Police Brutality

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Police Brutality

Postby Boston » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 pm

I didn't see this posted anywhere, did I miss it?

Cue Section40 defending the police

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDJvBaTTDQ

Commissioner promises review of force used in Roxbury arrest
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... er_pr.html
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 am

So when does the police brutality get posted?

Heard about this all day then watched it. And waited fruitlessly for brutality.

Um, dude was an escaped DYS fugitive resisting arrest and got restrained/cuffed. It ain't always pretty but neither are cop funerals. And spare me the 'he is only a teen!' without mentioning he's a full-grown adult male.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:40 am

David Ortiz takes the police side. Wow.
bigpapi6177
13 minutes ago
LISTEN UP CLOSE EVERY 1. HE IS BLACK. HE HAS TO BE IN A GANG OR DONE SOMETHING STUPID, BECAUSE MOST BLACK PEOPLE ARE. YET THERE ARE A FEW THAT ARE DOING GOOD THINGS. BUT THE "GHETTO" PEOPLE ARE THE ONES RECORDING. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SHE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY. AND DID U NOT CLEARLY SEE HIM NOT RESTRAINING. BTW I AM BLACK AND I'M THE FEW THAT ARE STRIVING FOR BETTER. YOU ARE AT COLLEGE NOT AT YOUR STUPID DANCEHALL PARTIES.

RA the kid had 4 cops on him, there's no need for that cop to be repeatedly punching him and kneeing him, at that point I don't blame him for resisting it's a natural reaction to try to cover up if you're getting beat by a group of grown men.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 am

He was getting the knee only because he was resisting. If he doesn't resist, he doesn't have four guys on him.

It's natural to cover up if you're getting pummeled by four strangers, not so much when you're knowingly resisting arrest.

Lol at "it's a free world". Sure it is.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:55 am

I generally side with the police on such things, but this seemed pretty excessive to me.
Boston
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 am

rearadmiral wrote: He was getting the knee only because he was resisting. If he doesn't resist, he doesn't have four guys on him.

FAIL. If he's on the ground he's gonna have 4 guys on him.

rearadmiral wrote:It's natural to cover up if you're getting pummeled by four strangers, not so much when you're knowingly resisting arrest.

So because it's the police doing it his natural reaction to protect himself should go out the window?

Ok then.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am

So he was acting strictly out of self-preservation and not being a dick who was going down swinging?

It's quite simple, don't resist arrest and you won't have a bunch of cops testing out their training techniques on you.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 am

Sorry dude but it's not that cut and dry. Not resisting arrest isn't going to keep you from getting a knee to the ribs.

And self preservation is rule #1, IMO.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:13 am

don't you kind of need to see the events that took place prior to the kid being on the floor to see if the actions are justified?
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby sam malone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 am

The cop trying to get the girl(?) to stop filming made me chuckle. Nice effort guy.
sam malone
Serious Stoolie

Postby B Luc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 am

I'm speaking/responding in general terms. I have zero investment in the kid in the video, though I think 4-5 cops on 1 average sized kid, on the ground, is excessive.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 am

Wait Caucasians and minorities view the police different GTFOOH
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 am

"You don't wanna mess with me because my godmothers a STATE rep."

Yeah the scene seems excessive but until the whole story comes out we'll never know. It's certainly not like the BPD was trying to hide the amount of force they were using in front of a shitload of people in broad daylight at a community college.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Sim » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

The few videos posted on here in the past were much more egregious than this. That being said, at what point is it possible to not move when being punched and kneed continually in the ribs? That's not resisting, that's hurting; resisting begets a beating, but withering at the hands of someone else shouldn't be misconstrued as resisting.

Again, who knows what preceded this; force beyond that which is normal may have been justifiable given the totality of the circumstances; video doesn't paint the whole picture.

(Cop punches like VTE)
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby jtk4 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:09 pm

We have no idea what happened before I guess he could have been throwing haymakers or whatever.

"Escaped DYS fugitive" what does this even mean? What do you need to do to be a department of youth services fugitive that warrants that many cops. Was he considered dangerous? Until those questions are answered it is hard to really form an opinion on the video.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Next

Return to Misc