Red Sox Offseason Blueprint - 2011 version

Home of Champions

Re: Red Sox Offseason Blueprint - 2011 version

Postby InternetCowboy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:06 pm

And by all means, flame away at my post.
"That just happened!!!"
InternetCowboy
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Section 40 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Francona was the ultimate players manager, he never ever threw anyone under the bus (as opposed to say Ozzie Guillen) and the "Leaders" of that team completely shit all over him. They need an ass kicker for a manager but I'm not sure how that would work with this overpaid bunch of stiffs soooo.... as you said earlier, a big cleanup is needed.
Where do you start? The "Leaders" of course. Papi? gone. Captain Tek? Gone, Wakefield? Gone. If Beckett led the charge then you cut the head off the dragon... so see ya Josh, and that fat fucking curmudgeon Youk. They need a few MIllar/Mueller/Damon types on this team and if anyone has earned anything on this team its Papelbon. Resign him, he at least seems to care.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

InternetCowboy wrote:Here's a rant I just sent to my buddies this morning after reading that Boston.com article...

You guys read the Boston.com article about Sox today? That is some BS about Tito's personal life stuff being revealed. 100% guarantee you that Henry/Luch is the one that gave them that stuff. Unreal how quickly the theives of the night start stabbing people in the back. And how about Lester getting lumped in with Beckett/Lackey being complete bums in the clubhouse.

If i'm new GM, I call Pedroia up to my office and ask him what the deal was last year. Who he would want to keep on the team, and who he'd like to see leave and then I'd give him the "C". I'd then start wheeling and dealing like it was nobody's business...

Gone

Ortiz - Gone (sorry, but that RBI nonsense sealed the deal...and where was he to step up and rally the troops that last month - this isn't the Ortiz we've grown to love)
Wake - Guy should be put down out back behind the woodshed
Tek - Unless he somehow manages to turn his throwing arm into a year 2086 cyborg S3000 I'm done with him and his "go ahead and steal 2nd and I'll throw it, by the time it arrives you could have run home" routine
Drew - He doesn't care, I don't care, 'nuff said!
Youk - By all accounts he is the biggest piece of shyt in that clubhouse that nobody likes. Besides, the last 2 years he's been starring in Grey's Anatomy with the amount of DL stints. Not to mention he was the ONLY one to openly criticize Ellsbury last year.
Lackey - If Theo wants to take that Cubs job, this bum MUST GO WITH HIM...no questions asked! Not only is he the cancer for the other pitchers, the guy is the biggest scumbag with what he did to his wife!

Keepers

Pedroia - He gets the "C", no questions asked.
Ellsbury - It will be interesting to see if he stays with the Sox after reading that article. He doesn't trust anyone in that clubhouse not named Lowrie, especially after how he was treated last year with the rib injury.
AGon - Too early to tell who he is, and what he brings to the table off the field. So far though with his jesus schtick, he isn't winning many over.
Paps - He might be a prick, but at least he shows that he cares. His passion is right up there with Pedroia, and his stats are pretty damn good (6 years of 30+ saves) even though he's choked (Tito can take some blame for this though IMO).
CC - Again, too early to tell with him. None of us like the contract, but he needs another season to prove everyone wrong.

Guys to keep a watchful eye on

Beckett - If he acts like he did this year in 2012, he's done. I'd cut him so fast and not think twice about it. This guy has a shyt load of talent, but seems like he'd rather be drinking beer and getting fat than winning.
Lester - See Lackey/Beckett. I think this is the most surprising thing to come out of all of this. No one thought he was part of the shyt that was going on in clubhouse...but he is, so now we put him on short leash. Produce or your gone, simple as that.
Buch - Again, the stories coming out are saying Buch joined the trio of beer drinkers and chicken dinner/video game dorks in the clubhouse.

agree with you 100%
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Eddie Romero » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Felger going after Watney right now on The Sports Hub. and she's stupid enough to reply back on twitter.
Eddie Romero
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Henry on 98.5 right now. Great radio.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby InternetCowboy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:16 pm

That back and forth about Beckett was classic, Henry sounded like a moron trying to defend him. And the apple/nuts analogy was pretty funny.

I'd love it if these guys told him, the only way the Cubs get Theo is if they take Lackey off your hands. I'd love to hear that response.
"That just happened!!!"
InternetCowboy
Professional Bike Rider

Postby lugnutz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 pm

The Boston Red Sox have reportedly targeted outfielder Carlos Beltran, according to Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm

lugnutz wrote:The Boston Red Sox have reportedly targeted outfielder Carlos Beltran, according to Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman.

So Theo is still making all the calls?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Dr. Beeper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Paps off to Philly.. there is a lot, a lot of culture there

bring on the Heath Bell era
Look Kids Big Bang Clock.. Parliament
Dr. Beeper
Serious Stoolie

Postby BS1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 am

Dr. Beeper wrote:Paps off to Philly.. there is a lot, a lot of culture there

this made me LOL
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Section 40 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Personally I am going to miss Papelbon. He cared, was good and I don't understand the Red Sox reluctance to pay a guy that has proven he can play here, have success and win. They threw boat loads of money at that fat miserable prick Lackey yet played hard ball with Papelbon. They didn't like the idiot mentality? Who do they replace him with? Bard?
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:48 am

Guy was huge in title-winning year. Thanks Paps, good luck.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Add find new hot blonde reporter to the to do list
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Section 40 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Kathryn Tappen, now Heidi. Are they going to replace her with fucking Dale too?
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Section 40 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm

The buffoonery continues with the apparent hiring of Bobby V. Not a fan. Not a good off season thus far.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to Boston Sports