Chick-Fil-A

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: Chick-Fil-A

Postby AY » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 pm

BS1 wrote:
AY wrote:Marriage was not defined by man but by God as a union between a man and a woman.

So everything "god" says is true?

What if one doesn't believe in god?

It doesn't matter if one believes or not. The definition doesn't change.

Think about it scientifically. There is overwhelming evidence that evolution exists in some form, yet many don't believe in evolution. Their belief does not change what the overwhelming evidence shows.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby AY » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:42 pm

mcm wrote:AY, how long did you wait in line the other day? I heard some locations were running out of menu items.

AY wrote: I didn't go yesterday because it was too damn crowded.

Try and keep up.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby vtexposfan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:03 am

1) I love that we can still generate four page threads, even with our limited community in 2012. Sigh...makes me yearn for years past. But you guys have done well here.

2) I keep a Chick-fil-A drink carrier in my car for when I have a container larger than the average cup/can that one would place in a standard cup holder. I've been to their Burlington mall location twice, and just happened to save the carrier. Even before they were a hot news item, everybody who rode in my car commented on it:

OH MY GOD WHERE IS THERE CHICK-FIL-A AROUND HERE

I think the lesson is that Boston is a desert for fast food options. There's a backlash among our progressive population, for sure...but I'll bet there's an equal population that needs/wants a break from McDonalds and KFC. In any case, this whole thing has received far more press than its worth. Dan Cathy's endorsement of "traditional marriage" organizations isn't keeping a dick out of anybody's ass.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby lugnutz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 am

First nobody wants to change God's definition of marriage...just the legal definition of marriage in the eyes of our government so that two people who love each other can have the same basic rights as other citizens.

Second, Organized religion is a fictitious gift given to us by generations of stern mothers, who made their kids go to the same church/synagogue/mosque/dark chamber their mom made them go to, without being allowed to question the infinite amount of new information we have today. One single belief should not govern all of us, and our forefathers knew this to be true and provided for religious separation from state....giving us the ability to make civic law without offending someone else's belief system.

Fuck just smile and know they are going to the center of the earth, where hell is, to suffer for their sins. They will not get to sit upon a fluffy white cloud and play the fucking harp.

Off soap box
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 pm

AY wrote:Marriage was not defined by man but by God as a union between a man and a woman. We don't have the authority to change that definition. The popular argument against this is to mention the divorce rates and infidelity among heterosexual couples, but that is a weak argument because that doesn't change the intent or definition of marriage. Somehow that is turned into hatred against gays which is such a huge leap in logic it cannot possibly make sense. I'm not denying people hate gay people for being gay, but they are going to hate regardless and we can't change that either.

My city hall defines it as two people. And the law trumps a book that not everybody (selectively) lives their life by.

Marriage may have started as a religious thing. But the act has evolved and is non-denominationally regulated by city & state agencies. Marriage is very much like circumcision in that regard. So God, if you believe in him, is irrelevant to the discussion.

AY, if you give money to a group of people whose cause is to actively prevent gays from marrying, then, yes, you are anti-gay.

mcm, cremation is the new black.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 pm

rearadmiral wrote:AY, if you give money to a group of people whose cause is to actively prevent gays from marrying, then, yes, you are anti-gay.

Then I guess I'm anti-gay. I'll let my gay friends know I don't like them any more.

My old homeboy Antoine Dodson is down with Chic-Fil-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q
AY

Postby BS1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 am

AY wrote:
BS1 wrote:
AY wrote:Marriage was not defined by man but by God as a union between a man and a woman.

So everything "god" says is true?

What if one doesn't believe in god?

It doesn't matter if one believes or not. The definition doesn't change.

Think about it scientifically. There is overwhelming evidence that evolution exists in some form, yet many don't believe in evolution. Their belief does not change what the overwhelming evidence shows.

The definition absolutely does change, see RA's comment, he said it very well

People that don't believe in something, even when there is overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise, baffle me.....but thats just me. I am an evolution guy, even after going to church for 18 straight years. My Biology degree might have had something to do with that.

and I'm on board for the cremation thing....
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby mcm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 am

vtexposfan wrote:I think the lesson is that Boston is a desert for fast food options.

This is not the lesson I got out of it, but I do wish there was more variety.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 am

rearadmiral wrote:
mcm, cremation is the new black.

and 40 is the new 30
mcm
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 am

mcm wrote:
vtexposfan wrote:I think the lesson is that Boston is a desert for fast food options.

This is not the lesson I got out of it, but I do wish there was more variety.

1 of the lowest of any capital city in the country.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby AY » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 pm

BS1 wrote:
The definition absolutely does change, see RA's comment, he said it very well

People that don't believe in something, even when there is overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise, baffle me.....but thats just me. I am an evolution guy, even after going to church for 18 straight years. My Biology degree might have had something to do with that.

and I'm on board for the cremation thing....

It is impossible to change something defined by a higher power than man. Like it or not, it is what it is and matters not what one chooses to not believe in. Like I have said, I wholeheartedly agree with civil unions and would like to see all 50 states adopt them, but we know that won't fly in most places in the south and midwest. I wish it was as simple as a battle of semantics, but it is not.

"Going to church" and believing in evolution are not mutually exclusive. Science and Christianity can and do coexist. Evangelical protestantism tends to be where you find the most religious opposition to evolution and they are very vocal, especially in the south(you should know since you lived in Mississippi), but they don't speak for Christians as a whole. They get their view from their literalist interpretation of the Bible, which is a somewhat recent phenomena considering Christianity has been around 2000 years. I don't have a biology degree but I believe there are merits to evolution theory as science has proven over the years, just like one doesn't need an English degree to know how to properly construct a sentence or a math degree to calculate 2+2.

Nothing wrong with cremation. My mother-in-law was just cremated in June and I'm fine with being cooked myself.
AY

Postby mcm » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 am

mcm
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 am

LOL

I'd also like to say I'm glad to see a new thread around here that goes more than 1 or 2 pages that doesn't involve broads.

Continue with your regulary scheduled debate.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Mr. X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:40 pm

until about 3 months ago Obama and the chick fil-a dude had the same opinion RE gay marriage. Maybe he'll eventually "evolve" like Obama did.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:46 pm

why so political?
mcm
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc