NBA Season 2010-11

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Postby tballa55 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:58 am

:lol:
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby KW » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 am

How does Worldwide Wes get Lebron away from Maverick?
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby DC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

i think there is some truth to that...living in DC i constantly hear the race card being played when its not really the case but I do feel part of the media/public anger over this is the fact 3 young black men took over the control/power of the sport for the summer.

The decision special itself was stupid but the anger by some since is crazy. Read about how they gave up money so Haslem could stay. As fans sometimes we are awful hyprocrites.. We blast guys going to the yankees blabbing its all about the $$. Yet here 3 guys take less to play together to win and they still get blasted. Yet everyone would love it when brady took less to bring new guys onboard earlier in his career.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby KW » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Lebron gets blasted for the tv special....and rightfully so. He should have just shown up the day before with Bosh and Wade and made the announcement.

His people could have saved him a majority of the hostility (outside of Ohio) had he appeared the slightest bit humble in the process. Instead he led a bunch of teams through useless "recruiting visits" just to stroke his massive ego.

I guess when you have a bunch of rings you can act like that....oh
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby DC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:50 pm

I disagree with you there KW... While these guys wanted to play together since olympics i dont believe it was a done deal at time of recruiting visits. Even steven a smith who reported what was going to happen before anyone at espn said for about a week Bosh was resisting not taking the max because he did not have the off court $$$ coming in that the others did. I actually thought lebron was less of an ego maniac then if he made a big production going on a city by city tour..

I agree the tv special itself was awful but something tells me if he had hinted of a desire to come to boston and battle kobe in a coast to coast showdown like bird/magic and the green let pierce go to make it happen none of you would be complaining about how he treated cleveland.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Ted Striker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 pm

ESPN continues beating the race card drum on OTL. Broussard just said Brett Favre does what Lebron did every year and people "laugh it off" but they hate Lebron. Don't let the facts get in the way Chris.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

Postby tballa55 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:13 pm

I hate Favre way more than I hate Lebron.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Byron Scott is a nazi.

tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

That's funny/awful.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Pokey Reese » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 am

LOL
Pokey Reese
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

D-Wade hurt. 1 down 2 to go.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby DC » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Though not worthy of a city page like Boston.. espn gives super friends thier own section as the heat index debuts lol .. hate on

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Mk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Sick future...

Last year's rookie of the year usually is tweaking his opponent's ankles. But lately he's having some trouble with his own. Evans tweaked his ankle badly enough in Team USA practice to miss the team's trip to the FIBA world championships. Then in last night's game versus the Lakers, he rolled not one, but two ankles. From the Sacramento Bee :

"I turned this one on a fast break on (Lakers guard) Steve Blake, and I twisted it," Evans said, pointing to his right ankle. "On the next one, I came down on (Lakers center) Theo Ratliff and twisted it. The left one hurts more."

Evans said it's just something he deals with his style of basketball, but three injuries inside three months is still enough to make you twist in your seat a touch. It's basketball. Ankles get rolled. It happens. But the only thing that could stop Evans on what looks like a meteoric rise to superstardom is injury, and particularly injuries to the legs that let him get to the rack so easy. Let's hope this is a blip and nothing to look back on and go "Oh."
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby Mk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:19 pm

The Bullets naming John Wall as captain makes it hard for me to be a lifelong Thunder fan this year.

That.

Is.

Awesome.

What a pathetic franchise.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 pm

<<<< the original lifelong Thunders fan.
tballa55
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports