Arnold

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Arnold

Postby AY » Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

He likes the strange. Lots of it apparently.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
User avatar
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 6654
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Who doesn't?


A politician who used to be an actor....come on???


There isn't a human alive capable of monogamy, let alone one holding power in some way. Plus he is a Republican and everyone knows they are the most morally depraved people of all.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Re: Arnold

Postby jtk4 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

lugnutz wrote:There isn't a human alive capable of monogamy,


huh? :roll:
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:48 pm

Re: Arnold

Postby B Luc » Tue May 17, 2011 3:20 pm

lugnutz wrote:There isn't a human alive capable of monogamy.

While I think monogamy is a silly idea that benefits women more than men, I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm

I respect that but have never been able to do a thing to prove you correct. I know so few that claim to practice that dont go crazy when out for a night on the town. My view is everyone would cheat given the proper set of circustances, and my experience more than proves that out on hundreds of occasions. Sad but true.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Re: Arnold

Postby jtk4 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:33 pm

lugnutz wrote:I respect that but have never been able to do a thing to prove you correct. I know so few that claim to practice that dont go crazy when out for a night on the town. My view is everyone would cheat given the proper set of circustances, and my experience more than proves that out on hundreds of occasions. Sad but true.



Well I do not know who you hang around with but I assume you are not getting a diverse section of the population.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:48 pm

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Not true at all. In my 23 years of adult life I have had friends, acquaintances, and co-workers of all walks of life. Watched rich, poor, middle class men (for that matter many women) fall off the wagon. Humans are weak. I never counted but I bet I have been to 50+ bach parties in my lifetime, all hosted and attended by an hodgepodge of people, some I knew, some I never had met, the results always seem to be the same.





And I will back down from my earlier comment. It was too strong, but not that far from the truth.

Plus i thought the Republican comment was going to the one I was called on. :lol:
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Re: Arnold

Postby BS1 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:57 pm

this should turn out to be an interesting convo
It is what it is......
User avatar
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7332
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: 2-0 in the SB vs. the Pats

Re: Arnold

Postby Spencer Pratt » Tue May 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Its all about your surroundings, Lug hangs out in "Clubs" and strip joints. Its a very different argument when you say every man cheats or every man given the opportunity would cheat.
User avatar
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Hollywood Hills

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:Its all about your surroundings, Lug hangs out in "Clubs" and strip joints. Its a very different argument when you say every man cheats or every man given the opportunity would cheat.



This was not always the norm. I had 10 years of wedded bliss and I have known dozens and dozens of happily married "normal" couples that my wife and I befriended.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Re: Arnold

Postby B Luc » Tue May 17, 2011 4:24 pm

That fact is that saying no human alive is capable of monogamy is a very slanted, tunnel vision sort of mindset. I don't necessarily think it's the best option, but it's even close to being impossible. The wonderful thing about humans is that we have the ability to use self control.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm

B Luc wrote:That fact is that saying no human alive is capable of monogamy is a very slanted, tunnel vision sort of mindset. I don't necessarily think it's the best option, but it's even close to being impossible. The wonderful thing about humans is that we have the ability to use self control.



I posted a back down for that reason. Fact is we are probably very similar in our thinking on the topic.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Re: Arnold

Postby B Luc » Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 pm

You and I? yeah, probably. I just hate absolute statements about any specific group. It's one of my pet peeves.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Re: Arnold

Postby jtk4 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

lugnutz wrote:I respect that My view is everyone would cheat given the proper set of circustances, and my experience more than proves that out on hundreds of occasions. Sad but true.



Part of being monogamous is not putting yourself in those positions. If you are hanging out at orgies and doing crank there is a higher chance you are going to doing something you will regret in 2 days when you sober up.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:48 pm

Re: Arnold

Postby lugnutz » Tue May 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Agreed, I'm not saying anyone hoping to remain faithful should do what I do.

I'm just saying sooner or later something provides a chance for the average Joe. It could be a bachelor party, an interoffice supply room/meet up for drinks/work late, or even a "could you help me move a bureau" from the neighbor.

Penthouse letters don't write themselves! :lol:
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot
 
Posts: 25514
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Laconia Smithsonian Museum

Next

Return to Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: psbot [Picsearch], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest