Pats Off-season

Home of Champions

Re: Pats Off-season

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:Anyone been down to Foxboro for camp? Is it worthwhile or is it just a place to take kids to try to get autographs?

My uncle who is probably biggest Pats fan I know tells me it's a good take. He takes his grandson to fetch autographs (and my aunt inexplicably had Matt Cassell sign a TB SI cover---he even said, "you sure?"). But said the Pats do a great job to make it fan friendly. And if you're there for the football/Xs & Os, you can see the team working on shit, who's out when and w/who, all that stuff, you get your fix.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm sorry but this guy is such a douche even as a patriot i couldnt root for him..

It's always something with Braylon Edwards. Now his friends (and maybe Edwards) were involved in an incident in a Detroit-area bar Sunday night in which a man took 14 stitches after being cut with a knife. Edwards sent out a couple of my-dog-ate-my-homework tweets about his phone being stolen and someone sending out false tweets under his name about fighting. This comes after he pleaded guilty to a September DWI 11 days ago. I could see a team like the Patriots waiting until Edwards' value is at rock bottom -- one year, $1.5 million -- and swoop in to get a player motivated to have a great year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1Tv4IJTwO
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 pm

maybe the guy wouldn't let Edwards blow him.

a drunk/punk/gay/liar wr that can't catch = pass
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby AY » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:Anyone been down to Foxboro for camp? Is it worthwhile or is it just a place to take kids to try to get autographs?

I've obviously never been to Patriots' camp, but I used to head up to Titans camp and it is indeed pretty cool if you are more than just a casual fan of football. They would make two or three players available for autographs afterwards, but I'd never hang around for that. They have three fields and it was money when they'd be on the field closest to the VIP tent area(look at me!)

I once made the two hour drive and the subsequent 10 minute walk in 100 degree heat to have just enough time to pop open the first beer, be in mid chew of the first sandwich, only to have a storm pop up and the lightning run practice inside. I wasn't that "VIP" so we just turned back around and headed home.

I like stories
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby tballa55 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:25 pm

raheem brock working out tomorrow
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 pm

2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby 5TOOLER » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 pm

andre carter joins shaun ellis.

...undefeated
Us Kids Know.
5TOOLER
Fraud Central

Postby lugnutz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:03 am

Seriously this is all coming together better than nicely. Find the whole in this team haters.

Rex's comments entertained me.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 am

lugnutz wrote: Find the whole in this team haters.

:?: :?:
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby lugnutz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 am

Hole would have worked as well, but the whole had a W in it and we should get used to seeing those from this team. :lol:
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby DC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 am

interesting lil tidbit from PK in MMQB today:

Off the field: Still a tough time for owner Robert Kraft, mourning the death of his wife, Myra. But he got a boost when, sitting shiva several days after her death (shiva is the Jewish mourning period when friends and family come the home of the survivors and share fellowship), he looked up and who walks through the door? Randy Moss. He flew up from Florida for one reason: to tell Kraft how highly he regarded Myra Kraft.

"Randy is a good friend of mine,'' said Wilfork. "He called me and said, 'Vince, I'm nervous about coming up. But I want to come. I shared a bond with her. I really want to be there.' Guys who don't know Randy, they'll say he's arrogant. But if he could have retired here, he would have. He came here for one reason and one reason only: He wanted to support the Kraft family.''

When Moss signed with the Patriots, Kraft brought him into his office and told him if he played for the Patriots, he'd always be in the Patriot family. So when he opened Moss' sympathy card, he knew Moss remembered the family speech. Moss signed his sympathy card: "Randy Moss Kraft.''

One other note: Kraft does not wear rings or most other jewelry -- except for one thing. He wears a silver circular pendant with a photo of he and his wife on their wedding day and the words "Cherish Love'' engraved on the back. It was a gift from the Wilforks when they learned Myra Kraft had cancer.

"Mr. Kraft always liked it,'' said Bianca Wilfork. "When he told us Myra was sick last year, we called our jeweler and had it made. It had a lot of significance, because he always told us, 'Always keep what's important close to you.' You can have a million dollars, but if you don't have love, you're broke.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1URaDeyH5
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby lugnutz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 am

We always give credit to Bill & Brady....but true fans know if not for the Krafts we would have watched .500 Patriot teams for many of the last 15 or so years.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm

The Patriots continue to add veteran defensive linemen at a ridiculous rate. The team announced the re-signing of Gerard Warren
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Randy's next step will be to get on his knees and beg to play at the minumum
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby AY » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 pm

5TOOLER wrote:kevin faulk is really going to see the writing on the wall when the Pats sign ricky williams next tuesday.

orrrrrr not
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

PreviousNext

Return to Boston Sports