Shit on Sports Media Here...

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: Shit on Sports Media Here...

Postby B Luc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:03 pm

DC wrote:Love King MMQB columns.. i enjoy format and everything.. I get a kick out 2 boston radio blowhards shitting on King... Guy has more contacts in NFL then just about anyone and has been near or at top of biz for some time. He is the info guy on NBC sunday night football show.. any locals clowning on a national guy in 2 media formats are the real joke.

So because they're local he can't be clowned? Since when was that the rule? I heard the segment, and I agree with them. Didn't say shit about his connections or his NFL knowledge.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 pm

King is an arrogant blowhard that has zero humility and talks down to everyone with a column full of shilling.

Viable NFL reporter, sure.

But he deserves all the scorn he receives.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 pm

rearadmiral wrote:King is an arrogant blowhard that has zero humility and talks down to everyone with a column full of shilling.

Viable NFL reporter, sure.

But he deserves all the scorn he receives.

Disagree totally... Yeah he is rude at times to ass clowns who tweet him ridiculous comments.. Ask any of the people who go to his meetups when he is in foxboro or any other nfl city. He meets with regular fans of his column at coffee shops or other places. I happened to be having dinner during lockout at Westend Bistro in DC and King walked into the bar. Stayed and had a few drinks and while I was not a pain to him I did bs with him about football for 7-10 minutes. He could have told me to buzz of but he was kind as can be. People need to realize how many idiots tweet and email media and/or celebs. They can get annoyed just like all of us.. King takes time to meet with regular fans, does plenty for charities including the Army sgt from St. Louis. He visits the troops wiht coaches..Sports talk radio guys tend to be the biggest me first ego guys around.. give me King anyday over those asses
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby BS1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:01 am

im with DC on this one....
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Section 40 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Kristine Leahy is out @ Fox 25. Good riddance to that douchebag. She brought absolutely nothing to the table and actually made me wish that they hadn't gotten rid of Butch Stearns.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 am

I was at a Bs presser last year and heard the camera guys goofing on her, saying "Shh! She's gonna ask a question!".
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am

Don't get me wrong, I'd still cement her eyelids, but as far as sports goes she's terrible.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:39 pm

RearAd, great dig to the C.H.B.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Grazie.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I turned on 850 for the first time in a dogs age last night while I picked up dinner to listen to the Giants-Steelers game in my car. Had Stern on this morning then went out for lunch and hit the AM/FM button and 850 was still on. Colin Cowherd was on and then it switched to some ESPN radio show with Ryan Russillo. Did EEI get rid of the 10-2 slot? Is Big Show still on? I listened to nothing but EEI from like 98 to 2006.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby Section 40 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 pm

WEEI resides solely on 93.7 now. Dennis and Callahan drive time, Mutt and Merloni mid mornings to 2:00 and the Big Idiot and Holley are on drive time. I have heard Mike Adams on D&C in the morning lately but I'm assuming that he still has the 6-11 shift but I wouldn't know because I'm usually home by then and not tuning in.
ESPN Radio is 850 am
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm

DA leaving the 6-10 show sportshub to host some 2AM-6AM show for CBS Radio.

i never listened anyway but it will semi-interesting to see who they replace him with
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Previous

Return to General Sports