Source - Monster Beverage is hitting back at a lawsuit alleging its energy drinks were responsible for the death of a 14-year-old Maryland girl, saying that no blood test was performed to confirm that the girl died of “caffeine toxicity.” The disclosures come amid intensifying scrutiny of energy drinks and their caffeine levels. A lawsuit filed last year by the family of Anais Fournier said the girl went into cardiac arrest after drinking two, 24-ounce cans of Monster drinks in a 24-hour period. The Food and Drug Administration has also said it is investigating reports of deaths linked to energy drinks, including five that cite Monster beverages. The agency notes that the reports don’t prove the drinks caused the deaths.
If you’re stupid enough to drink Monster with any regularity you pretty much deserve what’s coming to you. If you go out with a ton of energy, hit the clubs or bars and have a great time and generally experience the best night of your life guess what? Good move, that’s what you get for loading up on caffeine and pumping your blood with 5000% of every vitamin on planet Earth. That was a smart play. If you wake up the next day, drink another can and drop to the floor immediately dead on impact well guess what? You just consumed a 24 oz concoction combining every fucking chemical on planet Earth and you probably deserved what was coming to you you idiot. As a general rule whenever somebody takes every element in the periodic table and shoves it into a canister and tells you to drink it you should probably just stick to water or booze or whatever it is normal human beings have been drinking for the past few thousand years without collapsing to the ground while guarine pours out of their mouth.