after 1 period of play.
After a big penalty kill early in the 2nd, David Krejci opened the scoring, and recorded the only goal of the game.
(2nd, 10:43): David Pastrnak to Torey Krug to David Krejci 1-0
Tuukka Rask shut shit down in the 3rd, making 11 saves en route to his first shutout of the season, and his first win since returning from concussion.
FINAL: Boston 1, Washington 0
CHOO CHOO CHRIS WAGNER COMING THROUGH
- The drought is over – The Bruins snapped a 14 game losing streak to the Washington Capitals, dating back to March of 2014. They also snapped their current three game losing streak.
- 11th goal of the season for David Krejci, can we please get him some help? I’m begging you Don.
- Three game point streak for Torey Krug. We should totally trade him though right? Nope.
- 2U’s, 2K’s, 2 Points – Stellar game for Tuukka Rask who has become the winningest goalie in Boston Bruins history. 24 saves for his 1st shutout of the year.
- Chris Wagner with 5 shots, 5 hits in 13:04 TOI. The B’s “4th” line went to WORK today.
- The B’s now only trail the Toronto Maple Leafs for 2nd in the Atlantic by 2 points. Big big win.
- This zone entry from Marchand was beautiful. Spin cycle.
We see it every day, the way he competes and battles. We’re lucky to have him on our side and his stats speak for themselves. – Torey Krug on Tuukka Rask
B’s are back on Tuesday night as they host the New York Islanders – it will be Patrice Bergeron’s 1000th career NHL game. Can’t wait.
Celtics just beat the Thunder, Boston is 2-0 on the day, time to make it 3-0.
28-7 Patriots per Patrice. Book it.
It was a great day to win a hockey game.