Vacation

"What happens there, write it here"

If you got 2 Jet Blue tickets where would you go?

Costa Rica
18%
St Lucia
15%
Cancun
9%
Barbados
9%
San Juan
No votes
Puerto Rico
No votes
Other
48%

Total votes : 33

Re: Vacation

Postby midd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am

B Luc wrote:D.I.N.K.??

Double income, no kids.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby BS1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

I can still be a DINK for about 3 weeks.....fuck it, im off to Monte Carlo
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby mcm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

MCA wrote:midd we get it ...you're loaded and you want to stay at the W.

for some reason there was talk about treadmills here on this MB (fitness thread?) and MIdd mentioned some brand of treadmill I never heard of so I googled it and it was like $15K LOL
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby midd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 pm

mcm wrote:
MCA wrote:midd we get it ...you're loaded and you want to stay at the W.

for some reason there was talk about treadmills here on this MB (fitness thread?) and MIdd mentioned some brand of treadmill I never heard of so I googled it and it was like $15K LOL

They had 2 of them at the equinox in PO square, not my private gym.

Things were the balls, infinitely better than regular treadmills.

Number one advice I've received from friends and family that have kids is to live it up as much as possible before they show.

Trying to heed their advice and take every vacation we can, go out to dinner as much as possible etc.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby Ted Striker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 pm

W hotels are nice but they try way too hard to be cool. Those places reek of douche baggery. They call their housekeeping staff "style." Get over yourself.

Midd - grab a flight from PR over to Anguilla, sounds like it would be more your style. I don't think they have rooms for less than $500/night there. Viceroy is the sickness.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

Postby MCA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Kid just buy a fucking island and go there on weekends.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby midd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 pm

If I'm recalling correctly DC laps the field in terms of travel habits.

Hilarious that I've turned into Joe rich guy
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby tballa55 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 pm

DC is a Colombian cocaine kingpin so he's just living the lifestyle.

pretty sure he has a minority ownership in the Heat too
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby jtk4 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Ted Striker wrote:W hotels are nice but they try way too hard to be cool. Those places reek of douche baggery. They call their housekeeping staff "style." Get over yourself.

Midd - grab a flight from PR over to Anguilla, sounds like it would be more your style. I don't think they have rooms for less than $500/night there. Viceroy is the sickness.

I stayed at cap jaluca and the place is fantastic. Very quiet though so if you are looking for nightlife you are not going to find it there. You could always split the stay between there and st maarteen. I would do the st maarten first and party like a rock star and then relax over there. It is like a 15 minute ferry ride.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

midd wrote:If I'm recalling correctly DC laps the field in terms of travel habits.

like you midd im finishing my masters this month and have def toned back past year

I agree though W suck... There are other brands out now that give you a W feel and look with bigger rooms and better services..

Hyatt is my chain of choice.. their Park hyatts are the shit and this new W like brand they opened called Andaz is fantastic.. stayed at the NYC local last year before a sox/yanks series..

As for beach locations my reviews are as follows:

Cancun - great deals usually... loved Aqua there... i usually just go there for 1 day layovers before havana though

Cabo - loved it.. mix of desert dry heat with ocean..best of both worlds stayed at some adults only holistic retreat spot where lil mexican senoritas gave me great massage..they had filmed the beach scene from troy there puebelo bonita holistic resort i think was name

never been to aruba or PR but parents love both spots

midd if you still got some dough and it seems you do based on what these guys are saying.. rio man do it!!! enough to do that your lady wont mind your quick glances at the ladies of ipanama ..

ive heard lots of good thing about barbados from 30 something couples for what thats worth .. also have friends who loved belize.. Frances ford copploa has 2 spots there that look sic
Last edited by DC on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:45 pm

tballa55 wrote:DC is a Colombian cocaine kingpin so he's just living the lifestyle.

pretty sure he has a minority ownership in the Heat too

So I have gone from a DEA agent to kingpin... at least the jobs paying better now
Last edited by DC on Sun May 01, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 pm

DC wrote:
midd wrote:If I'm recalling correctly DC laps the field in terms of travel habits.

midd if you still got some dough and it seems you do based on what these guys are saying..

I think it's the avatar and username more than anything anybody's written.

All due respect.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:27 pm

DC, re: the Hyatt...I stayed at the Grand Kauai Hyatt on leg 2 of the h'moon. Place is beautiful and elegant and all that jazz. Has that super golf course (I retired in '97).

But I honestly preferred staying in a '70s era condo in Maui with a Jeep rental and the water 8' from my back door.

I couldn't swim at all because of the surf at the Hyatt (it's not bad at all in the bay up the road), though it's still pretty awesome to get stoned about 30 feet from the shore while you feel the earth shake while watching the surfers/boarders. Also, at a pricey resort, you're more likely to just linger there and take advantage of then amenities then go gallivanting off campus. Plus, there were shitloads of kids there and there's nothing less you want to see on your honeymoon than rugrats.

In Maui, I swam with the turtles at dusk every night, was within 5-10 miles of tons of great shit, and just felt more adventurous (for lack of a better word).

In short, Hawaii is king.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 am

interesting admiral... I have never had any desire to go there and won't even consider it for a honeymoon when that time comes..(should it be one of my crazy prereq like you would see in Diner with the football test for a wife?) That said about half my boys who have tied the knot the last 5-7 years have gone there and all rave about it.. Kind of like SF.. everyone I know who goes there loves it yet I saw some movie maybe 15 years ago where it was full of freaks and i said i'm never going.. yeah i'm weird like that lol

As for Hyatt and all travel what I really am is a cheap travelor.. out of the mold of Ryan Bingham in Up In the Air.. I don't do shit unless i'm getting points in some way.. To me Hyatt Gold Passport is by far the best loyalty program in biz... Southwest Airlines used to be best airline program until a few months ago.. I would drive 35 mins to BWI instead of 5 mins to Reagan because with SW program 4 cheap (as low as 70 RT) flights from BWI to Boston would get me a free RT anywhere in the country.. now that they switched to the miles by distance that everyone else uses I have flown jetblue only last 4 flights...

Places on my list still : some are countries I've been too but not that area

Argentina: Buenos Aires, Mendoza, tierra del fuego/patagonia

Italy: Italian Riveria, Lake District, .. want to go back to sicily as well

Ireland: belfast in N ireland, everything north of galway in Ireland

Africa: Kilimanjaro

Greece: santorini, crete

Colombia: cali, cartagena

US: SW tour : through parts of AZ , New Mexico, Utah including grand canyon

Sports Road trips : may have been to cities but never game

Baseball : pitt, cinn (realize nothing special about park but I was biggest pete rose fan)

NFL: Chicago, GB, Pitt, NO

NBA: LA, Chi

CFB: athens, gainesville, south bend, colombus, rose bowl... plan on attending either sugar or bcs title this year in Nawlins whichever bama ends up in

CBB: Raleigh

Anyone else have some non-sec road trips worth taking that I failed to mention?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

DC Red River rivalry is on my bucket list along with Autzen stadium.

Pretty much any SEC school outside of Vandy/Kentucky would be ideal seeing as my only SEC experience we WLOCP. I would rank them Athens, Baton Rouge, T-Town, Gainesville, and Oxford in terms of ones I would want to go to. Problem with Oxford is how many BIG games are played there?
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to Vegas and other vacation spots