Election '12

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: Election '12

Postby lugnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 am

Section 40 wrote:
rearadmiral wrote: If you're friends with any gay people or women, voting R does them no favors.

How so? Please elaborate.

I am curious how you will spin the GOP not intent on voting to set gay and woman's rights back 50 years
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:05 am

AY wrote:
mcm wrote:wife's cousin is gay but thats about it

I do believe in gay rights though (see chick fil a thread)

AY has tons of gay friends but went to Chick Fil A day....go figure that one out.

No I didn't. I never said I did. I won't wait in lines like that to eat anywhere.

maybe i mis-remembered
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am

lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 pm

lugnutz wrote: I am curious how you will spin the GOP not intent on voting to set gay and woman's rights back 50 years

Please enlighten me on this agenda, seriously.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lugnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry but If you dont already acknowledge that the polices and intentions of the GOP are aimed at halting progress made in the civil rights of gay people...and the reproductive rights of women.....there is no chance you can be enlightened.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

Section 40 wrote:
rearadmiral wrote: If you're friends with any gay people or women, voting R does them no favors.

How so? Please elaborate.

The GOP's vehement opposition to two gay adults getting married.

Their desire to do away with Planned Parenthood, desire to overturn Roe V. Wade, belief that rape victims should have the baby because it's a "blessing", utterly head-shaking 'knowledge' about how the female body works. The list goes on and on and on.

Less government, my ass.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Less government, my ass.

I was having a convo/debate about politics with a chick about 2 weeks ago. She's very pro-GOP and anti-abortion, blah blah blah. Her arguing point was that she wants less government involvement in citizens everyday lives.

I asked how you can claim smaller government involvement and less spending while 1) Vehemently fighting to end a woman's right to choose 2) Calling for a constitutional amendment to stop 2 people from getting married and living in peace, and 3) Calling for a vastly larger military, and a larger military presence all over the world.

She didn't have an answer.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:54 am

rearadmiral wrote:The GOP's vehement opposition to two gay adults getting married.
Their desire to do away with Planned Parenthood, desire to overturn Roe V. Wade, belief that rape victims should have the baby because it's a "blessing", utterly head-shaking 'knowledge' about how the female body works. The list goes on and on and on.

Less government, my ass.

George Bush was President for 8 years and is quite religious, why did all these catastrophic human rights violations that Republicans will foist upon the country not happen during his reign of terror? How exactly is Mitt Romney going to accomplish this? Specifically Roe vs Wade. Romney has a way of overturning the Supreme Court? Knowledge about the female anatomy? You mean the buffoon in Missouri vying for office speaks for all Republicans? Please. There are a lot of people with opinions on gay marriage but apparently only Republicans will start the witch hunt to keep them down. Scott Brown is Republican yet was the first one to speak out regarding the aforementioned Missouri buffoon, how can this be? According to your logic all Republicans are goose stepping Nazi's but it's a little more complicated than what you write.
What is your opinion of Liz Warren?
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 am

Section 40 wrote:George Bush was President for 8 years and is quite religious, why did all these catastrophic human rights violations that Republicans will foist upon the country not happen during his reign of terror?

George Bush wasn't a bad guy, and I honestly think he had the best interests of the country in mind. I think his VP was the puppet master that led to Iraq and turning of a blind eye to the financial industry. But when you're the boss and the shit sucks, you're the one who catches hell.

Section 40 wrote:How exactly is Mitt Romney going to accomplish this? Specifically Roe vs Wade. Romney has a way of overturning the Supreme Court?

Amendment to the constitution. If he wins he'll probably have the GOP/Tea Party (they're not the same thing, folks) votes in congress to get it passed.

Section 40 wrote:Knowledge about the female anatomy? You mean the buffoon in Missouri vying for office speaks for all Republicans? Please. There are a lot of people with opinions on gay marriage but apparently only Republicans will start the witch hunt to keep them down.

That Missouri asshat wasn't the 1st or last to spew such lunacy. It got so much attention because of the phrase "legitimate rape".

But you're right, there are a lot of opinions on gays and gay marriage. A large portion of the black community is against it. Not so much because they hate 'the gay' but because they fear God. Which in itself is ironic considering the amount of homosexuality and molestation that takes place in the black church and community, which is never covered. And probably never will be on a national scale a la the Roman Catholic Church.

Section 40 wrote:Scott Brown is Republican yet was the first one to speak out regarding the aforementioned Missouri buffoon, how can this be? According to your logic all Republicans are goose stepping Nazi's but it's a little more complicated than what you write.

Scott Brown seems fake to me (personal opinion), but he's a better option than Elizabeth Warren. I honestly don't know what that broad stands for. He doesn't lose his seat to her, btw.

And goose stepping Nazi's is a huge stretch. The GOP's current platform is so invasive into peoples personal lives that it is illogical to suggest they are for less government.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:48 am

rearadmiral wrote:
Less government, my ass.

The only place they are for less government is where rich peoples money comes in (inheritance...capitol gains taxes among them) and regulations that protect the average Joe from rich people raping wall st and other financial systems.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Sanchez/Tebow '12 has my vote
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby BS1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:04 pm

shiiite...I'm going

MATTY ICE/JULIO JONES

to hell with the QB/QB tandem
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I love how if you dump on a (R), even if it's a lame fat joke about Chris Christie, you're a pussyfootin' liberal. It's possible to shit on one side and not be part of the other side.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm

B Luc wrote:The issue with that fantasty land platform is that a large number of people are idiots and will vote for this wonderful utopia ushered in by a Mormon and some dude who wants to control every vagina in the country, but in the fun kinky kind of way.

And that's not to say I think Obama has done a bang up job, I'm a realist. I'd give him a C+/B- grading on a curve. But when you have a majority of congress being completely against compromise then you have a serious problem.

Also, people who cast their votes based upon a promise to lower wealth folks taxes are insane. That money the rich would save doesn't trickle down immediately, if ever. It goes into Cayman Island accounts or into additions to a house, or a new car, or into the stock market. But it rarely trickles down.

And plus, the fact that congress refuses to realize that stall tactics regarding debt/spending/taxes, etc. will send the world into another economic downturn. Their inaction affects the psyche's of people who want to invest. If it turns into a fire sale because people don't want to lose what they have in the market...well we're all fucked.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another revolutionary/civil war, centered in D.C. & NYC in the next 15 years.

@BS1: Yep. Make sure the little one gets the best education possible. And that she can shoot. That's her generations only hope.

Who builds those additions, sells them cars and invests their money? Carpenters, Lugnutz, and stock brokers. I would say the money trickles down to the middle class.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby B Luc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

1. Did you miss the word "immediately"?
2. The tax cuts trickling down in a major way to the employees of business owners is unlikely because people are more likely to hoard their $$ for just in case purposes...and that's not a bad thing, I just think it's a fact.
3. The longer the country has a deficit the more unstable the world view of our economy will be...and the strength of our economy largely determines the world economy.
B Luc
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc