Vacation

"What happens there, write it here"

If you got 2 Jet Blue tickets where would you go?

Costa Rica
18%
St Lucia
15%
Cancun
9%
Barbados
9%
San Juan
No votes
Puerto Rico
No votes
Other
48%

Total votes : 33

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 pm

vtexposfan wrote:If he really wanted to go to Monaco, and the savings of using free tickets to reach an airport with a low rate to Monaco were worthwhile, it would be a good play.

If you're trying to get to Monaco on the cheap, you probably can't afford Monaco.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:40 pm

krich1187 wrote:Just got back from San Juan. It's great but not if you're out of college. It's definitely a lower-budget trip (a nice one nonetheless) but there are much betters options. Though I must say the resort we stayed at and the weather was beautiful. The public beaches aren't so great...and in the area in general is not great either unless you get to the mountain areas or somewhere away from San Juan.

My parents went to Costa Rica awhile back and said it was easily the best place they've been. I'd go with that.

So you went to San Juan and didn't go anywhere from there? That's kind of a fail. You could get on a quick Cape Air flight and be in Vieques in like 30 min. Or Tortola, Virgin Gorda, or any of the other awesome islands nearby.

And Smedium is really married?
"I bet Joe Buck peed the bed til he was 15." - Matt Stone
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 pm

don't know what happened to the Aruba thread but its more of a general question anyways. When is the best time to book a flight? I'm going back to Aruba in April...should I book now?

Looks like its gonna be about $12-1300 for 2 people w/direct flights each way on Jetblue. I've only taken Jetblue once (Vegas back in March) and I don't know if I can go back to AA or USAir. They had me at hello with the TVs.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby krich1187 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Jackie Treehorn wrote:
krich1187 wrote:Just got back from San Juan. It's great but not if you're out of college. It's definitely a lower-budget trip (a nice one nonetheless) but there are much betters options. Though I must say the resort we stayed at and the weather was beautiful. The public beaches aren't so great...and in the area in general is not great either unless you get to the mountain areas or somewhere away from San Juan.

My parents went to Costa Rica awhile back and said it was easily the best place they've been. I'd go with that.

So you went to San Juan and didn't go anywhere from there? That's kind of a fail. You could get on a quick Cape Air flight and be in Vieques in like 30 min. Or Tortola, Virgin Gorda, or any of the other awesome islands nearby.

And Smedium is really married?

I'm still in college, it would have been tough to squeeze in flights back and forth while paying for a week's vacation. I'd rather spend less and go to a better place next vacation.
"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

- Iron Mike
krich1187
Special Needs

Postby UconnBuckeye » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:45 pm

not sure how it works for international flights, but if you go to BING.com and the travel section it tells you when to buy and what not.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby K-G » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

mcm wrote:don't know what happened to the Aruba thread but its more of a general question anyways. When is the best time to book a flight? I'm going back to Aruba in April...should I book now?

Looks like its gonna be about $12-1300 for 2 people w/direct flights each way on Jetblue. I've only taken Jetblue once (Vegas back in March) and I don't know if I can go back to AA or USAir. They had me at hello with the TVs.

This seems really high. Nonstops down there are as cheap as $400 sometimes but I'd say more normally $6-800. Maybe JetBlue never gets this cheap but I know some of the others do.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby Ronnie B » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Pretty sure he's talking about hotels too which is a good deal.
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby K-G » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Ohh my mistake. I agree on good deal if so.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby mcm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:35 pm

no I'm already booked for the Marriott I am talking just airfare. For 2 direct flight roundtrip tickets on Jetblue to Aruba it would be like $600-$650/person if I booked now in their website. Would be like $400-$450 if I did one stop each way. I don't travel a ton maybe twice a year so I was just wondering when the best time to book is.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby SeanT » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am

mcm wrote:no I'm already booked for the Marriott I am talking just airfare. For 2 direct flight roundtrip tickets on Jetblue to Aruba it would be like $600-$650/person if I booked now in their website. Would be like $400-$450 if I did one stop each way. I don't travel a ton maybe twice a year so I was just wondering when the best time to book is.

Definitely fly non-stop. Most of the flights to Aruba are early, and we had mechanical problems in Boston and missed our connection in Philly and there were no more flights down there. Had to spend one of our nights in Chester PA which was absolutely terrible. Pay the extra $$ for the non-stop, it will be worth it
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 pm

What's the best site to get a car rental on?
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm

RA, got a buddy that just went to Tahoe, said he shopped extensively and HOTWIRE, of all sites, got him the best rate.

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks man.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Thu May 20, 2010 1:38 am

If you had a free trip to go anywhere, where would you choose?

I'd go Australia first, then Italy.

All set with the Orient, Central, and West Asia.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Aintthatapip » Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 am

South Africa from June 11th to July 11th.
Aintthatapip
Special Needs

PreviousNext

Return to Vegas and other vacation spots