College Football 2011

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Football 2011

Postby UconnBuckeye » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:09 pm

DC wrote:
UconnBuckeye wrote:
DC wrote:ohio st. figures this would be quiet time to announce another serious charge and penalty

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stor ... -ncaa.html

coach urban meyer would be smart to avoid both these troubled programs..

yeah losing a grand total of five scholarships is real trouble. :roll:

I highly doubt they even get a bowl ban. Only thing this puts in serious doubt is my guess on the date of when UM becomes head coach.

i recall you being all excited there was no failure to monitor ala usc earlier on.. well now there is .. the 5 scholarship reduction is what gee is doing to be pro active they could ask for more..

that was before the stuff came out about the booster paying the guys extra at a charity event.

If Urban decides that he likes the ESPN life too much, then Bo Pelini gets the call from his dream job.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby AY » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 am

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby tballa55 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Section 40 would you like to defend these cops?

In the e-mail dated Nov. 8 from McQueary's Penn State account, the former Nittany Lions quarterback wrote: "I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police....no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me."
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Section 40 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Anybody who knows about children being raped, and by doing nothing about it allows children to continue to be raped is undefendable.
The entire cast of this fiasco should be lined up and shot.
For the 2nd or 3rd time we're on the same page on this one TBalla
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:11 pm

I know sect 40, but i like throwing shots at you when i can lol...and i'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 pm

So the so-called genius who was lucky enough to ride Tebow's coattails to greatness but thought John Brantley would be better than Cam Newton to run his offense is now taking over in C-Bus.

tOSU fans will love this, but I predict Michigan will dominate the rivalry over the next few years.
AY

Postby DC » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:32 pm

well last 2 nights are what makes college football great! its an sec west world folks ... im hoping lsu and bama take care of business next week and ali frasier 2 is confirmed..

also these reports about UM to ohio st with speilman and herbie joining staff would def be interesting .. but thats all for next year as Ohio st is looking like a 6-6 team right now .. I hope UM goe sthere because then ohio st-mich game can really be back
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby UconnBuckeye » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:37 pm

hahah AY you are funny,

Urban Meyer won two titles in 5 years. The guy can flat out coach, he was the best in CFB before he left. The cupboard ain't exactly empty this tOSU team is just really young outside of OL.

now to address people who operate in the real world. DC I am not thrilled or sold on Herbie and Spiels as the coaches. I am hoping they keep Vrabel on staff.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Mr. X » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 am

I'm not a Boise St. advocate and I'm not saying they would have gotten there, but they really have to be kicking themselves for losing to TCU. The dominoes all fell into place for them to have a shot at the title game if they stayed undefeated. It would have been fascinating to see the polls and hear the arguments about undefeated Boise vs. one loss Alabama for that number 2 spot. Also and plus, here's what a 16 team playoff would look like using the most recent BCS standings:

#1 LSU vs. #16 Wisconsin
#8 Houston vs. #9 Oklahoma
#4 Oklahoma St. vs. #13 Georgia
#5 Virginia Tech vs. #12 South Carolina

#2 Alabama vs. #15 Michigan
#7 Boise St. vs. #10 Oregon
#3 Arkansas vs. #14 Michigan St.
#6 Stanford vs. #11 Kansas St.

Play the first two rounds at the home fields of the higher seeds, rotate the semi's and title game amongst the current BCS bowl sites, with the semi's played during the week following New Year's and the title game on the Saturday before the NFL conference title games.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:07 am

no need to ever go past 8 for a playoff in my opinion ... no one after houston on that list really deserves a shot anyway besides maybe oregon .. yeah boise is def kicking self over that loss.. LSU would wipe the floor with boise though.. i get a kick out of these people who say that lsu and bama offense sucks.. they both average over 35 a game it was only against each other they could not score...
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 pm

rtr
AY

Postby Mr. X » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm praying LSU loses. I would love to see the ensuing chaos.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Urban has already poached three people off the Florida staff and it looks like Mike Stoops is the next DC.

Many feel he targets the OL coach at LSU for OC next option is Chad Morris.

this is gonna be fun.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

Mr. X wrote:I'm praying LSU loses. I would love to see the ensuing chaos.

It will still be Bama/LSU.

Am I the only one who cannot buy into the Mullen to PSU talk?
AY

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports