Boston area GRUB experiences

Suggestions on where to eat!

Re: Boston area GRUB experiences

Postby DC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

Did warren tavern for pats game yesterday and loved the tavern sliders.. come with cream cheese and carmelized onions .. also the fenway egg rolls were legit .. then headed over to Maxies before finishing at sullys.. Some toonie I was with really thought Sullys would refuse to serve us food or more then one draft since we wern't locals but that was not the case.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:18 am

Sully's has food again?

Sully's is pretty open to new residents.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:47 am

someone (all 3 of you) give me a good spot to eat in the Theater District.....

....crickets
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby B Luc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

I cook at home. But there's a PF Changs, Flemmings, and some other shite.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Go with my old go to Theater District meal 3 E pills, a large jar of K, and an 8 ball so I could walk out on my own 2 feet.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 pm

I live around the corner from there now. Montien (on Kneeland St) is the best Thai food I've found in the area, Penang (Washington and Kneeland) is Malaysian, both a little nicer than the average Chinatown dumpling places for a date. Average entrees in the teens. And Thursday is Ladies Night at Amazing, so after you put in the appetizer order she can run next door and pick out a nice little something to blast herself with under the table during dinner for 25% off. The place where the chef flipped out on the broad who complained about her Thanksgiving dinner (Pigalle) is good, and they have $1 oysters in the bar on Fridays. Right near there is Avila, same owner as Davio's, haven't eaten there in a while but I remember it being solid. If you don't mind walking a couple blocks you could just go somewhere in Downtown Crossing - Sip is pretty good, and I like JM Curleys for upscale bar food. Or save yourself some money and just get a couple Banh Mis for 3 bucks each.

Oh and hit the Tam for the best dry Manhattan for the money in Boston. 9 bucks gets you a pint glass of Makers.
"I bet Joe Buck peed the bed til he was 15." - Matt Stone
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 am

What 'hood are you in Jackie? I know there's several within a few blocks in that area (per street signs).
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 am

BS1 wrote:someone (all 3 of you) give me a good spot to eat in the Theater District.....

....crickets

Fleming's, Maggiano's, and Legal Seafood all under the same roof.

Going to a show?
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

yeah, wife wanted to go see this chick....

http://www.amyschumer.com/
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby BS1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 am

Jackie Treehorn wrote:I live around the corner from there now. Montien (on Kneeland St) is the best Thai food I've found in the area, Penang (Washington and Kneeland) is Malaysian, both a little nicer than the average Chinatown dumpling places for a date. Average entrees in the teens. And Thursday is Ladies Night at Amazing, so after you put in the appetizer order she can run next door and pick out a nice little something to blast herself with under the table during dinner for 25% off. The place where the chef flipped out on the broad who complained about her Thanksgiving dinner (Pigalle) is good, and they have $1 oysters in the bar on Fridays. Right near there is Avila, same owner as Davio's, haven't eaten there in a while but I remember it being solid. If you don't mind walking a couple blocks you could just go somewhere in Downtown Crossing - Sip is pretty good, and I like JM Curleys for upscale bar food. Or save yourself some money and just get a couple Banh Mis for 3 bucks each.

Oh and hit the Tam for the best dry Manhattan for the money in Boston. 9 bucks gets you a pint glass of Makers.

Avila sounds like a possibility as we both like Mediterranean food.....Fleming's is always a solid choice....looks like we may have to flip a coin. Definitley hitting up Amazing, ha

I was actually at the Emerald Lounge last night for our company party and that place was pretty solid. The Talent behind the bar was insane
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 pm

rearadmiral wrote:What 'hood are you in Jackie? I know there's several within a few blocks in that area (per street signs).

Kind of on the edge of downtown crossing and Chinatown. In a high rise on Washington St right near Centerfolds. Great location and the building is really nice but obviously not a nice quaint neighborhood (the old Combat Zone). I kind of wish I had lived there when I was young, dumb and full o cum, but I probably would have gotten mugged and/or murdered back then.

The building going up across the street from mine (the Kensington) looks like it's going to be awesome. Big rooftop pool and deck, etc. I think that Millenium Place building is supposed to be done around the end of next year too.
"I bet Joe Buck peed the bed til he was 15." - Matt Stone
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby BS1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:50 am

Went casual and hit up MJ O'Connors for dinner.....pretty average

The show was OK

Ended up having several drinks with Bluc. And yes, I got the xtra slice, ha
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby B Luc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 pm

And I'm sure you're glad you did. Great seeing you and the wife, buddy. Think I'm gonna make an appearance on the 23rd.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby SeanT » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Coming back to town for the holiday and looking for a good spot to take the wife to dinner for the first free night in a long time (stashing the baby with the grand parents and staying in town). Any suggestions? Not a big seafood guy but anything else is fair game.
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby B Luc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 pm

There's a 5 guys on Summer Street

I've been wanting to try the salty pig, but that might be a bit low brow for a dinner/night out with the wife
B Luc
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurant Reviews