International News

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: International News

Postby Section 40 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Romney sounded like a man with strong religious convictions and is sticking by those convictions no matter what it costs him.
The Vet asked him a yes/no question and he answered it.
The vet didn't like the answer but Romney did not dodge the question and he didn't run away.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Section 40 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Section 40 wrote:While I see the outrage over Romney's "attack" on Obama here but I don't recall reading anything about Obama's offering to apologize to Japan for ending World War II and having the Japanes turn him down a few years back.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... hiroshima/
In September 2009, US Ambassador to Japan John Roos reported to the Obama administration that the Japanese government did not think it was a good idea for President Obama to visit Hiroshima to apologize for the US having dropped an atomic bomb on that city, a secret cable published by Wikileaks revealed.

Roos wrote the cable after his August meeting with Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka, reporting to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the Japanese government felt “the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a ‘non-starter.’ While a simple visit to Hiroshima without fanfare is sufficiently symbolic to convey the right message, it is premature to include such program in the November visit.”

Too much time has passed and most of the WWII Veterans are gone now so I guess it doesn't matter that Obama wanted to apologize to the nation that perpetrated a "Date which will live in Infamy" but its still a despicable thought to even entertain, never mind have it turned down.

Bump.
Obama wanted to apologize to the Japanese for Hiroshima. What are your thoughts on this? Where is the outrage?
Why the crickets?
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Your counterpoint is from 3 years ago. What exactly would you like people to say?

Also my "outrage", as you put it, isn't about his "attack". My outrage is that he blatantly refused to admit he was wrong in the time-line of things and continued to push the issue. Making it something about politics. He's not in the position to know what the current POTUS knows, but if he continues to swing wildly whenever something happens he'll end up sounding more like Sarah Palin and less like a legitimate candidate.

I'm personally not sold on Obama and he doesn't have my vote guaranteed for November, but Romney seems to be working really hard to not win votes of the independents like myself. His trickle down economics theory doesn't jive with me because it's not going to work short term, and there's no guarantee it will work long term. Cutting taxes for anyone (which I would LOVE) when there is such a huge deficit lacks complete logic unless he's keeping the "important" piece of that strategy under his hat until post-election. If you remove regulation from wall street we're gonna have the same thing that happened in 2008. Give people who spend their lives making money on the market absolutely free reign and greed will creep in like a cold november wind. And that bitch isn't going away til everybody is sick and broke.

Also, good for Romney for having faith and religion. But we don't live in a theocracy. Who is the President to tell someone they can't love another person and express that love through marriage?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Ultimately it's not up to the President to tell someone that they can or can't love anyone they want, there are state and federal laws that dictate this. The man in question asked Romney his views on a specific topic and he asnwered him honestly instead of running away. You may not like the answer but he did not shy away.
As for the latest slaughter of the innocents overseas, again, its politics and everything is fair game and thats the way it has always been. Think back to the hostages that were taken when Jimmy Carter was President in 1979. The hostages were released and on a plane out of Iranian air space the day Ronald Reagan took office. The Iranians held the hostages for 440 days, during the heart of the election season, and the Republicans took every opportunity to remind the country that the Democrats were weak and reluctant to take charge. The Iranians rubbed the nose of the US in shit for the entire world to see and they not only held Americans hostage but once the rescue operation failed they took great pleasure in gloating over the corpses of dead servicemen. It's not different than what is going on right now. The Presidency is at stake here and though not on the scale of the hostage crisis of 79-80 it is still a political point of contention and there are no rules.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Section 40 wrote:Romney sounded like a man with strong religious convictions and is sticking by those convictions no matter what it costs him.
The Vet asked him a yes/no question and he answered it.
The vet didn't like the answer but Romney did not dodge the question and he didn't run away.

Strong religious convictions = bigotry in 2012

You're missing the irony, S40. A guy who put his ass on the line for his country being told he is less of a citizen by a rich prick that made a career of hiding money and firing people.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 pm

He didn't shy away, that is true. But so what. Romney doesn't even know what he stands for...and if he does he's not saying it.

And I can't in good conscience vote for a person or party who wouldn't allow my cousin or particular friends from being married because they have some fantasy belief that it will destroy the "sanctity" of marriage.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Wazzup w Romney driving cross country with his dog tied to the roof of his station wagon, Clark griswold style?
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Romney clearly hates animals, especially dogs.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Also re: the infamous day in WWII...

I'm glad they dropped the bomb, but that was some fucked up shit to do. To date America is the only country to use a nuclear weapon on an enemy. And it takes both balls and a great deal "I don't get a fuck what you think" to do some shit like that.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 am

mcm wrote:Wazzup w Romney driving cross country with his dog tied to the roof of his station wagon, Clark griswold style?

But Romney never got pulled over by Sgt. Stedenko.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Previous

Return to Misc