Things that don't suck

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby KW » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Ronnie B wrote:You could, but I can't. Not having to buy antivirus (every 6 months)or microsoft software is huge in my eyes.


Who still pays for antivirus software?
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
User avatar
KW
Title Town
 
Posts: 9548
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:31 am
Location: Rollin in the RV with JVG

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 pm

I spent $1199 four years ago. You know how many problems I've had? Zero. The battery life could be a little zestier but hey it's an old machine.

In that span of time my top o' the line Dell (oxymoron) work computer:

1. Needed its motherboard replaced.
2. Needed its hard drive replaced.
3. Needed to be replaced in its entirety for a new machine.

RonnieB how long does it take for that thing to boot? 3, maybe 4 seconds?

Why drive:

Image

When you could drive:

Image

?
User avatar
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Stoop/Hamiltons

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:27 pm

So your company skimped on a work computer (which happens quite often) and you use that as proof that MAC's are better than PC across the board? Ok then.

The argument that mac's are far superior for A/V production and editing doesn't even hold true anymore.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:42 pm

KW wrote:
Ronnie B wrote:You could, but I can't. Not having to buy antivirus (every 6 months)or microsoft software is huge in my eyes.


Who still pays for antivirus software?


I do. And I never have issues. $1/week to protect 3 computers is well worth it.
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Postby Giggles » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:27 pm

From the NY site:

Check out THAT pair.

Image

I mean not just one Mac but two?!? Amazing.
User avatar
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Stoop/Hamiltons

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

She must be broke.
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Postby lugnutz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 pm

rearadmiral wrote:She must be broke.



She was, around 16 I bet
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25508
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:43 pm

:lol:
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Postby Ronnie B » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Giggles wrote:I spent $1199 four years ago. You know how many problems I've had? Zero. The battery life could be a little zestier but hey it's an old machine.

In that span of time my top o' the line Dell (oxymoron) work computer:

1. Needed its motherboard replaced.
2. Needed its hard drive replaced.
3. Needed to be replaced in its entirety for a new machine.

RonnieB how long does it take for that thing to boot? 3, maybe 4 seconds?

Why drive:

Image

When you could drive:

Image

?


BOOM
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby MIKAELGM » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 pm

my friend's uncles best man speech at his wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG82z4afTLM
User avatar
MIKAELGM
Stoolie 4 Life
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm

Postby K-G » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm

MIKAELGM wrote:my friend's uncles best man speech at his wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG82z4afTLM


Are you fucking shitting me?
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
User avatar
K-G
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Boston

Postby MIKAELGM » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 pm

i think it was my buddy anyway, its his youtube account and there were pics of what looked like that wedding on his fb. i could be wrong and it could just be a viral... either way i think its funny.
User avatar
MIKAELGM
Stoolie 4 Life
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:55 pm

MIKAELGM wrote:my friend's uncles best man speech at his wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG82z4afTLM


pretty dumb
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby Old Scratch » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm

MIKAELGM wrote:my friend's uncles best man speech at his wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG82z4afTLM


Z-. Douche chill unfunny.
Beat Army
User avatar
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Hades

Postby K-G » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't care who it was, it's fucking terrible.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
User avatar
K-G
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Boston

PreviousNext

Return to Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest