I <3 Apple | MacBooks/iPods/iPads/iTunes

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: I <3 Apple | MacBooks/iPods/iPads/iTunes

Postby mcm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Section 40 wrote:MCM I hope you are right about being grandfathered in but sadly my experience has been that as soon as you change/upgrade devices your unlimited plan goes away too and you will have a choice of either 2Gb or 4GB plans. Changing from Blackberry to an Iphone will require a data plan change as well as a voicemail change and you will lose your old voicemail when switching over. Unlimited data is going the way of the dinosaur.

I'll argue my tits off because about 5-6 months after I got my BB i wanted to cancel the data plan (I got an Ipad and really only use my phone to text and make calls) and they said if I cancelled it I'd lose my unlimited data plan (which weren't going to be offered anymore). So thats really the only reason I kept it.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
mcm wrote:I'll prob get the 4 then.

Right now me and my wife's blackberry are unlimited and I think we will be grandfathered into unlimited. Thats what I'm hoping for atleast. Our monthly bill for 2 blackberry's and an Ipad is right around $150.

Do you use the iPad outside of your house? I just use my home wireless for my iPad instead of paying extra because I don't use it anywhere else.

My work laptop (which I hardly ever used and was passed down to me from someone else) shit the bed and it was right around the same time I got the Ipad so I just said instead of buying me a new laptop just pay for my Ipad data plan and they said fine. Its good to have for vacations but thats about it.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Ah, I see. Then that's worth it.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:30 pm

mcm wrote:
Section 40 wrote:MCM I hope you are right about being grandfathered in but sadly my experience has been that as soon as you change/upgrade devices your unlimited plan goes away too and you will have a choice of either 2Gb or 4GB plans. Changing from Blackberry to an Iphone will require a data plan change as well as a voicemail change and you will lose your old voicemail when switching over. Unlimited data is going the way of the dinosaur.

I'll argue my tits off because about 5-6 months after I got my BB i wanted to cancel the data plan (I got an Ipad and really only use my phone to text and make calls) and they said if I cancelled it I'd lose my unlimited data plan (which weren't going to be offered anymore). So thats really the only reason I kept it.

Arguing MIGHT get you a service credit but you will likely lose your data. Unless something has changed, there are iPhone specific plans and the way they are provisioned won't allow the plan to be moved over from the blackberry. Again, I could be wrong but be prepared to lose the unlimited.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby mcm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

shiiiiit

Never trust a big butt and smile, or anything Verizon tells you.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 am

Per a phone call I just made, iPhone 5 is $199 for 16GB, 4s is $99, and 4 is free for the 8GB.

I don't really need the latest & greatest but might as well for $200.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 am

Bit the bullet and got the 5. I was sold on it being 4G as opposed to the 4 and 4s which are 3G.

Want to hear a good joke? I bought two Iphone 5's @199 a piece? Total was $400 right? Wrong. Try $540.

$30 "upgrade" fee per phone. I guess that one started a few month ago. Thanks, Verizon.

If that wasn't bad enough, you pay sales tax on "retail" value of the phone ($650 X 2 = $1300). Another $80 there. Add $15 for the screen protectors. Would have forked over more $$ for the car charger but they didn't have them in stock. Fuck me.....
mcm
Title Town

Postby Section 40 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Where is everybody, in line at the Apple store?
MCM, I would have been homicidal when discussing the $30 shakedown/upgrade fee.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Section 40 wrote:Where is everybody, in line at the Apple store?
MCM, I would have been homicidal when discussing the $30 shakedown/upgrade fee.

Luckily my phone is getting delivered. No waiting in line. Supposed to come by Oct 5th.

Yeah that $30 upgrade fee is new. I guess it started a couple months ago. Not worth arguing over with a 20 yr old chick who doesn't know shit about shit and makes $12 an hour.
mcm
Title Town

Postby TeeDub » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 pm

mcm wrote:Bit the bullet and got the 5. I was sold on it being 4G as opposed to the 4 and 4s which are 3G.

I dumped my vodka tonic into my iPhone Saturday night and got a 4s and mine is 4G
TeeDub
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Is it Verizon?
mcm
Title Town

Previous

Return to Misc