The Booze and Bar Thread

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

The Booze and Bar Thread

Postby cool_hand » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:16 am

There was a time when BSS was called BSS for a reason (i.e. "barstool"), then everyone got old, or the young, metrosexual, clubster goobers took over. Do people go to bars anymore?

- Stoddards is a great date place. (I'm a big midtown guy). It was hyped big time. I was disappointed because my expectations were too high, but I'm comning around. Cool joint. Not a buddy joint. But a one beer with friends, or a date joint. If on the commons with a date, a great stop off joint.

- On the Midtown tip, Barracudas is getting traction. Lucas, the owner/manager is a bone fide dildo. That place sucked (he sucks), but it really is a good change of pace mid-town. Better in the afternoon. Might be a really cool spot on Patriots Day, because no one knows its there and its right next to Beantown Pub.

- Is the outdoors of Clink open yet? Easiest pulls in Boston. Just straight kill shots.

- Beacon Hill has always been overrated, a good spot for playoff Bruins/Celts games +30 Hill Tavern, -30 BHP, I met an Austin girl there las durting a Celt.Lakers game - I'm 36, she was 24. I made it to her hotel, but fumbled in the red zone.

- People hating on the Noble Pils have no clue. Way better than White ale. And their Summer Wheat blows too. Noble Pils stays.

- Patriots Day itinerary..... bigger day than St Paddys in my book. Fenway, through Back Bay and try to make it downtown.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Re: The Booze and Bar Thread

Postby cool_hand » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 am

Self-reply.

Just reminiscing when I first met Manzo, it wasnt at any event. His bar, and my bar at the time, was the Waterfront Cafe. He pulled one of the first "of the month" girls, Laura... Dwn there with Rocko and Micheal... its been years.

Same for Thorton, never met him at an event, but at Coogan's bluff swilling 1$ beers with his date. Dude was like a pauper with his date. Seen him there on $1 draft night a few times.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:07 am

There's no "midtown" in Boston.

Marathon Monday is a good time...but it's fallen off map.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:38 am

cool_hand, its age and responsibility.

Like I wouldn't love to have any clue about what bars you just mentioned.

Never heard of a single one other than Clink....and had no idea they had an outdoor part.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby jtk4 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:51 pm

I love that this was posted at 2 15 am and then a self reply at quarter to three.

I have not been out in town for a bit. Damn kid. :(
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby M.S.83 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm a divebar guy m-f. Boston bar scene is severely overrated only time you catch me there is for sporting events. I'd rather hit up quincy or foxwoods if I'm looking to go out on weekend. Downtown Plymouth is an excellent spot in the summer.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby mcm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 pm

M.S.83 wrote:I'd rather hit up quincy or foxwoods

I stayed at MGM on a Tuesday night a few weeks back and was shocked there was a line at MGM Shrine. From what I could tell lots of DTF sluts go there. Seems like it would be fish in a barrel if your standards aren't too high.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby M.S.83 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 pm

mcm wrote:
M.S.83 wrote:I'd rather hit up quincy or foxwoods

I stayed at MGM on a Tuesday night a few weeks back and was shocked there was a line at MGM Shrine. From what I could tell lots of DTF sluts go there. Seems like it would be fish in a barrel if your standards aren't too high.

ya its always like that. That lounge in the middle of the gaming floor is my post up spot girls comming and going from the shrine all night.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Sometimes I miss popping into a dingy old bar for a cold beer. Up here it has to be a restaurant or pool hall to serve booze.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Stephen Glansburg » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:30 pm

There is a little bar around the corner from my house that would be the perfect neighborhood place to
drop in for a quick beer or hit up for last call on those nights that you simply haven't had enough if it
weren't for:

Cocaine
Heroin
Angry Bikers
Welfare riff raff
45+ year old skanks
Because I'm a control freak with only child syndrome who hates to see people do stupid things and not listen to me when my logic is sound. - McAsswipe
Stephen Glansburg
Serious Stoolie

Postby TEE » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Stephen Glansburg wrote:There is a little bar around the corner from my house that would be the perfect neighborhood place to
drop in for a quick beer or hit up for last call on those nights that you simply haven't had enough if it
weren't for:

Cocaine
Heroin
Angry Bikers
Welfare riff raff
45+ year old skanks

Didn't know you lived in my neighborhood.
TEE
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Who doesn't love skanks?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Sounds like a slow Sunday to me :lol:
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Mk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Stephen Glansburg wrote:There is a little bar around the corner from my house that would be the perfect neighborhood place to
weren't for:

Cocaine
Heroin
Angry Bikers
Welfare riff raff
45+ year old skanks

Well, you could just stop going.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby M.S.83 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 am

weren't for:

Cocaine
Heroin
Angry Bikers
Welfare riff raff
45+ year old skanks

are u talking about the roadhouse in marshfield or the red rose in weymouth because i frequent both
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Next

Return to Misc