Re: Irony

Postby lugnutz » Sat May 14, 2011 3:14 pm

2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Sat May 14, 2011 3:15 pm

joey_zaza wrote:that picture still makes me puke

It was taken right after he fisted that horse!
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

X, I believe the Sox just didn't want him anymore...don't remember it being particularly ugly.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby BS1 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 pm

wtf is going on in here. Someone is sniffing too many lawn chemicals
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby One Up in Peabody » Sun May 15, 2011 8:39 am

mercy
"You could shit your pants and probably still bag something out of there" - BLuc describing Blush in Vegas
One Up in Peabody
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby JJ » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

DC wrote:Where is RA when we need him ?

Bump
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby MCA » Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 pm

BS1 wrote:wtf is going on in here. Someone is sniffing too many lawn chemicals

You followed this situation from a million miles away, did you?

Please.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 am

JJ wrote:
DC wrote:Where is RA when we need him ?

Bump

Vegas. Home now but still on Vegas time, hence the late trolling.

I gave my thoughts on the topic immediately (" Alanis Morissette >>>>>>>>> MCA"). Frankly, I'm a bit surprised this many people took the bait. But since you asked...

Surprised nobody called him out on this bullshit: Bourque "shot his way out of town, demanded a trade".

Sure, he shot his way out of town and demanded a trade...

That's pure bullshit.

They were in the ass-end of another season with no playoffs (IIRC, he was traded after Bs were eliminated) and were years from contending. He went to management---not the press---with a small list of teams he'd be willing to waive his NTC for in hopes of winning what wasn't going to happen here on his watch (thank the maker it wasn't Philly). He didn't drag anything out for months or rent ESPN for a press conference to announce it (like the guys in MCA's warped comparison).Teams were very hungry for his services as he was hardly a slouch at 39. He was playing 27+ minutes/game, more in playoffs, and though a bit slower, was still a better guy to have on the ice in the playoffs than probably 95% of his peers. Colorado met their price (considering they were parting with their icon, the Bruins got a good return that they would later butcher on their own terms). And off he went.

Bruins were in top 10 teams in spending that year so they were spending money, just not wisely. If Bourque was adamant about getting traded for his owner being a spendthrift, it likely would've come long before then (like when Oates spouted off). And he was anything but a big-mouth, in fact one of the few criticisms of him over the years was that he wouldn't speak up when he probably should have.

He was a classy guy here, classy when he left, and nobody had a bad word to say about the guy (except for that noted above), why the hell wouldn't Bruins fans root for him? We could see the writing on the wall with team (they were going nowhere for a few years) and Bourque was only going to play another year or two. Give him a chance at a Cup and get some assets in return. Sucked to see him go but he's not the first or last legend to finish up elsewhere.

Good bid.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 am

So the only difference is basically that he wasn't playing in the day in age of a 24 hour news cycle with a million media outlets covering every second of every minute of every day.

The guts of my argument:

- Team didn't "NOT SPEND" like the common perception says
- He went to management and asked to leave
- He left

Still stand.

So he's more Bosh then. Ok, glad we cleared that up.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby ed » Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 pm

whether you agree with mca or despise his ideology on bourque, you have to hand it to him for bringing an interesting thread to this board, and eliciting venom from all the puckheads.

i loved bourque, and all the bruins teams up until they settled into their 18 years of mediocrity right around 93ish.

then i became disillusioned, and as the years passed on, completely disinterested (i know i'm completely off topic, but i feel i must ramble).

when the league became europeanized, the stastny brothers split up, gretzky retired, the rangers won the cup, teams moved all over the place, and expansion hit, this sport became unwatchable for me.

me and 3 of my friends used to go into the garden every single saturday for the matinee games, and spend our paychecks from the sub-shop we used to work at during high school on scalped tickets.

it was a religion every fucking week for us, and every time bruce shoebottom got into a fight, we threw our shoes on the ice from the balconyloge section up in the rafters.

we used to stuff flip flops in our jeans so we would have something to wear home when we would lose our sneakers. it happened on at least 5 occasions. i think i may still have my doug keans shirt in a box somewhere.

anyhoo, i know i'm dating myself right now, but the bruins have become like the revolution for me, and i can't believe how much i just don't care about them. it is truly amazing to me, because it is so opposite of how i used to be.

i can't be one of those phonies who are all of a sudden riveted by this team because of their great playoff run, because if they lose, i seriously will not give two shits, and i can't hide it.

at my bar, when i am working during a bruins playoff game, it seriously pisses me the fuck off when i can't even put 1 fucking tv on an nba playoff game, because the whole world stops in the fucking blockhead cracker ass suburbs when stupid hockey is on.

i apologize to bud, rearad, and all the other true hockey/bruins diehards for stereotyping, because i am obviously painting with a broad brush, and i know you guys are the real deal.

i am watching the mavs/thunder.
Pussybar
ed
Serious Stoolie

Postby DB » Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Flounder could blow this.

And why are the Pink skates having such a hard time with this Ray Bourque topic? He was a great player but he's no different than Lebron
80% of the globe is covered by water. The rest is covered by Albert Louis Jean
DB
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Tue May 17, 2011 10:39 pm

i dont know he has passed kobe and peyton as most hated boston villian i think... not to mention 77 did nothing like the decision... mca took a step lower when he compared ray to a bitch like chris bosh
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby MCA » Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 am

As a player he's more like Lebron.

But if you look at the situation:

- Bruins spent top 10 money (I actually thought this was the weakest point of my argument, and it turned into a strength)
- he couldn't carry them to a title
- He picked where he wanted to go
- He didn't shit on the area he left

Its clearly a stronger comparison to Bosh than Lebron.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 pm

ed wrote:at my bar, when i am working during a bruins playoff game, it seriously pisses me the fuck off when i can't even put 1 fucking tv on an nba playoff game, because the whole world stops in the fucking blockhead cracker ass suburbs when stupid hockey is on.

HA! My trivia boss tells me that everybody outside 128 cancels trivia for Bruins playoff games...but that most bars inside 128 don't.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

PreviousNext

Return to Boston Sports