New York, New York

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby tballa55 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 pm

It is true, a telemarketer called last week to see if I would do a survey about it.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 pm

As the search for skeletal remains continues today off a Long Island beach, police are investigating whether the deaths came at the hands of a serial killer who dumped them out of a car, authorities said.

The theory that cops are looking into the disappearance of hookers comes after Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer confirmed this morning that two of the bodies are female.

"We are going to continue to search the area for the possibility of more bodies," Dormer said of the grisly discoveries made in Oak Beach.
The Post reported today that investigators are looking into a Jack the Ripper.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/foun ... z186lTH78O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJaVoKpHwd0
tballa55
Title Town

Postby SeanT » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

When I saw the YouTube link I thought for sure it was going to be the dead hookers scene from Dirty Work
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby Boston » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 pm

and you thought Boston was bad

http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010 ... 3.994&l=12

Hey, Look How Segregated New York City Is!
The New York Times has funneled new Census Bureau data into a handy ethnic map of New York City. This is Brooklyn: Each blue dot equals 100 black people, each green dot 100 white people. Never the twain shall meet.

Boston
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Can we get a map of all the black people living in Beacon Hill, Back Bay, NeBo and a map of all the white people living in Roxbury, Mattapan, Jamaica Plain?
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Boston » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Boston
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Thank you....Giggles better take his bonus $ and run
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 pm

And FYI Boston East New York is a very up and coming place to live. :lol:
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Giggles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Far fewer asians in the Seattle Metro area than one would expect.

In other news LA is packed with Latinos.

This map is the coolest.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby tballa55 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Giggles wrote:Far fewer asians in the Seattle Metro area than one would expect.

Because they know China is going to bomb the west coast first.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Hil-ar-i-ous

Hot 97 DJ Cipha Sounds apologizes after saying he avoids HIV by not hooking up with Haitian women

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... _up_w.html
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 am

O/U on when someone dies: March

The curse of "Spider-Man" struck again Monday night when a stunt double in the star-crossed show was injured as he plunged from a platform into a pit below the stage.

The unidentified 31-year-old actor, whose harness snapped, was taken to Bellevue Hospital. Cast members of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" said he was taken out of the Foxwoods Theatre on W. 42nd St. on a gurney but didn't appear badly hurt.

"All signs were good as he was taken to the hospital for observation," said Rick Miramontez, spokesman for the $65 million production, which is in previews.

He said the actor fell several feet, but audience members described a 20- to 30-foot plunge. The mishap came about seven minutes before the show's end, when Spidey's love interest, Mary Jane, runs up a ramp, followed by the stunt double in a Spider-Man costume, and both jump off. Mary Jane's harness held, but the stunt man's didn't.

Theatergoer Mike James of San Jose, Calif., said, "I'm pretty sure what wasn't supposed to happen is this guy topples off the stage ass over teakettle." He said the audience sat in stunned silence as the empty harness swung out over seats in the first few rows "and someone under the stage started screaming, 'Call 911!' "

Tourist Terese DeLuca, 58, of Naples, Fla., said, "At first we thought it was part of the show."

There was a blackout after the accident, audience members said, and a delay was announced, and later it was announced the performance was over.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z18lA4XPuO

IN
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Boston » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 am

Boston
Title Town

Postby Boston » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:35 pm

casual $2B purchase. Cash Money!

Google Sets Business Focus in Chelsea
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... ss_US_News
Boston
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Yawn

tballa55 wrote:
Google searched its cash coffers and came up with a large deposit and signed a contract yesterday to buy the entire city-blockwide 111 Eighth Avenue, The Post has learned.

The price? A cool $1.8 billion.

The deal is expected to close before year-end and pricing adjustments are still possible, sources said.
Google, which has more than $33 billion in cash on its balance sheet, did not have to put up a 10 percent deposit, these sources said, but did put up "serious money."

The deal is the largest US commercial real estate purchase by a tenant ever -- and confirms an exclusive report in The Post on Oct. 27.

Google's $1.8 billion purchase in Chelsea at 111 Eights Ave. was fist reported by Post real estate columnist Lois Weiss

The marketing of massive 111 Eighth Ave. by investment maestro Douglas Harmon of Eastdil Secured attracted worldwide interest.
Harmon had been hired by Taconic Partners, Jamestown and New York State Common Retirement Fund with the idea that they would retain a piece of the building.

But Google made a compelling offer to buy all of the 3 million square footer that takes up a full block in Chelsea bounded by Eighth and Ninth avenues and 15th and 16th streets.
"Google will gobble up the space like Pac-Man," said a source of the firm's current 500,000 square feet occupancy and its future plans to take over space in the building as it becomes available.

"Google will grow and it's a lot of jobs for the city," the source said.
Once Google beat out a host of competing bidders, it went through an exhaustive process to pick lawyer Rob Sorin of Fried Frank along with a CB Richard Ellis team of Steve Siegel, Darcy Stacom and Bill Shanahan to rep it on the buy.

"There were daily discussions and numerous questions over the economics and the physical asset," said a source.

"It's 3 million square feet and a lot of technology."

A current mortgage will also have to be defeased from a larger mortgage pool at some additional cost running into the millions of dollars.

Google said it had "no comment at this time." Its shares closed at $571.82, up $7.47. Various other parties declined comment or did not return messages prior to deadline.
tballa55
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc