Music Downloads

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Music Downloads

Postby tballa55 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm

What sites do you use to download music from?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby KW » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Two blogs- Hype Floats and The Dope Spot (Stop). Have them bookmarked at home, so I can't remember what the 2nd one is called.

FYI- these are Rhythmic-centric blogs, so they won't get you all of Billboard's Top 100.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby mcm » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby SS » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:29 pm

i'm w/mcm. and so is OUIP.
the long national nightmare is over.
SS
Title Town

Postby JJ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

I go to a bunch of BitTorrent sites, such as Demonoid & The Pirate Bay, when I'm looking for something specific. There are also a bunch of unauthorized artist-specific sites to download concert recordings, etc.

I also subscribe to about a hundred different music blogs via my Google Reader and download a wide variety of stuff from the wide variety of blogs (lots of old-school soul & funk, blues, etc.). For example, the "Blackness" series at "My Favorite Sound" has been superb.

http://myfavouritesound.blogspot.com/

I have never used Limewire, Napster or any other similar services/sites.
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Mk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Where's aintthatageek to tell everyone (aside from JJ) how retarded they are for not using torrent sites?

I haven't dl'd any music lately but someone told me they use Frostwire and it's pretty easy to use. Said it's basically as easy as Limewire to use.

It offers more than rhythmic selections for those looking for something outside of KW's tastes.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby random internet username » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:48 pm

i use google queries and just search other peoples computers. pretty much get every single album or any song you want. google owns.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:13 pm

I was trying to remember the query to do just that the other day, random internet username.

I will sometimes use a video to mp3 converter site and just rip music off Youtube.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:44 pm

What %-age of your music do you actually listen to (anyone)?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby random internet username » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 pm

well i have an awful lot of music now thanks to the internet and most of the time i'm not home for extended periods of time to listen to music so i will just drag a folder of the same band into my player and hear a random song so in that instance i'm listening to like less than 1% of what i have but if i'm home on a saturday night and its just me hanging around i'll play tiger woods and put every song i own in the player and hit random so in that instance 100%. more often than not i'm listening to the ipod dock and skipping around until i hear something i want to listen to though and lately i just go to youtube and listen to the same bruce springsteen song over and over ha ha ha lmao
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 am

Very little here. Other than the last few days where I've been switching between the Slash CD and a Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD I've made, I'm 100% satellite radio in the car.

At home I'll listen to music while on the computer, like I am right now. I usually look for random stuff on YouTube. I am considering taking my CD's(@500+) and ripping them to an external hard drive, which will allow me to pack all my CD's away and also have all my non-mp3 music readily available.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby JJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 am

rearadmiral wrote:What %-age of your music do you actually listen to (anyone)?

60-80%

Usually listen when working at home, and usually between 10am & 2pm. Otherwise, I'm listening to Toucher & Rich or Felger & Mazz.
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Return to Misc