Politics thread

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Who should be the President of the United States?

Barack Obama
15%
Sarah Palin
5%
Tom Brady
39%
Other
41%

Total votes : 41

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 pm

TEE wrote:So now it looks like they want to cover illegals in the HealthCare plan. This is a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

Link?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby TEE » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 pm

B Luc wrote:
TEE wrote:So now it looks like they want to cover illegals in the HealthCare plan. This is a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

Link?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... -illegals/
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

1. That dude looks like Jackie Chan in 25 years.

The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange.

Does this make sense to anybody? I mean, seriously. How is it unfair to bar people who are here illegally from government sponsored anything? How can anyone say this with a straight face? Can we pass the Ahnold law already, so i can run for president and fix this fucking country.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

"Legal permanent residents should be able to purchase their plans, and they should also be eligible for subsidies if they need it. Undocumented, if they can afford it, should be able to buy their own private plans. It keeps them out of the emergency room," said Rep. Michael M. Honda,

Rep. Honda is a member of Yakuza. Or a fucking moron. Allowing Illegal immigrants to buy their own plan is going to end real well, i'm sure. especially when it's subsidized by the government.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 pm

The point is to allow them to purchase private plans to keep them from using emergency rooms as their PCP. Right or wrong who knows, but ERs will never deny anyone care so you may want to look at it as a dollars & cents issue.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby TEE » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Giggles wrote:The point is to allow them to purchase private plans to keep them from using emergency rooms as their PCP. Right or wrong who knows, but ERs will never deny anyone care so you may want to look at it as a dollars & cents issue.

You think that will have any effect on our friends from the south coming over at a higher clip?
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

but when it's subsidized by the government, and the illegal joe schmoo disappears because he's not going to pay the 10k he owes for his hospital stay, who are the hospitals going to look to 1st for the cash??

I'll give you 2 guesses, but there's only 1 right answer.

If you want to enjoy all the "liberties" this country has to offer, get your fucking citizenship, pay your taxes, and keep your nose clean. until then, stfu, IMO.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby TEE » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 pm

We don't want to deal with the illegal immigration problem, but we'll deal with the illegal immigrant health care issues? How does that make sense?
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 pm

umm don't illegal immigrants get free care already? they get a cold and they go to an ER. you think those bills actually get paid?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby uconnrecruitingviolator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm

TEE wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/28/liberals-seek-health-care-access-for-illegals/

washington times? seriously? was glenn beck/rush not available for comment?
uconnrecruitingviolator
Professional Bike Rider

Postby TchotchkeBG » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 pm

The idealist in me thought there'd be enough party unity to shut Joe Wilson up. This is awesome.
<i>Men like sports. Men watch the action movie, they eat of the beef, and they enjoy to look at the bosoms. </i>
- Xander Harris
TchotchkeBG
MWB

Postby Giggles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm

tballa55 wrote:umm don't illegal immigrants get free care already? they get a cold and they go to an ER. you think those bills actually get paid?

The point exactly. ERs have to have someone available that speaks the language of the care recipient, even if it's Ugric, they have to provide care, even if nobody is going to pay for it, and they can't turn people away. And the lines at ERs are atrocious now. Might as well have them go to a shitty community health center. That's the idea, anyways.

I for one think they should just be denied care if they're here illegally.
Last edited by Giggles on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby uconnrecruitingviolator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm

is that the same joe wilson that voted to extend medicaid to illegal immigrants in 06? the bill was passed in a republican house and senate and signed by a republican president.

they're all fucking frauds.
uconnrecruitingviolator
Professional Bike Rider

Postby SeanT » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:55 pm

uconnrecruitingviolator wrote:is that the same joe wilson that voted to extend medicaid to illegal immigrants in 06? the bill was passed in a republican house and senate and signed by a republican president.

they're all fucking frauds.

This is the one thing we can probably all agree on
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Giggles wrote:The point exactly. ERs have to have someone available that speaks the language of the care recipient, even if it's Ugric, they have to provide care, even if nobody is going to pay for it, and they can't turn people away. And the lines at ERs are atrocious now. Might as well have them go to a shitty community health center. That's the idea, anyways.

Have to or choose to?
B Luc
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc