Baseball 2012

Self proclaimed Fantasy Guru's that lurk these boards post in here....

Re: Baseball 2012

Postby AY » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm

mcm wrote:Was offered adrian for votto straight up...thoughts?

It's a keeper, votto is like 1.5 yrs younger

Toss up really. I don't even know why that was offered. I hate those kind of trade offers.

Obviously the person likes Adrian better than Votto, so maybe consider countering with an additional player from each side and see if you can slide through an upgrade somehow.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby mcm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 pm

He knows that I am a sox fan. I would be getting adrian
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby AY » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33 pm

mcm wrote:He knows that I am a sox fan. I would be getting adrian

Yeah, I meant to say he liked Votto better. I still think values Votto more than Adrian so I'd try to profit from it.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby mcm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

I pulled the trigger. Adrian seems like such a lock for good numbers, although Votto is pretty damn safe too. AGon could possibly get extra ABs as a DH once Papi is out of town.
mcm
Title Town

Postby AY » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

my main league drafted last night. I feel pretty good. Jennings, Freeman, Wainwright, Strasburg were my keepers.

C - Russell Martin
1b - Prince Fielder
2b - Dan Uggla
SS - Jimmy Rollins
3b - Michael Young
IF - Freddie Freeman
lf - Desmond Jennings
cf - Drew Stubbs
rf - Carlos Beltran
of - Brennan Boesch
util - Jesus Montero(just need him to start 5 games behind the plate and I can move him to c)
bench - Lorenzo Cain

SP - Verlander, Wainwright, Strasburg, D. Hudson, Minor, A. Sanchez, Edwin Jackson, Zambrano
RP - Nathan, Guerra, Thornton

Also drafted Roy Oswalt in the 20th round. Could be a nice mid-season addition and if he returns full time next year, the cheapest keeper we have with our system.
AY

Postby mcm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am

where is Hosmer going in your drafts? I took him 45th overall last night. Already had Votto, but can play Hosmer at UTIL.

First 2 picks were keepers (Cano and Votto)

then with the 5th pick I got Beltre (25), Weaver (36), Hosmer (45), Haren (56) , Bourn (65), Rollins (76), Berkman (85), Wieters (96)

10 teamer
mcm
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 pm

mcm wrote:where is Hosmer going in your drafts? I took him 45th overall last night. Already had Votto, but can play Hosmer at UTIL.

First 2 picks were keepers (Cano and Votto)

then with the 5th pick I got Beltre (25), Weaver (36), Hosmer (45), Haren (56) , Bourn (65), Rollins (76), Berkman (85), Wieters (96)

10 teamer

He was kept in my main league and drafted in the 9th in my public league I joined. I might have drafted him, but I had planned on getting Freeman later and if that fell through, grabbing Morales much later so I went with other needs instead of picking him. I ended up landing Freeman in the 12th so I'm happy.

I keep seeing Berkman going much higher in both my leagues and in mocks. Impressed you got him at 85 overall.
AY

Postby mcm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am

Got off to a nice start on OD with Halladay and Paps.

Then had Aaron Crow, Beckett, Buchholz, Bumgarner, and Scherzer take the mound. I think my ERA is over 10 right now.

And why I had Aaron Crow in my mine-up I have no idea. Grasping at straws for saves, I guess
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I was offered Bruce for Beachy straight up in a pts league. OF is Bautista-J-Upton (my first 2 picks)-BJ Upton/Matt Joyce (while BJ was on DL). We only start 3 OF and one Util which I have filled already. I am ok with BJ as my #3 but Bruce is a sexy player. 10 team league. WWYD?
mcm
Title Town

Postby AY » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Stick with Beachy. I think he may falter some in the 2nd half(maybe), but his value will go way up between now and then. Plus, I'm just not a huge Jay Bruce guy. Don't know why, but I'm not. In a 10 team league, I think there will be viable options on the waiver wire at some point.
AY

Postby mcm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Jay Bruce since I declined this offer

Thanks AY!
mcm
Title Town

Postby AY » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey what do I know? I'm only leading one league(the annual, uber-competitive league) and in 2nd in another. Can't get 'em all right :P
AY

Postby AY » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 pm

So.......in my main league, I led from week 2 through week 10. I was passed in week 11 by another squad, which was important because that is our midway point and there is a $50 prize for leading at that point. I lost 10-0-2 to the last place team that week. Took the lead back in week 13 and going into this last week I was up by .5 games by the guy who passed me at midway. I tied my week 22 matchup 6-6, and I had to come back to do that. 2nd place tied his matchup 6-6, so I won the regular season title by that half game. I thought that guy was going to step up and take both "money" weeks from me, but I held on. AY: +$250

Now to the playoffs with more $$ on the line, but I've already won the big money prize so I'm happy.

Finished 2nd in my other league. No money in that one. All in all, a pretty good year to this point.

I like stories
AY

Postby mcm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38 am

9th out of 10 in my rotisserie keeper. My 6 keepers in that one were AGon, Ellsbury, Pedroia, J Upton, Longoria and Halladay. All top 25 rated players going into the season. Didn't work out so well.

In my other 2 H2H leagues I'm in the playoffs. Had Jarrod Parker going last night on both teams so thats a good start. If I can make the finals in either of them I should atleast break even for the year.
mcm
Title Town

Previous

Return to Fantasy Sports