2011 NFL Draft

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Postby lugnutz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 am

You think Gruden shit a brick when Newton told him they had his play calling reduced to a double digit number. This kid should switch to wide receiver now and avoid the 3-4 years of ego deflation.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby DC » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

hoping pats can grab ingram at 28.. peter king seems to think its possible
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby MCA » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 am

lugnutz wrote:You think Gruden shit a brick when Newton told him they had his play calling reduced to a double digit number. This kid should switch to wide receiver now and avoid the 3-4 years of ego deflation.

You think Gruden didn't know that before he asked the question?
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:53 am

Is it true that some of his option read plays were not even option reads, but pre determined keeps or handoffs?

I knew tOSU did that from time to time with Pryor, but less and less as his career has progressed. The report I read made it seem rare that he ever got to choose.

This guy has disaster written all over him. Anyone else read the report that Kapernick is number one on some teams boards?
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Section 40 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am

I can't remember a NFL draft that flew under the radar quite like this draft. I know the uncertainty is off putting for some but this is usually a national holiday.
Having said that.... I know It's old news but still intriguing for those of us who have been watching Laurence Maroney as the feature back the last few years. I don't even car about the knee concerns, if the guy is available I'd love to see him in a Pats uni.

RB Ingram visiting Pats
Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff April 18, 2011 11:39 AM
Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram tweeted the following within the last half-hour: "Headed to the airport, off to Boston...Another week living in the airport."
The 2009 Heisman winner is headed to New England for an official visit, likely for the Patriots to re-check the knee he injured last season.
During a draft conference call last week, NFL Network analyst Mike Lombardi mentioned that Ingram's knee is a concern to teams.
Because of Alabama coach Nick Saban's friendship with Bill Belichick and the Pats' need for a running back, many have been tying Ingram to New England. Today, Sports Illustrated's Peter King wrote that the Patriots "love" Ingram
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Ted Striker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Three for the Show on ESPN is must see TV for anyone into the draft. 3 part series follows Newton, Locker, Tyrod. Cam is so full of himself it's gross. Talking in the 3rd person, asking how many other draftees have their own billboard, generally talking about how great he is. Cam and Cecil are constantly watching ESPN to see what they say about him. Sitting in the room as Tyrod and his parents eat it up as an agent blows sunshine up their asses is great. I'd take shot with Locker, he seems like a guy that just loves to compete.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Just saw rerun.

Striker hit nail on head. Pretty much what I was going to put. Cam comes across as so fucking smug its unreal.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Mallet getting alot of HATE from the rumor mill in the whole process.

Can the Fins please draft Pouncey. Just plug him in as the starting guard for the next 10 years with a chance for 2-3 Pro Bowls.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:58 pm

I miss my usual draft obsession. Haven't even given it a thought.

lockout = blows.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 pm

part lockout part i think this is a really weak class. One of the draft guys made this point about Pat Pete. How many corners play at 220-230?

Im intrigued by this Jimmy Smith guy from Colorado.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Mr. X » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 am

UconnBuckeye wrote:Just saw rerun.

Striker hit nail on head. Pretty much what I was going to put. Cam comes across as so fucking smug its unreal.

every defensive player in the NFL can't wait to light this kid up
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:54 am

I thought the draft was today.

That's how out of touch I am with it.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Watch this video at the beginning of this story. I don't ever want to hear Texas fans(or Bama haters) whine about McCoy's injury ever again. It wasn't like he missed the game, he just got knocked the eff out on the field of play by this guy. That's part of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=6388359
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Mk » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Knocked out? He had a pinched nerve...which he said he felt no pain. It's fair for someone to say they've never seen an injury like that before. Which happened in the biggest game of the year.

Of course if Texas had won then the Gamecocks wouldn't have broken a double digit streak so I'm all Bama in this argument.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby AY » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Colt was in the game

Dareus(now pronounced Dah-reus) nailed Colt

Colt was out of the game

Therefore, Colt was knocked the eff out of the game by Dareus(now pronounced Dah-reus).
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports