weights/abs

lost 12 lbs and gained some muscle

keeps ur heart rate up the whole workout and you sweat like a MFer

just my 2 cents
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Re: Fitness

Postby B Luc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Jackie Treehorn wrote:You might have better luck with a Paleo type diet. I'll let you do your own research, but I half-assed it (just cut down on flour/sugar, ate more fatty red meat) and lost about 10 lbs of fat in a month while improving my strength. I've plateaued a bit since then but I haven't been putting in a ton of effort. If you were really motivated to adhere strictly to it (completely cut out sugar/flour, not drink beer, etc) you would probably have even better results. This website does a decent job of explaining the basic steps: http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks for the heads up I'll do some reading. I've heard of some mediterranean diets that supposedly work.

Also, not drinking beer is out of t he question for me, and I don't completely cut out anything but my sugar intake is severely scaled back. My morning mocha iced latte only get 1 pump of mocha, as opposed to the 5-6 they used to put in (not sure why they did that, though), and that's pretty much my non natural sugar intake for the day.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:For the last month I have been doing a new workout

15 min cardio
then 15 min weights
15 min cardio
weights
15 min cardio
weights/abs

just my 2 cents

There are a few things I know well, and getting in a good workout where you leave disgusted with the smell of your own man junk is 1 of them. But I can't break it up like that because of the way I lift (muscle confusion). I do book-end my workouts w/ cardio (the back end being HIIT). Also, I've cut my rest periods to a max 40 count, but usually 30.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 pm

B Luc wrote:
Jackie Treehorn wrote:You might have better luck with a Paleo type diet. I'll let you do your own research, but I half-assed it (just cut down on flour/sugar, ate more fatty red meat) and lost about 10 lbs of fat in a month while improving my strength. I've plateaued a bit since then but I haven't been putting in a ton of effort. If you were really motivated to adhere strictly to it (completely cut out sugar/flour, not drink beer, etc) you would probably have even better results. This website does a decent job of explaining the basic steps: http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks for the heads up I'll do some reading. I've heard of some mediterranean diets that supposedly work.

Also, not drinking beer is out of t he question for me, and I don't completely cut out anything but my sugar intake is severely scaled back. My morning mocha iced latte only get 1 pump of mocha, as opposed to the 5-6 they used to put in (not sure why they did that, though), and that's pretty much my non natural sugar intake for the day.

It will probably take you a couple weeks of "carb flu" to adjust to not eating sugar. From what you wrote before it sounds like you just aren't eating enough food for your level of exercise. Also be careful of "natural" sugars - things like apples and carrots that are supposed to be healthy are loaded with fructose. Obviously it's not as bad as granulated sugar but if you're cutting down on sugar, those don't help much.
"I bet Joe Buck peed the bed til he was 15." - Matt Stone
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lugnutz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Just ordered a large blizzard with hot fudge and peanuts.....just saying! :lol:
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:For the last month I have been doing a new workout

15 min cardio
then 15 min weights
15 min cardio
weights
15 min cardio
weights/abs

just my 2 cents

I'd kind of like to get into Crossfit because it seems to be pretty effective, but everyone I've met who is into it is a complete fucking tool, and I don't know if I could stand going to a Crossfit gym and being surrounded by those people every day.
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 pm

lugnutz wrote:Just ordered a large blizzard with hot fudge and peanuts.....just saying! :lol:

Legit laughed at this.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Jackie Treehorn wrote:It will probably take you a couple weeks of "carb flu" to adjust to not eating sugar. From what you wrote before it sounds like you just aren't eating enough food for your level of exercise. Also be careful of "natural" sugars - things like apples and carrots that are supposed to be healthy are loaded with fructose. Obviously it's not as bad as granulated sugar but if you're cutting down on sugar, those don't help much.

The changing of the eating is more habitual than anything else for me. I don't have an addiction for any one type of food (but chinese is the shit).

I use shredded carrots in my salad, but not a lot. Mainly for color. And no chance I'm giving up fruit. Regardless of the natural sugar in it.

BTW, if you're still in NeBo there's some bootcamp thing that runs through the neighborhood. Decent looking broads in the group, too.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby JohnCreese » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:44 pm

What about nuts? Eat a 100 calorie pack of almonds 30 min before you work out, the raw ones, not the ones cooked in oil.
JohnCreese
Professional Bike Rider

Postby MCA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 pm

This thread is awesome.

I haven't seen treehorn in a while but he wouldn't be at the top of my list for fitness tips from the last time I did. Helluva handsome guy, but not quite the adonis I'd need lessons from.

Slick, pretty much the same story. More weight gain than most from one mmp to the following mmp.

Lugz is the only one speaking who seems like an expert on his gluttonous ways.

and spare me w/ the "you're a fat jew" talk. I don't give people diet tips for a reason.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby BS1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:59 am

wtf does "mmp" mean

and just because some of us get a little bigger when we are in our mid 30's doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about.....we just dont "practice what we preach"

kinda like you giving me golf lessons
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby MCA » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am

March Madness Party.

And lol at "practicing what we preach."

Yes, it is a lot like me giving anybody golf tips. Which I don't, and wouldn't do.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby BS1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 am

ahhhh gotcha

and speaking of fitness.....I had someone try and tell me how to swim laps properly yesterday, kinda wierd
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby B Luc » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 am

Who's an anti-semite

ANd giving tips on swimming laps is only weird if A) you can't swim or B) that person never swam competitively.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 am

MCA wrote:This thread is awesome.

I haven't seen treehorn in a while but he wouldn't be at the top of my list for fitness tips from the last time I did. Helluva handsome guy, but not quite the adonis I'd need lessons from.

Ha ha ha, that's exactly why I can give diet advice, I was fat and I lost weight - which is exactly what Bluc is trying to do.
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to Misc