Shit on Sports Media Here...

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: Shit on Sports Media Here...

Postby UconnBuckeye » Sun May 22, 2011 9:26 am

rearadmiral wrote:This Beadle/Andrews thing is good shit.

I always thought Beadle was just an annoying big-mouth. She's only known because of that awful SportsNation show. Still though, not tough on the eyes.

Saw Beadle out at a bar in West Hartford during NBA Finals last year. She's even hotter in person.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sun May 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Doesn't sound like EA ever did anything to MB. And she sounded less-than-sympathetic to her re: the peep video. Bitches be catty.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Sun May 22, 2011 1:12 pm

UconnBuckeye wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:This Beadle/Andrews thing is good shit.

I always thought Beadle was just an annoying big-mouth. She's only known because of that awful SportsNation show. Still though, not tough on the eyes.

Saw Beadle out at a bar in West Hartford during NBA Finals last year. She's even hotter in person.

bricco?
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby K-G » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am

Has Peter King never rented a car before?? What an idiotic rant.

But the Lars Anderson story he linked to is definitely worth a read.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby vtexposfan » Mon May 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Cool of King to give Bukowski's a shoutout.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby rearadmiral » Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Did he ever say why he moved up here? Just a change of scenery? Don't see too many middle-aged sportswriters drop anchor here.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Tue May 24, 2011 7:43 am

Rear his daughters are all older now and he's always loved Boston. Being able to get to NYC for NFL stuff quickly was a plus. He just wanted to downsize and move to a small city and frankly every time he came up here in MMQB he would completely gush over the South End.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby JJ » Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Specifically for RA (yeah, I was listening and LOL):

JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby B Luc » Tue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

1. DAMN them some big ol tittays...and a meaty box.

2. What's the reference?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm

I dropped her name when I called Felger earlier to call him out on flip-flopping (told him he "took on more positions than Christy Canyon") and he didn't know who she was.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Wed May 25, 2011 2:36 am

hahahah, nice. Felger is ridiculous, but he has to know something or he wouldn't have his job.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 am

From Peter King...

[i]What hockey can teach us.

I attended Friday night's Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final between Tampa Bay and Boston, won 1-0 by the Bruins.

A few observations:
1. Not since the U.S.-England World Cup match last June in South Africa (and rarely if ever before that) had I heard as much noise 20 minutes before the game, with no one on the field/ice. I kept looking around the arena at about 7:50 p.m., wondering if there was a reason for all the noise. But there wasn't. The crowd, anxious for the Bruins to make the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1990, was just jacked. I mean, it was noisier before this game than it was for the first game of the 2004 World Series between the Cards and Red Sox at Fenway. Easy.
2. No penalties for 60 minutes. Loved it. And you know what? It's arguable there actually were no infractions. A great, clean, hard-hitting contest between two teams that desperately wanted to win. Hockey just seems more important deep down to the players; it's hard to describe. I'm just telling you how it seems.
3. The traditions. Terrific. NFL teams absolutely, positively should line up and shake hands after playoff games. I waited around to see it, and to see the emotion on each side, and the genuine congratulations between winner and loser ... it's what sports should be. It honors the game. And Boston winning the conference championship cup and not touching it -- the superstition is if you touch that chalice, you won't be really hungry to work for the Stanley Cup. Silly, of course, but everyone around me was waiting to see if any Bruin touched the thing, and when they didn't, the real fans were thrilled. When it was over, and I took the T home (the Boston subway), you got the feel of a crowd that was hungry, but not rudely so. "We want the Cup! We want the Cup!'' was the chant. Just a tremendous event, and I'm glad I was able to be there as a fan.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1NobKkwjm
[/i]
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Tue May 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Watching media day on NHL. Kills me to see some of these Boston reporters who know dick about hockey getting a free ride to the SCF.

This girl's a good Sox reporter and all but this tweet kinda sums it up:

http://twitter.com/#!/AmalieBenjamin/st ... 8873218049

I can't afford 3 trips to VAN on my own dime (hotel/airfare, which is close to a dime). But if Bs have potential G5 clinch (a unlikely possibility), then it's a go. If it goes 7, I'll be there. But I have it ending a week from Monday at the Garden (and me drinking from Cup again).
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Bud » Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 pm

sucks for you RA not being able to go after i just saw some goon kid wearing a Hartford Whalers cap (straight brim) ask Claude and Chiarelli questions about Seguin.
RUN T-M-C 4 LIFE!
Bud
Serious Stoolie

Postby KW » Tue May 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Couldn't convince El Pres to let you go research Barstool Vancouver? What's he spending Jenna's salary on now?
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports