Poaching

Only stories pertaining to work

Re: Poaching

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 am

Bud wrote:where are the Bushwackers when you need them!

Parts Unknown.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Mk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 am

mcm wrote:The Can Man...can

Bud wrote:Image
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby One Up in Peabody » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:21 am

"We hear you need us to find a hippo?"
"You could shit your pants and probably still bag something out of there" - BLuc describing Blush in Vegas
One Up in Peabody
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby mcm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:01 am

Bud wrote:that the Can Man that was on AAF?

that would be the one. He sings the American and Canadien national anthems before our softball league's all star game each summer. LB discovered him.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby MCA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Can Man on AAF = pathetic attempt at Stern-esque humor.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:48 pm

he loves WWE and the CFL. He's a weird guy. He's got to have some form of autism. Its great to not to have to pick up after yourselves after softball though.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
The CEO of godaddy.com shoots elephants for sport under the guise of helping farmers with "problem elephants". Then he hands out Go Daddy hats to the villagers and they take the meat off the elephant (I don't believe the villagers typically shoot and kill elephants for food purposes).

Sure, pal. Just keep killing them. They're like pigeons or squirrels.

I've never understood how that company makes money / affords super bowl commercials.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

It's gonna have a harder time making money now. Lot of people pulling business after seeing the video.

I'm no PETA nut or animal rights activist. But killing an endangered species under the guise of helping a farmer and feeding the hungry is preposterous. Guy's just a Great White Hunter.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:37 pm

So I actually had a powwow with their founder and his marketing guy for two hours on Wednesday. He's not coming after all of our clients...he's focusing on the big ones in Greater Boston, not dicking around with T.G.I. Friday's locations outside 128.

He's not getting my bars...but I can see him taking a bar or two away from us. We're just so saturated that somebody out there with a weak event may make the switch. I didn't even antagonize the guy, other than telling him his letter was bullshit...it was actually a good chat about the industry, and I taught him how things work in Boston. Keep your enemies closer.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby Mr. X » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm

vtexposfan wrote:Keep your enemies closer.

The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Lou Roe » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm

vt, whats the average time of your trivia game? Most of the time the stump trivia drags on for about 2 hours, i think there would be a market for a shorter game about 1:30 or have a different format.
Lou Roe
Professional Bike Rider

Postby TeeDub » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

vtexposfan wrote: and I taught him how things work in Boston. Keep your enemies closer.

100% not trying to be a dick. What makes you the authority on this? You have your thoughts, others will have theirs. Going through what I am professionally right now, I have learned that mind set ( that you know how IT WORKS) will get you fired faster than banging the owner's teenage daughter.
TeeDub
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Lou Roe wrote:vt, whats the average time of your trivia game? Most of the time the stump trivia drags on for about 2 hours, i think there would be a market for a shorter game about 1:30 or have a different format.

Games run 1:50 if it's poorly attended and I'm in a hurry to get it done, or they can be 2:30 if it has 40 entries, because there's more paperwork for me. No client bar would ever be interested in a 1:30 game...gotta keep them in there a little longer and make sales. Many films run two hours...and this is an interactive show that you play with your friends. I absolutely expect people to hang out for two hours...and they do.

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

TeeDub wrote:What makes you the authority on this?

The fact that I'm a full time professional in this industry in this market.

Let's say somebody bought up land in Naples, opened a golf course, and charged 40% less that what you guys charge for a golf game or for a membership. Your owner would have something to say, right? He might go to the new proprietor and say "hey, we're competitors, but you're screwing yourself by charging this little for a golf game. Compete against us on amenities, even make your price a little lower...but don't start a race to the bottom, otherwise we're all fucked." That's the sentiment I shared with him. It's a free country, but I also need to look out for him (and by extension, me.)

vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:53 pm

As it is, they announced their first Boston client today. It's a bar in Cambridge. The real shock to me is not that they made a sale so quickly, but that when I told our sales guy, he said "never heard of that bar" and asked me "are they one of our clients?" And this is a bar that's been in business a long time and frequently advertises in free papers around town. FACE. PALM.

vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

PreviousNext

Return to Cube Life