Chains

Suggestions on where to eat!

Re: Chains

Postby AY » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Gross.

Instead, we'll hit up Santa Fe Cattle Co.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby AY » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:18 pm

On vacation this week, so met a friend for lunch at the Mellow Mushroom. I'm normally a thin crust guy, but I really like their pizza. I got their version of a meat lovers and enjoyed a couple of Andygators from the tap. Not a bad lunch until I get the bill and realize I spent thirty bucks(including tip) on lunch.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby lugnutz » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

I have no ideas what any of that is. haha
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby AY » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Mellow Mushroom = pizza and hoagie joint.

I just checked out of curiosity. I assumed they were much bigger than they actually are, but they have locations only in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Arkansas, Colorado and D.C.

Andygator = beer. 8% abv. 2 glasses on an empty stomach at 11:30am while waiting on my pizza and suddenly I felt pretty good.
AY

Postby DC » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:09 pm

AY wrote:Mellow Mushroom = pizza and hoagie joint.

I just checked out of curiosity. I assumed they were much bigger than they actually are, but they have locations only in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Arkansas, Colorado and D.C.

Andygator = beer. 8% abv. 2 glasses on an empty stomach at 11:30am while waiting on my pizza and suddenly I felt pretty good.

fucking love andygator!!!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

It is my favorite. It is illegal here by the bottle due to it only being sold in larger bottles. I can get it draft at a few places around town and I can even buy my own keg from this place close to my house, but I can't buy it in the bottle.

The place that I can get the keg from carries Sam Adams Double Bock, which is a similar beer, so I normally just get that. That and the Andygator are perfect sipping beers. I like to be able to catch a buzz without having to tear through a six pack and into another. Who wants to drink that much of anything?
AY

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Amen, AY. Older I get, last I wanna do is pound a 12 pack. That's why red vino is good.

Beer laws like that are fucking stupid. You can just get blackout drunk on liquor.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

My wife drinks wine but I just don't care for it. The only stuff I can stomach is the sweeter stuff, but then it just gives me a stomach ache and I feel none of the good effects.

We've only been able to get the high gravity beer for a couple of years. We have an organization down here called Free The Hops that was pushing legislation each year to get the good stuff legalized, but it would never make it to a vote during the session until recently. Getting rid of the container size law is the next step.

Here is a clip of one of our esteemed law makers during one of the debates to give the gourmet bill law a chance at a vote in the legislature from a few years ago. They say the "Free the Hops" crew was from Germany because there is a Mercedes plant between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham with several German nationals employed there. Actually, Free the Hops was a cross-section of people from all across the state. This clip is a must listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoTJzh13n8&feature=player_embedded
AY

Postby DC » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:43 pm

5 napkin burger at the PRU??? small chain with NYC, SOBE, ATL outposts..anyone been to Boston branch?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

SOBE?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 pm

South Beach?

Hit up Carrabba's the other night. 4 out of 10 at best.
AY

Postby DC » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 pm

rearadmiral wrote:SOBE?

south beach ..

really liked 5 napkin ..they have great beer selections.. blew away shake shack, bobby flays burger spot, and bills burger in nyc.. still ray hells burger is my tops ..

got the 5 napkin which has gruyere cheese, carmelized onions, and some rosemary aioli was awesome.. great bun buttered and felt like freshly baked.. got the tuscan fries which mean parmesean and rosemary tosse don them and a salted caramal shake.. ...
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:22 pm

RA,

I will be on C -town sunday .. check your pm
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 am

Just got it. Wish I saw it sooner but this spot is lame so I don't check in daily anymore.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 am

2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurant Reviews