Netflix/PPV/On-Demand/VHS/Beta/Laserdisc/DVD

TV/Movies/Music/Celebs

Re: Netflix/PPV/On-Demand/VHS/Beta/Laserdisc/DVD

Postby DC » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:51 pm

found this great site online you can watch all the current movies out for free.. chinese site I believe.. anyways saw The Artist yesterday and almost turned off half way through.. silent movie thing just doe snot do it for me...
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby mcm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I started to watch Cyrus last night. Couldn't make it more than halfway thru, had to shut it off it was so bad.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby DC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm

I might be alone in this but I am pretty excited to watch the new alternate ending in the 152 min version of The Town coming out tuesday on blu ray.. I believe it screened at the Boston Common the day after the super bowl a few weeks back but most of the city was prob still in a funk.. As much as I enjoyed the original version the unrealistic ending kept me from ranking it above some other boston films.. I wont give spoilers but all reviews I have read say this ending completes the film much better.. I assume RA has already seen it but am interested in his take... I even get a map of chucktown in the new set lol
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Haven't seen it yet but would like to.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Watched "Marley" doc on Amazon Instant. Little long but was great. Learned a ton (white pops, never really made inroads with black American audiences). Great music & footage. Highly recommend, particularly if you're a fan.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed May 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Saw battleship and avengers on z movie ... battleship was god awful .. have feeling it will bomb and added to the disaster of a flop john carter was tim riggins 15 mins might be over.. avengers will be loved by those who liked iron man etc .. i did not so it was ok..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby B Luc » Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 am

That is unfortunate about battleship. When I saw the trailer in the theaters I turned to my accompanying movie goer and said "that is going to be epic. What end it falls on is up in the air."

And how did you not like Iron Man? I thought it was a little slow at first, which is weird because I also felt like the movie was about a 1/2 hour too short.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby DC » Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 pm

not a big super hero movie guy ... love batman but thats about it .. actually enjoyed the old school vibe of capt america..not downey fan .. never even bothered seeing thor or hulk..as you know had high hopes for gi joe #1 but left disappointed.. i guess im one of those elitist fucks who likes nov-dec award films over summer popcorn ..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Tell me you liked "The Dark Knight"? That's hardly a 'comic book movie'.

I didn't even need to see a trailer for Battleship to know it'd suck. I mean, it's a movie based on a 70's Milton Bradley game.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Fri May 04, 2012 7:10 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Tell me you liked "The Dark Knight"? That's hardly a 'comic book movie'.

I didn't even need to see a trailer for Battleship to know it'd suck. I mean, it's a movie based on a 70's Milton Bradley game.

def man... yeah like I said above love batman movies but not much else for super hero stuff...chris nolan hardly if ever misses
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Loved The Avengers. I'm a Downey fan, saw it just for the whole Iron Man part, never saw Capt America, Thor. Saw the Norton Hulk and was disappointed when I heard he wasn't in it(he's one of my fav actors) but I really ended up liking Ruffalo in it.

Waiting to see The Dictator and Ted, both look fuckin hilarious!
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

DC wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:Tell me you liked "The Dark Knight"? That's hardly a 'comic book movie'.

def man... yeah like I said above love batman movies but not much else for super hero stuff...chris nolan hardly if ever misses

Haha, really thought you meant Keaton/Burton version.

I won't watch trailers---love flying blind.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 pm

tballa55 wrote:Loved The Avengers. I'm a Downey fan, saw it just for the whole Iron Man part, never saw Capt America, Thor. Saw the Norton Hulk and was disappointed when I heard he wasn't in it(he's one of my fav actors) but I really ended up liking Ruffalo in it.

Waiting to see The Dictator and Ted, both look fuckin hilarious!

Might do a Thursday matinee. Getting great reviews everywhere.

All set with Ted. Wait and see on Dictator. SBC gave good interview on Stern today.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 am

back in the day forget how old I was I loved the burton version with Jack as the joker too...got kinda silly from there though culminating with arnold as mr freeze.

So after all the hype I saw avengers in the theater yesterday..made a big difference... not meant to be watched on computer screen..very entertaining ... I'm up to a B+/A- on it.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 am

Argo and Gangster Squad are two films I will be looking forward to during second half of year:

gangster squad

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90047

Argo

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89979
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment