College Football 2011

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Football 2011

Postby AY » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm

tOSU better be lucky the key witness doesn't have a death wish.

Basically, what we've learned with tOSU, Auburn and a couple of others is stonewall, line and be generally uncooperative with the NCAA and you'll be fine.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:09 am

Gene Smith had been telling Board of Trustees that bowl ban was not on the table. That's where confidence on tOSU side came from....Gene should be relieved of his duties soon.

Oh and if you think this will hurt Urban in recruiting that's just wishful thinking.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:59 am

I'm not really worried about UM recruiting.. he can have or split most of the top midwest players with hoke.. Unless he consistently gets players out of the south St. Nick and the mad hatter will have their way with tosu .. Saban closing wiht a class that might be better then 08 or 09 .
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:30 am

I would look for Urban to take tOSU to more of a national recruiting level especially down in FL. He took tOSU from a borderline top 20 class to top 10 in about 2 weeks. Give him a whole year and his full staff and tOSU will be in the top 5 recruiting year in and year out.

Hoke and Urban "splitting" recruits is laughable. See Brionte Dunn's recruitment.

P.S. what is the latest on DGB and Gunner?

Double P.S. remember when i was mocked for saying the buzz is Muschamp is in over his head down in Florida, i know its early but the cupboard wasn't exactly empty especially on the DL.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:39 am

Gunner.......who knows. Notre Dame and Vanderbilt seem to lead. LSU might be a dark horse. He would commit to Bama in a minute but he won't have a commitable offer again from them unless they know for sure Winston isn't coming to Bama. Oh, and don't laugh about Vandy......his dad wants him to play somewhere that his trucking company goes through, and that's partly why they like Vandy and Bama.

DGB.....Missouri or Arkansas would be my guess.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby AY » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Gunner to LSU
AY

Postby AY » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Sick job by the Big Ten today. Why they are still an AQ conference is beyond me.

Nebraska can't beat a team that Auburn beat, and they're minus their stud RB.
Penn State loses to the CUSA runner up.
Ohio State can't beat the worst Florida team since the Galen Hall years, and that's including the Zook years.
Michigan State needed 3 OT's to do what Boise could do convincingly in regulation.

And all kidding aside, I'm REALLY hoping Wiscy can take care of the Ducks. I can't stand Oregon.
AY

Postby AY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 am

BTW......tOSU is now 0-10 versus SEC teams in bowl games, plus a vacated win for using illegal players. I.E. - 0-11
AY

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

could pretty much care less about the whole big ten performance thing. I was rooting hard against Wisky last year and this year. I hate BB. To say the Big Ten doesn't deserve AQ status is either extremely ignorant, or you just trying to rattle the cage. Same thing with the SEC vs tOSU statement. I like how the south is all in on this conference SEC thing, like it will give them a redo on the Civil War.

Oh and that was the worst tOSU team of the last 20 years, brutal special teams.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Re:

Postby DC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 pm

UconnBuckeye wrote:could pretty much care less about the whole big ten performance thing. I was rooting hard against Wisky last year and this year. I hate BB. To say the Big Ten doesn't deserve AQ status is either extremely ignorant, or you just trying to rattle the cage. Same thing with the SEC vs tOSU statement. I like how the south is all in on this conference SEC thing, like it will give them a redo on the Civil War.

Oh and that was the worst tOSU team of the last 20 years, brutal special teams.

if jim delaney was not so damn arrogant I would not care about big ten performance issue either but I very much enjoy him presiding over a second rate football conference. The AQ must be AY egging you on as big ten is far superior to the acc and big easts of world.. However I DO feel the tosu 0-11 or 0-10 with forfeit is a great stat. Ohio St is the pride of the big 10 along with michigan and FACT record is SO POOR vs a conference is telling. These were not all title games they lost so they did not play all powerhouses.. Top Ohio St, mid ohio st and down ohio st ALL fall to the sec..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:10 pm

I love watching the Big Ten fail because i think Delaney is a cocksucker. So there.
AY

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Speaking of Delaney, the PAC-10 deal is genius. I don't think the Big Ten is done expandinding. I think he's waiting to land the big fish.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Btw, do you think Delaney had a good laugh when Slive picked up the girl he called ugly.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Who cares. Delaney needs glasses. Mizzou was a nice pick up for any conference. People do care about Missouri football there. Cards/Blues/Rams rule, but it isn't like Missouri athletics is non existent. The Big Ten whiffed there.
AY

Postby AY » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 pm

All that Big Ten/Pac 12 deal does is make it harder for one of their teams to play in the NC game.
AY

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports