NBA Playoffs 2012

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: NBA Playoffs 2012

Postby DC » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 pm

tballa55 wrote:I'm thinking Miami will just give up now after last night like the LBJ led Cavs did a few years ago.

doubt that and if that happens spo can pack bags now ... what miami does need is zo and the only guy with a 3-0 record in game 6s against the celtics Pat Riley to give a talk to these guys... its man up time .. legacy time...i will lose a lot of repsect for lebron and wade if they go down easy thursday..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby B Luc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Spo already has a moving company on retainer. If they don't win it all he's gone. And 1 of your big 3 might be gone, too.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 am

Looks like BOS/MIA is going 7
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 am

Cause OKC-SA went 6?

I was just thinking about this, and I think both Wade and James need to have monster games for them to win tonight. Which isn't impossible. But James' track record in the jungle isn't good...same goes for MIA in general. We'll see. I'll be doing deadlifts come tip off.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am

Celtics need to get out fast and force anyone but LJ and Dwade to shoot. All of them are too nervous to shoot the ball when the Heat are down even at home so at the Garden it will be impossible.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:35 pm

B Luc
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Celtics missed their chance in the 3rd to cut the lead. See y'all Saturday.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby DC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 am

as you know by now I'm a wade guy but man that was a special performance tonight by bron bron .. hope the same people in the media who are so quick to pick apart his every move can acknowledge that ..

Now that said, Dwade needs to start playing before the 4th qtr in game 7... lebron will get 30 but not play like tonight again saturday.. wade needs to step up.. he is my second favorite player ever after magic but he gets a free fucking pass from everyone even when he is bad.. only other guy I know who gets so much a pass is tom brady.. both guys can suck in playoff games but someone else the defense , lebron, spo are at fault.. again my favorite 2 current players in their respective sports. I guess the ring provides that buffer...

I expect Miami to win game 7 but if they let boston hang around they def could lose.. They need to get an 8 plus point lead and keep around there.. I was shocked that boston no showed tonight at home.. was hearing how the crowd before tip was like a finals clinching game and that ticket prices were absurd.. then they bailed with 7 minutes left.. thought that never happened in boston... I know bruins fans would not bail like that.

BTW unless wade gets knee drained again, okc in 6 or less against either of these teams.. Finally Bill Simmons tweetless during the entire game...fucking coward won't even acknowledge an all time game from lebron...RA shits on him as a blogger
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby BS1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 am

love him or hate him, that was pretty fun to watch last night, especially in the first half
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby jtk4 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

It seemed LBJ played angry last night. He channeled his inner Kobe and actually called for the ball. IF he stays aggressive like this nobody will stop him. I say the heat win easily in Miami and as a celtics fan I will be upset that the C's did not make the finals but as a basketball fan I will probably be more entertained my a heat/thunder finals then a celtics/thunder finals. Celtics do not match up well at all with them.

Wade blows and the only reason I can think of is because he is hurt.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Big games from PP and Bass tonight. Rondo goes 18/18/18. Miami wins 93-88. Congrats DC.

KG is back in Boston next year.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby DC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:46 pm

This whole series has been breaking espn nba ratings and tonight should as well.. until mid 4th was back and forth.. Props to Boston they made Miami go out and win it in second half and 4th.. Chris MOFO Bosh wow... what a difference.. Boston just ran out of gas, I think they only had 6 points the final 8 minutes... Total class by Doc and Ray Ray as usual and i'm pleased PP stuck around this year but KG and Rondo were classless leaving the court with over 12 seconds left.. Isiah and Detroit only other team I know did that vs Bulls in 91 and got crushed.. If miami (wade or Bron) did that the whole media would be killing him... I would love to get R. Allen to take a 1 year deal with the Heat if Boston does not bring him back due to Bradley.

As for the Finals, gun to head I would say OKC in 6 but Bosh looking healthy could make it interesting.. It's not a title but taking out the Celtics back to back seasons is pretty sweet.

How will the big 3 era be remembered in Boston? .. I was shocked how poor their record in closeout games was: 10-14 including 08 title run and just 6-11 since. They def made hoops relevant again in Boston but is it bittersweet they never won it again after taking it all that first season?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby jtk4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 am

I agree Boston just ran out of gas at the end. The only way for boston to win was to run and get to the basket before the Miami D got set up but it would end up being rondo 1 on 2 as the old guys just could not. Bosh hitting the outside shot was the difference as he pulled KG out and boston had nobody that could protect the rim.

I will look back on this as a success. We knew what we were getting three guys on the backend of their prime. KG getting hurt killed one year, perk going down killed the other one. This year they were not getting a title and fought to the end. If Miami does not win this year and Bosh is traded can we look back and say that Miami's Big three was a failure?

Lebron left without shaking hands against Orlando back in the day.
I had no issue with it then when he did it and have no issue now.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:08 am

jtk4 wrote:I agree Boston just ran out of gas at the end. The only way for boston to win was to run and get to the basket before the Miami D got set up but it would end up being rondo 1 on 2 as the old guys just could not. Bosh hitting the outside shot was the difference as he pulled KG out and boston had nobody that could protect the rim.

I will look back on this as a success. We knew what we were getting three guys on the backend of their prime. KG getting hurt killed one year, perk going down killed the other one. This year they were not getting a title and fought to the end. If Miami does not win this year and Bosh is traded can we look back and say that Miami's Big three was a failure?

Lebron left without shaking hands against Orlando back in the day.
I had no issue with it then when he did it and have no issue now.

your right Bron did against orlando as espn discussed on the radio this weekend and was killed by media for 24 hours in 09..

If Miami TRADES bosh then they are getting assets for him and without signing him they would not have been able to get those assets.. Heat traded young assets odom, butler in 04 for win now with shaq and like Boston got 1 title, since it was their first it was totally worth it for me as a fan.. but it also led to them having worst record in league in 08. If they dont win it this year and trade Bosh for more more pieces it will not be a failure to me as the team went from no playoff series wins since 06 title to 2 straight finals and by trading Bosh would likely have a deeper team contending again next year. If they traded Lebron then yes it would be a failure. He was the one promising mutiple titles not Bosh.. If he fails to win at least 2 with the Heat I will say it is disappointing.. I would be disappointed if Wade was traded as well since this was really about him teaming up with lbj unless wade was traded for someone like D. howard where once again I would view it as gaining assets..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby jtk4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:14 am

the media is a bunch of blowhards. I never understood why we would expect some of these payers that play their ass of and are disappointed/pissed they lost to go over and shake ands and smile with the guys that beat them. I like it better when everyone does not like each other.

They were called the big three going in. Whatever poo poo platter they get after is there because the original plan failed.
Also LBJ, bosh and player x make a better team then lbj, wade and player x. IMO
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports