A lot of crazies going crazy out there after the Birds’ second consecutive loss, 8th consecutive home loss, Mike Vick throwing 43%, and our Head Coach getting pantsed by our ex-Head Coach on national television. It’s understandable. It’s a trying time. Yet it’s times like these that make it important to keep perspective:
- It’s only the third game.
- It’s only these players’ third game in a very new system.
- The Eagles turned the ball over five times and only lost by 10 points.
- Andy Reid kinda deserved to win and got to stick it to the boss who fired him which is a bonafide American dream.
- Remember when you said you’d be happy with 8-8? Be prepared to be happy.
- LeSean McCoy didn’t get injured.
- Nobody important has been injured in a game yet this season (RIP Maclin’s knee).
- These are the quarterbacks who will be available in next year’s draft:
JOHNNY FUCKING FOOTBALL
- This time next year Philadelphia could be the home of both Andrew Wiggins and Johnny Football.
- The defense played a lot better.
- A lot of people don’t even get the NFL Network.
- Hey — we went for two. It didn’t work but at least we’re trying shit.
- The Eagles made friends with the Chiefs:
- Connor Barwin is the most athletic white person on earth.
- Chip has 11 days to prepare for the Broncos and will almost definitely think of more than 3 plays this time.
- Riley Cooper sucking at football has finally eclipsed his racism.
- At least we’re not Cleveland (although Browns fans should shut up because that trade was smart)
- Jason Avant did this:
- The rest of the NFC East is garbage, too.
- Donovan McNabb has a coke nail.
- T-shirts are still available and you can brag about being on the bandwagon even through the tough times since NFL seasons are 16 games long and we’re not even 1/4 of the way through.