The Wire V. 18.2

TV/Movies/Music/Celebs

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:20 am

“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Re: The Wire V. 18.2

Postby tballa55 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm

An actress who played a drug assassin on the HBO series "The Wire" was busted Thursday in a major narcotics sweep in Baltimore.

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson was among 30 people rounded up by the Drug Enforcement Agency on charges involving a large-scale heroin and marijuana operation, The Baltimore Sun reported.

The 30-year-old mush-mouthed actress, who played one of the chief enforcers for Marlo Stanfield's drug operation on the show, was taken into custody on a Maryland state warrant.

It's not Pearson's first brush with the law. She served 6 1/2 years in prison after being convicted of murder when she was 14.

She was also recently arrested for refusing to testify as a witness in a Baltimore murder trial.

She landed the role on "The Wire," after meeting actor Michael Williams, who played Omar Little, at a Baltimore club. Impressed by her gritty background, he introduced her to the show's producers.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/ ... z1GDSybQGi

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:00 am

Debated on which thread to post in and went here instead of Twitter.

SPOILER ZONE FOR BEST SHOW EVER SO STOP NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THIS SHOW YET

Question: How did you feel about Herc at the end of the show? A good guy because he hooked up his old partner with Marlo's cell phone #? Or the same old shithead who f'd up yet again because he gets Marlo off the hook by tipping off Levy about the illegal wiretap?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby midd » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 am

rearadmiral wrote:Debated on which thread to post in and went here instead of Twitter.

SPOILER ZONE FOR BEST SHOW EVER SO STOP NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THIS SHOW YET

Question: How did you feel about Herc at the end of the show? A good guy because he hooked up his old partner with Marlo's cell phone #? Or the same old shithead who f'd up yet again because he gets Marlo off the hook by tipping off Levy about the illegal wiretap?

Shithead
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 am

That's what I say too. But the guy who played him thought Herc found redemption by giving Carv the #. Thought that a bit odd or maybe, like Herc, it went over his head.

Thought Herc was Simon's example of dumb, headcracking cop that isn't very effective police. Much like Burrell was example of dumb guy who gets promoted for wrong reason.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby SS » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 pm

any of you guys watch Homicide as well?

similar debate could be had with Bayless/Pembleton characters.
the long national nightmare is over.
SS
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I never did. How many seasons was it?
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby SS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:44 pm

i have to check my box set... i think 6-7...

definitely worth the watch...
the long national nightmare is over.
SS
Title Town

Postby Spencer Pratt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:33 pm

@wirefans

pretty good twitter

Did you know Jamie Hector auditioned for the role of Cutty Wise before being cast as Marlo Stanfield #TheWire

I recently watched season 4 and 5 back to back, so many things you dont notice on 1st or 2nd viewing

at 1st I wasnt into the homeless killings wrinkle, but I enjoyed it in the 2nd viewing

also, I never noticed the part when Bunk is looking at the paperwork for Bug's father about him molesting Michael and the investigation coming back inconclusive.
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:32 am

Cheese Wagstaff is Randy Wagstaff's father.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Cheese Wagstaff is Randy Wagstaff's father.

When was that confirmed?

got this from wikipedia

He is also the father of Randy Wagstaff according to creator David Simon, though this is never explored or even explicitly stated on the show
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:Cheese Wagstaff is Randy Wagstaff's father.

When was that confirmed?

got this from wikipedia

He is also the father of Randy Wagstaff according to creator David Simon, though this is never explored or even explicitly stated on the show

Wikipedia is where I originally stumbled on it but I don't completely trust them so I looked up the original story. Simon says it's so but just never brought up/confirmed on the show.

Kind of interesting point the kid snitches about the killing and Cheese fucked his uncle.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

I always wondered about it seeing as they both had the same last name.

The kid who played Randy was a really good actor, I am suprised he hasnt popped up in other big roles.

Damn I miss that show
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah, he was one of the better kid actors. I think it was a case of lightning in a bottle for a lot of that acting crew, not just the kids. Though Michael is tapping white ass like a mofo on 90210.

Being on "The Wire" only goes so far in that industry.

Same here. Just so real and brilliant. At the same time, it might have gone downhill at some point like (almost) every show. Better to get out early, I suppose.

Shows how/why cities fall and fail. And makes you glad to live in Boston.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Heres a question
Why make Carcetti an italian when he has such an obvious Irish accent, if his name was Tommy Doyle, i wouldnt notice the accent as much.

Props to Stringer(Idris Alba) I never heard his english accent once during the show, but McNulty and Carcetti slip up all the time
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment