Seaport and Fort Point

Suggestions on where to eat!

Seaport and Fort Point

Postby cool_hand » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:52 am

Seaport - Fort Point is blowing up like most knew it would. Four new joints this season.

Temazcal Tequila Cantina
New Legal
New Jerry Remy
Del Friscos

I heard the Remy's was awesome. Wasnt excited about Friscos - another above average steak joint I thougt - photos are sick. I'd go for decor alone. Any new decent mexican in Boston is welcome.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Re: Seaport and Fort Point

Postby MCA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 am

Aren't they providing free dockage for boats too? I drove through there the other day and was told that's what the docks were for. Great great idea.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:13 pm

del friscos will rise to the top or near top of boston steak spots..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby MCA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Steak snobs are the worst. I could blindfold you and bible both and stick a steak from delfriscos, Capital Grill, mortons, Ruths Chris, Abe's, Grill 23 and you wouldn't get a single one right.

At that level, its all good.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 pm

MCA wrote:Steak snobs are the worst. I could blindfold you and bible both and stick a steak from delfriscos, Capital Grill, mortons, Ruths Chris, Abe's, Grill 23 and you wouldn't get a single one right.

naw i despise cap grill... ruths has extra butter cmon mcadam
Last edited by DC on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 pm

MCA wrote:Aren't they providing free dockage for boats too? I drove through there the other day and was told that's what the docks were for. Great great idea.

Yes. This is huge. Especially if you have buddy who goes gas-assing every nice Friday in the summer.

cool_hand, they've only been talking about the Squidport "blowing up" for about 20+ years. Typical Boston.

Remy's is pretty sweet. Big, open room. Huge bar.

Those two buildings they built and the surrounding pier are pretty sweet. If you want people to come, you need a lot of public access.

DC, how can you despise the Cap Grille?

I wouldn't pass that steak test. Except for maybe Morton's. I'm 0-for-2 with them.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 pm

DC wrote:
MCA wrote:Steak snobs are the worst. I could blindfold you and bible both and stick a steak from delfriscos, Capital Grill, mortons, Ruths Chris, Abe's, Grill 23 and you wouldn't get a single one right.

naw i despise cap grill... ruths has extra butter cmon mcadam

I ALMOST said except for ruths.

But the rest, no shot.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby SeanT » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:43 pm

It's not just the steak alone though... I agree that good steak is good steak and you're probably going to get a good steak at any of the top spots. But it's about the sides, the atmosphere, the value on the wine list etc. That's where I think the top spots differentiate themselves
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby DC » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:50 pm

just had some bad experiences there.. in both DC, VA and MA locations..

my favorites are following:

Boston: Grill 23
DC: Bourbon Steak
NYC:Peter Lugers (overall) and BLT Prime (manhattan)
MIA: Prime 112
CHI: Joe's

though not my favorite in any one place Ruths Chris and Del Friscos never let me down..

exactly bourbon steaks eye candy and sides/drinks best in DC
Prime 112 hell anyone who has been to miami will tell you about the atmosphere there
BLT prime has these hen of the woods mushrooms I die for
Joes has the best key lime pie (my favorite dessert in the world) same as miami location

your right most of these will nail the steak except cap grill for me lol
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby MCA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:51 pm

SeanT wrote:It's not just the steak alone though... I agree that good steak is good steak and you're probably going to get a good steak at any of the top spots. But it's about the sides, the atmosphere, the value on the wine list etc. That's where I think the top spots differentiate themselves

Most don't include that in the review though. I only won't go to Mortons because the wine list there is a fucking joke, but the rest of them are all pretty damn good.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Lou Roe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:06 pm

MCA wrote:Aren't they providing free dockage for boats too? I drove through there the other day and was told that's what the docks were for. Great great idea.

I find it hard to believe it will be free dockage, hopefully that is true. I feel like the ABG/WP/Remy's combo is going to be a newer version of faneuil fall, complete with dbags in affliction t's trying out their new fighting moves on seaport blvd. The location is great but I think it sucks that they put in another huge legals, does the city really need another chain seafood spot? Also another high end steak house and a high end mexican restaurant. I also find it very hard to believe that Remy's is operating a "scratch kitchen". The location is great but its going to have the corporate, high price, tourist trap feel to it. It would have been great to have a nice neighborhood on the water. RIP Jimbo's.
Lou Roe
Professional Bike Rider

Postby DB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 am

SeanT wrote:It's not just the steak alone though... I agree that good steak is good steak and you're probably going to get a good steak at any of the top spots. But it's about the sides, the atmosphere, the value on the wine list etc. That's where I think the top spots differentiate themselves

This has always been my stance on steak places. The steak alone is virtually the same at all the top places. Its everything else that makes some better than the rest. G23 has it all.

I heard Fort Point was outstanding. How's the mexican place?
80% of the globe is covered by water. The rest is covered by Albert Louis Jean
DB
Alt-Tab Master

Postby cool_hand » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:30 am

DB wrote:

This has always been my stance on steak places. The steak alone is virtually the same at all the top places. Its everything else that makes some better than the rest. G23 has it all.

I heard Fort Point was outstanding. How's the mexican place?

Mexican Place opens this week. Boston needs more mexi joints. I want to check it out. Doesnt look cheap, but good (and different):

http://www.temazcalcantina.com/Home/tab ... fault.aspx

By the way, I dismissed Legal. Figured same old same old. But they do a good job mixing it up. I like LTK, but this one is huge and is catering to a younger party crowd.

http://www.boston.com/business/gallery/ ... rf_boston/
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

That Legal roofdeck is going to be crazy. Lots of Ronnie B sightings there this summer.
"I bet Joe Buck peed the bed til he was 15." - Matt Stone
Jackie Treehorn
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 pm

A friend who worked at White Horse briefly recently got hired at Del Frisco's. She posted on her Facebook page yesterday about free lunch on Thursday. In. LOOK AT ME.

Full review tomorrow.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Next

Return to Restaurant Reviews