Boston area GRUB experiences

Suggestions on where to eat!

Re: Boston area GRUB experiences

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Ted Striker wrote:Whoever does the waitress hiring at the Black Cow in newburyport has a good eye for talent. Food was pretty good too.

I know some places that used to put on # on the girl's application when they came in to drop it off to let the MGMT know if she was a smoke or not.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 am

ice cream stands always have hot chicks working there

i always order whichever flavor is almost running out so that the girls have to reach way to scoop it and you get a great ass shot

just kidding but its a good idea
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby jtk4 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Not sure if anyone would be in Lynn but the blue ox has outstanding food. The Lobster tail with lobster risotto dish was fantastic.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:55 pm

The Ox is outstanding.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm

I liked Buffalo Wild Wings.

Going there for the food quality isn't smart, but the food is absolutely good enough when you consider the insane setup of 66 televisions and a great bar.

Pulled Pork was good. fries were good.

Wings were good. Not great, not amazing, but fine.

I won't go there for the food quality but I'll go there for the TV setup and to burn a weekday afternoon during the US Open for sure.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 pm

wings have to be really bad for me not to like them
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Hit up Venezia's last night.

Veal Oscar Venezia. Split a short rib and shrimp cocktail app. And a bottle of pinot noir. Then chocolate lava cake and cup of tea to finish it off (and keep me awake).

Good stuff. Pretty quiet in there so got seated right away.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 am

JJ wrote:
Since I have a place 1/2 mile from home, my Friday nights are usually at the Colonial House in Norwood, where the bar pizza is very good (BS1 - give it a try some nite). 10-inch, thin crust. Piping hot w/ great toppings. With 3 or 4 Harpoon IPA's it is a perfect un-winding meal on a Friday night.

Hit this place up last night, JJ.....very very unassuming place, until you walk in. Place was packed as there was a 50th wedding anniversary party there, but we were sat in 10 minutes. Nice little place that reminded me of a place back home

I was in the mood for fried food last night, so we got the Buffalo Chips for an app (outstanding) and I had the scallops for dinner (outstanding). The wife have the marinated steak tips and were insanely good. I had a few bass ale's to quench my thirst.

will definitely make this a regular stop
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby JJ » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 am

BS1 wrote:
JJ wrote:
Since I have a place 1/2 mile from home, my Friday nights are usually at the Colonial House in Norwood, where the bar pizza is very good (BS1 - give it a try some nite). 10-inch, thin crust. Piping hot w/ great toppings. With 3 or 4 Harpoon IPA's it is a perfect un-winding meal on a Friday night.

Hit this place up last night, JJ.....very very unassuming place, until you walk in. Place was packed as there was a 50th wedding anniversary party there, but we were sat in 10 minutes. Nice little place that reminded me of a place back home

I was in the mood for fried food last night, so we got the Buffalo Chips for an app (outstanding) and I had the scallops for dinner (outstanding). The wife have the marinated steak tips and were insanely good. I had a few bass ale's to quench my thirst.

will definitely make this a regular stop

We walked in at 6:45 last night and got the last available table. It's great to stumble out of there 2 hours later and walk home a 1/2-mile on a great weather night like last night. Those tall Captain & Diet Cokes are very tasty. Especially that 4th one.

All of the seafood is good, from what I'm told (I don't eat it). Tips are pretty good. Chicken Parm very good. Prime Rib not too bad. Stay away from the burgers, I've never had a good one down there.

And get the onion rings to start next time. Very good stuff.
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby BS1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:01 am

ha, you had to be there when I was then. I think we showed up at 730 or so.
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby M.S.83 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Anyone been to bostonville in Lynnfield.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby BS1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 pm

I heard a BWW raon out of Bud Light......on a saturday......during a Bruins game......sick place
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby MCA » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

M.S.83 wrote:Anyone been to bostonville in Lynnfield.

no.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 pm

BS1 wrote:I heard a BWW raon out of Bud Light......on a saturday......during a Bruins game......sick place

yeah never go to a restaurant that underestimates the amount of bud light bottles they need in their first week... that means something. had plenty of draft bud light too.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm

There is NOTHING worse than a wedding or similar reception running out of the dominant flavors because of unpreparedness.

Except maybe when places insist on not handing out bottles at a wedding because they're too classy but then run out of glasses at 10:00 and finally decide it's easier to just give the customer what they'd prefer in the first place.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurant Reviews