PATRIOTS 2012 OFFSEASON

Home of Champions

Re: PATRIOTS 2012 OFFSEASON

Postby AY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Hightower will be a 15 year, perennial all-pro who can have his number hanging at Gillette barring injury. He's as close to a sure thing as you'll see. He's also a natural leader and will establish himself as such on the Patriots defense after he gets a few years under his belt. He was one of the main guys who led Bama's summer skels the last couple of years.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Section 40 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am

I loved the Pats moving up to get guys that could seemingly make an impact instead of sitting pat and trading down for value. It was funny seeing a pick made in the 2nd round and ESPN had NO VIDEO on him. Wilson was picked and we were treated to Gruden and Kiper debating the talents back and forth (Kiper bad cop, Gruden the good cop) with nothing show on the screen because they had nothing. Nada. I've never seen that before, especially for someone taken in the 2nd round of the draft.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

The Pats hadn't traded up since 2003, and did it twice Thursday night. I think you can attribute that and all the other rapid-fire trading we saw at least in part to the new CBA.

BTW.....ask some of the old timers if they remember Billy Neighbors. Played on Bear Bryant's first national championship team at Alabama and was an all-pro offensive lineman for the Boston Patriots. He lived here and died today after a heart attack last week.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby B Luc » Mon May 07, 2012 10:02 am

Matt Light retiring. Was this news? I've been a bit preoccupied.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 am

Light being moved to the retired list was known before the draft. He could always opt for a return, especially if someone goes down.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Mon May 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Ok. Like I said, I haven't been paying attention to shit not school related.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:30 pm

It would have been easy to miss as it didn't get as much press as you'd think. The guy was there for 12 years protecting Brady and now that he and Faulk are gone Brady is the last one from the 2001 SB Team.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Previous

Return to Boston Sports