Re: NBA Playoffs 2012

Postby tballa55 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 am

OKC in 3 8)
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Last summer I was watching KD play at Rucker/Dyckman now I'm watching him play in the NBA Finals. If thats not a Cinderella story I don't know what is.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 am

jtk4 wrote:the media is a bunch of blowhards. I never understood why we would expect some of these payers that play their ass of and are disappointed/pissed they lost to go over and shake ands and smile with the guys that beat them. I like it better when everyone does not like each other.

No shit. '80s Cs would never dap '80s Pistons. It's not like it's a tradition in NHL where they actually beat the fuck out of each other for 4-7 games.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
jtk4 wrote:the media is a bunch of blowhards. I never understood why we would expect some of these payers that play their ass of and are disappointed/pissed they lost to go over and shake ands and smile with the guys that beat them. I like it better when everyone does not like each other.

No shit. '80s Cs would never dap '80s Pistons. It's not like it's a tradition in NHL where they actually beat the fuck out of each other for 4-7 games.

Disappointed you posted that here RA after I told you I still have video of Mchale shaking hands and telling Isiah or Dumars to "go get it" after Detroit beat Boston in 88... I agree with your broader point my whole point on this was people hold Lebron to different standards then others... when he did same thing against orlando in 09 it was on every radio show that is national.. with boston only cowherd had the balls to mention it...
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

old poster mcadam texted me after the Celts were eliminated that finals ratings would be terrible but game 1 broke records for abc and was second highest finals game 1 since jordan era... lakers/76ers in 01 also beat it.. but it was higher then both boston/lakers matchups and miami/dallas last year... its the top 2 players in the league head to head so im surprised he felt that way..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/b ... &eref=sihp
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Everyone knows I don't follow the NBA, but I like Durant and the entire OKC team and that is the sole reason why I watched any of the game last night. Had the Spurs beat them I doubt I would watch even a second of any of the games. So it makes sense ratings are up if some schmuck like me is even remotely interested.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 am

DC wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:

Disappointed you posted that here RA after I told you I still have video of Mchale shaking hands and telling Isiah or Dumars to "go get it" after Detroit beat Boston in 88... I agree with your broader point my whole point on this was people hold Lebron to different standards then others... when he did same thing against orlando in 09 it was on every radio show that is national.. with boston only cowherd had the balls to mention it...

That was 1 friendly fellow 25 years ago and certainly an exception.

My point is that not wanting to greet/shake hands/hug/whatever a guy who just ended your season in a league that historically didn't do that stuff doesn't make you "classless".
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby jtk4 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 am

My point was more if players want to shake hands they can but if they don't they should not be bound by some type of "class" thing to do it.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 pm

What a game(well last 4 minutes). DC got lucky with the no call.

OKC doesn't lose this series.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 am

I know refs can't see everything, but how do they not call that foul on Lebron at the very end?
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby DC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:07 am

yeah it was a foul but I'd argue okc has got the majority of calls so far..even jvg would agree based on commentary.. don't put your self in position to need a big comeback last minute.. big win.. needed win ... game 3 is must win for heat as well... only 1 home team in history of 2-3-2 has won all 3 middle games, the 06 Heat..can't expect that.. as a Heat fan I am hoping for the MUST take 2 of 3 at home so you head back to okc up 3-2 and spo can steal another riles speech .. the "one suit, one shirt, one tie" speech lol .. Shane Battier signing paying dividends right now..

Finally win or lose Lebron doubt should stop. If they lose this series it will because wade no shows 4 games..I expect the extra day off before game 3 should help wade and battier.

All tonight changed for me is gun to head okc in 7 now instead of 6 ...
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby jtk4 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 am

Lebron came up big in the 4th, hopefully it kills the choke in the clutch crap talk. I do not think OKC is ready yet they seem too young and westbrook still takes some absolutely horrendous shots. I think Miami takes it.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:15 am

He's gonna get shit until he wins. Just like A-Rod.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 am

rearadmiral wrote:He's gonna get shit until he wins. Just like A-Rod.

I think your right and its totally unfair because the comparison besides both being considered "best player in their games" for a time period is not valid...

Arod started getting hated when he left seattle for texas and that record contract.. He put up huge numbers for a LAST PLACE team.. this started the reputation he did not care or could not be a winner.. he goes to a stacked yankee team and they suffer the biggest collapse in baseball history in 04.. Arod has playoff years of batting in the 100s and even below 100 between 04 -08 . Thats the equivalent of lebron shooting below 30% or averaging single digit points..

Lebron while not winning a title in Cleveland won in the playoffs making an nba finals and finishing with best record in league with very little talent behind him, not finishing in last place like Arod. Since he started really getting hated after joining Miami he has taken his team to the NBA finals BOTH years while Arod could not sniff a WS till 09 after Boston collapse. While Arod struggled throughout playoffs in 05-08, Lebron has had great series and come up clutch against Boston 2 years in the playoffs and the Chicago series last year. Besides Arod took steroids which makes him a fraud and ends any comparison to Lebron right there.. B Luc and Tballer may be only people on here who agreee with this last point but part of the Lebron hate to me comes from the fact he was a young black man who took control of the system. There are still many who feels these athletes should just cash their big checks and do what their told. Fact is in real world Dan Gilbert cavs owner who profited multi millions off subprime loans (trust me in real estate we used to dread hearing a client was going with quicken loans) is a much bigger creep then lebron. When you really look at the performance and deeds of Lebron and Arod there is no comparison.

Lebron lecacy situation is more closely tied to Peyton Manning minus the decision.. Manning won games, put up huge numbers, but could not get over final hump (patriots) .
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Mr. X » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:16 pm

DC wrote: its the top 2 players in the league head to head so im surprised he felt that way..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/b ... &eref=sihp

It's a Boston centric perspective. When Boston teams aren't in the finals, the fans don't watch, with the exception of the Super Bowl of course.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports