Patriots

Home of Champions

Postby Pokey Reese » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am

the Patriots used to be far and away the best half time adjustment team in the league.

the last 2 seasons it has become the complete opposite
Pokey Reese
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby GodofThunder » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 am

Can he cover? Darius Butler = Chris Canty
GodofThunder
PostDemPixls

Postby sam malone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:23 am

I'm wondering if Springs is still in shape. Butler is that bad.
sam malone
Serious Stoolie

Postby GodofThunder » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 am

Butler looking more and more like a combine guy....great athlete, runs, jumps, strong....and always an instant behind the play. I think it's an intelligence thing. Bodden was a big loss.....
GodofThunder
PostDemPixls

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 am

They did run every play at him. I wonder how it feels knowing an entire offense knows the rookie on the other side is better than you?
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 am

its not just butler. People want to say what a great play McCourty made last week on TO on the first drive but that was inches away from a 70 yard TD given up on the first drive, and in reality a better thrown ball and its completed for a touchdown.

Their secondary stinks against the pass, in a pass heavy league.

The blueprint has been set....protect w/ 8 and their corners can't cover.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 am

Great against the run though huh?

Can they get better is all I want to know.....its a long season.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby AY » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 am

There's more missing there though, and that's the ability to keep this defense off the field.

Look at the drive chart to begin the game......a nice mix of run and pass, one drive that ended in a missed FG, and the 2nd that ended in a touchdown. They had the ball all game but about a minute and a half after their TD early in the 2nd quarter, and then had possession another 99 seconds in the 2nd quarter(spread out over TWO possessions) and a little over 9 minutes total in the 2nd half.

The were moving the ball on those first two possessions with Faulk, Taylor and Green-Ellis. It isn't all Jets adjustments to shut down the run, it was also the Pats getting away from the run. 52 yards rushing the whole game, 38 on the first two possessions. Yeah, it is a passing league, but they don't need a Vincent Jackson. They need a home run threat in the backfield, and that likely can't be addressed until the draft, off season trade or a big FA signing.

They better hope that first round pick they have from Oakland(I think) is high so they can grab Mark Ingram or someone similar, or take a corner with that pick and hope another top RB is available later in the 1st round, which there will be.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 am

Last few drives failed run, failed run, toss one up for Moss. Where did Welker go? Is he hurting from that hit?
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby AY » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

lugnutz wrote:Last few drives failed run, failed run, toss one up for Moss. Where did Welker go? Is he hurting from that hit?

They ran the ball twice for basically nothing on the first two drives in the 3rd quarter, then Faulk ran for 7 the play before the official's review that gave them the INT, had runs that gave them a 1st down on the next possession then had to abandon it altogether due to time and being so far behind.

They need a home run threat.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 am

Welker was out for the game they lost last year to the Jets.....had 15 catches in the game they won. He disappeared in the second half......its clear who the player they need on the field is.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby AY » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:25 am

lugnutz wrote:Welker was out for the game they lost last year to the Jets.....had 15 catches in the game they won. He disappeared in the second half......its clear who the player they need on the field is.

No doubt. Of course they need Welker and Moss out there, and Aaron Hernandez will make them better as well. But it isn't 2007 and they're going to need another option.
AY

Postby mcm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:34 am

sam malone wrote:Rumor going around that the Pats are making a run at Vincent Jackson today.

is this a legitimate rumor or something a caller said on EEI?
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

Are they going to turn him into a DB???
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am

Troy Brown ain't walking in!
lugnutz
I post a lot

PreviousNext