Politics thread

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Who should be the President of the United States?

Barack Obama
15%
Sarah Palin
5%
Tom Brady
39%
Other
41%

Total votes : 41

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

B Luc wrote:
Giggles wrote:The point exactly. ERs have to have someone available that speaks the language of the care recipient, even if it's Ugric, they have to provide care, even if nobody is going to pay for it, and they can't turn people away. And the lines at ERs are atrocious now. Might as well have them go to a shitty community health center. That's the idea, anyways.

Have to or choose to?

Have to. Denial of emergency care violates the Hippocratic Oath.

EDIT- and as far as the language thing goes, that is a mandatory policy at at least the 2 hospitals that my mom spent time working the ER at.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Aren't Hospital's privately owned, or am i completely off on that?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

I think that most are owned by NFPs i.e. Caritas, but they can be for-profit or gov't run as well.
Giggles

Postby AY » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:20 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Again, parental failure = shitty schools

Will someone please listen to rearad?
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

Postby TEE » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 pm

uconnrecruitingviolator wrote:
TEE wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/28/liberals-seek-health-care-access-for-illegals/

washington times? seriously? was glenn beck/rush not available for comment?

Did the Washington times make up the quotes by the congressmen/woman? Did they pull a fake letter out of the sky? Not my fault the huffington post didn't cover it or you would have already known.

Obviously they get care at the ER now and don't pay the bills, do you think they'll pay the insurance bills? Probably not right, then what happens to all the other premiums?
We shouldn't reward/aid people that are breaking the law.
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Giggles wrote:The point is to allow them to purchase private plans to keep them from using emergency rooms as their PCP. Right or wrong who knows, but ERs will never deny anyone care so you may want to look at it as a dollars & cents issue.

ER abuse is one of the leading drivers of health insurance costs in todays paradigm anyways.

This won't do anything to control cost.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

AY wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:Again, parental failure = shitty schools

Will someone please listen to rearad?

High School is a complete waste of time. Other than being a conduit for banging chicks and playing sports there is really nothing worth while going on in high school. You should be able to test out of high school and go straight to college.
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B

Postby uconnrecruitingviolator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:42 pm

you know what REALLY drives up costs? unnecessary testing. do i really need to get the cholesterol test my doctor orders every 6 months? do i really need a thyroid test every 6 weeks? i don't pay for that shit, my insurance does. my health care decisions and my doctor's recommendations would be much different if they actually had to sell me on why i should pay for these tests.

had a dentist tell me once that i needed 18 cavity fills. went to my regular dentist 3 hours away (i moved) and needed 1. the first dentist probably wanted a new beemer. there's nothing stopping doctors from doing the same thing, only health insurance usually covers much more than dental.

this is the real reason that costs continue to go up. not illegals in ER's, most primary care doctors are not at hospitals so how could the cost of illegal immigrants going to ERs affect what your independent doctor's office is charging you?
uconnrecruitingviolator
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:44 pm

18 cavities bro?
Giggles

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Doctors don't practice medicine anymore. They live and die by the test.
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B

Postby MCA » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:51 pm

uconnrecruitingviolator wrote:you know what REALLY drives up costs? unnecessary testing. do i really need to get the cholesterol test my doctor orders every 6 months? do i really need a thyroid test every 6 weeks? i don't pay for that shit, my insurance does. my health care decisions and my doctor's recommendations would be much different if they actually had to sell me on why i should pay for these tests.

had a dentist tell me once that i needed 18 cavity fills. went to my regular dentist 3 hours away (i moved) and needed 1. the first dentist probably wanted a new beemer. there's nothing stopping doctors from doing the same thing, only health insurance usually covers much more than dental.

this is the real reason that costs continue to go up. not illegals in ER's, most primary care doctors are not at hospitals so how could the cost of illegal immigrants going to ERs affect what your independent doctor's office is charging you?

Low end lab and x-ray isn't driving up anything. Cholesterol screenings are cheap as shit and if it saves a $150,000 heart attack they're well worth it.

If you were talking about MRI, CT Scans, CAT Scans, PET Scans, etc you'd have a point, but low cost lab xray doesn't do shit.

Its a combination of everything that is wrong...and illegals are a part of the problem.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:03 pm

uconnrecruitingviolator wrote:the first dentist probably wanted a new beemer.

For once, the liberal makes a good point. I was talking health care at the bar last night...this is the chink in the armor. No matter how much a government tells a corporation "you can't do this, you can't do that", you still can't tell a person how to feel. If a doctor wants to tell you that you have 18 cavities to profit off of you, he or she is going to do it. If a doctor would rather be a caring person, and charge a reasonable amount for only the work that needs to be done, they're going to do that too.

Getting your teeth fixed is no different than buying a car or a television. Somebody is going to feed you a line of bullshit to take more of your money. So how do we remedy this problem? Easy...we create more competition by having more dentists, which will drive down the prices.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby mcm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Ronnie B wrote:High School is a complete waste of time. Other than being a conduit for banging chicks and playing sports there is really nothing worth while going on in high school. You should be able to test out of high school and go straight to college.

but then you miss out on playing sports and banging chicks

pass
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby Old Scratch » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 pm

uconnrecruitingviolator wrote:

The reason docs are test happy can be summed up thusly: medical malpractice lawyers who win obscene jury awards for their clients. When Dr. Delirious is on the stand, and a shitbird like John Edwards is trying to sixteenth guess and seventeenth guess every decision the good doctor made while trying to treat his patient, what the hell do you think is going to happen? After being sued for his first born and his first born's first born up until the six generation of Deliriouses, the good doctor is going to order up every goddamn test he possibly can while treating the next patient with any condition at all . . . just to cover his ass.

Lobbing a bomb at a doctor for ordering up excessive tests completely misses the point. Dr. Delirious might drive a Beemer, but you know what? To John Edwards, a Beemer is a fuckin' Yaris.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:37 pm

i blame everything on illegals. are they included in the education polling too?

PreviousNext

Return to Misc