Only stories pertaining to work

Which letter should I send?

#1 - Normal bullshit recommendation letter
32%
#2 - Keepin' it real letter
68%

Total votes : 28

Postby basket2486 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm

why can't you tell him you don't want to write it/you're too busy. or just be like "i'm sorry I don't feel comfortable writing a letter for you...douche"

- douche.
If god had an iPod I'd be on his playlist
basket2486
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby lugnutz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Write a letter to him and say you dont want to write a letter for him. Done and done.

O and a heart felt sorry you have to write any letters at all

Edit my mind works faster then my typing, BA eat a bag of dicks 1 out of 2 ain't bad
Last edited by lugnutz on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

RIGHT? hahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Postby TEE » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Just write so and so was here from this time to that time, he wasn't fired. The end.
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:14 pm

any chance he steps his game up now he'd be in a real job that his aunt/bulldog didn't get him? And if he fails, you can always say, "I don't know what happened to him, he was a good kid here."

Chances are if he's that much of a slacker, it will show in the interview and he won't get the job anyway.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby random internet username » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 pm

if this guy reads barstool based on this for example post how tough is it to figure out you are talking about him. i hope "the bulldog" asks you about barstool tomorrow lol
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Section 40 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Just ask the bulldog out and get it over with.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Guys, pay attention...the bulldog is no longer employed.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby The Crosby Show » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 pm

UPDATE:

I took McAdam's advice and emailed the HR guy this morning and said basically I would rather speak about this matter over the phone than in an email.

After getting his auto out of office email, he sent me another email that said he is out of town until Monday and he would like to speak to me about this person on Monday before his final interviews on Tuesday. He said my guy is one of three people left for this position.

I have an conference call appointment Monday with the HR manager and the VP of Engineering, who is an fellow CMU alum.
The Crosby Show
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Five Pound Bag » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm

very good, you're handling this in a mature, professional fashion.

now post some pxls of The Bulldog so we can all mock the hatchet-faced old shrew.
Just because I'm white and I don't dance doesn't mean I have all the answers.
Five Pound Bag
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Cros, light him up then.....it'll look like he just fucked up the final interview when he doesn't get the nod.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Giggles wrote:It is against the law to speak negatively about someone using you as a reference.

No it isn't. As with anything, you open yourself up to a defamation claim, but truth is a complete defense to defamation.
Brian
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Giggles » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm

I have been told this by many people who are responsible for making hiring decisions.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby random internet username » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:50 pm

giggles i'm pretty sure what you are thinking about is if you fire someone you cant tell the world why you fired them. so if a person has a company on their resume and you call on that company to check if its true they cant be like yeah that sob worked here and sucked mad balls.

if someone offers you as a reference thats a seperate issue.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby The Crosby Show » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:32 pm

UPDATE - Conference call yesterday with the HR Director and the VP of Enginneering, who is an fellow alum.

First 5 minutes- Me and the VP talking about our alma mater and their crappy football team.
Next 5 minutes - The HR Director telling me how much they like this kid and think he wll do a great job.
Last 5 minutes - Me being very bland about his job performance and duties.

Then the question comes, "Would you hire him again?" and I say a very strong "No." Afterward, there is about 5 seconds of silence followed by the VP saying "Is there any specific reason?" and I say "He is just not a person I would want to work for my company again."

They both thank me for my time and we hang up. Today I get an email from the VP who says "Thank you for your honesty on this matter. We have had problems in the past with this sort of situation and we are looking to avoid them in the future. I will let you know how it turns out."

I do feel better now like a weight has been lifted even if I was a little more discrete about it than I wanted to be.
The Crosby Show
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Cube Life