Yahoo – Australian billionaire Clive Palmer Tuesday said his modern-day version of the Titanic will retain the first, second and third-class divisions of the original and include a new “safety” deck. The flamboyant billionaire said Titanic II’s first voyage remained set for late 2016, with the boat due to sail from China to England ahead of her maiden passenger journey to North America. Interest was “overwhelming”, he said.
Palmer said the new ship would have a casino, but warned that there would be “strict restrictions” on who was allowed to gamble at it. ”There will be some sort of screening to make sure people who do go there can afford to,” Australian Associated Press quoted him as saying. The self-made businessman, who has an estimated wealth of Aus$3.85 billion (US$3.96 billion) according to Australia’s BRW magazine, said the relaunched Titanic would be about one metre wider than the original for “stability”. ”But we’ve retained the essence of the Titanic by having first, second and third class. I think that’s very important,” Palmer said. ”So if you book on third class you can share a bathroom, sit down at a long table for dinner every night, have some Irish stew and a jig in the night.”
You gotta be the biggest sucker in the world to buy a ticket on this boat because this is the cockiest move I’ve ever seen in my life. The 1% just don’t quit. Like this is exactly why they make as much money as they do. Genius ideas all over the place. Poor people everywhere always complaining and shit. The other 99% just getting downright out of hand across the globe and homeboy here just says “Fuck it let’s build another Titanic to crash and all the poor people will drown again”. Unreal. And the most brilliant thing of all is that he’s putting it up on a platter and serving it right in their faces and people are eating it up. An “overwhelming” response to a suicide death boat tour of the North pacific ocean. Unreal. Dude’s even keeping the gambling deck around and screening out people who don’t have enough money and telling them to go eat Irish stew in the basement and dance a jig. Power moves on power moves on power moves. Only thing they’re adding to the boat is a “safety deck”. Nice. I’m sure that’ll do a whole lot to spare everyone’s life when you slam that thing into the Arctic circle at 80 knots.