30 for 30

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: 30 for 30

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Really DC. All you have to do is read his twitter introduction to realize he's writing strictly for shock value. There are plenty of scribes I read that offer real opinions and not opinions conjured up to sell advertising.

Here's his Twitter intro describing himself

Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle, including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage to address. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda free, honest and unpredictable. You can e-mail Jason or follow him on Twitter.

Gimme a fucking break!
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby DC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 pm

so because of someones twitter intro any article they write can't make sense??

i don't agree with everything he says but this article is excellant
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm

No DC . However all his storys are racially biased. After the Colts lost the superbowl he wrote a stupid article that included this line " In the biggest sporting event in the world, with a record number of people watching and on the game's most important play, a black defensive back outsmarted a beloved white quarterback. "
He's a hack that hides behind the color of his skin. If Tony Kornheiser wrote that in reverse Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton and every other so called African American leader would be picketing, boycotting and organizing the next million man march on the steps of his newspapers headquarters! There are plenty of minority writers who write thought provoking articles without using race as the foundation of every one their articles.
Ronnie B

Postby Mk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 pm

0% chance RB read this article or just about anything he's written for that matter. Whitlock is a rare black writer who both criticizes and praises black athletes for their actions. Yeah, most nationally recognized sports writers are attention whores. MWOM

For what it's worth, I was stunned about the support for Rose after this doc. Entertaining? Sure. Factual? Nah not really.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Mk wrote:0% chance RB read this article or just about anything he's written for that matter. Whitlock is a rare black writer who both criticizes and praises black athletes for their actions. Yeah, most nationally recognized sports writers are attention whores. MWOM

For what it's worth, I was stunned about the support for Rose after this doc. Entertaining? Sure. Factual? Nah not really.

Hey Redneck,

I've stopped reading him after the super bowl article mentioned above. He's an asshole!
Ronnie B

Postby Mk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Exactly.

Douchebag.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby DC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:13 pm

agree totally with MK.. whitlock gets killed by african americans now since he does not make excuses for them like rev al and jesse.. he has been doing that for at least a few years.. ronnie how can we take you serious when you just admitted to bashing or zzzz an article you didn't even read? i usually enjoy reading your points but cmon man.. even if you didnt read the article by reading my earlier post you should be able to comprehend he was critiquing african americans not praising them..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 pm

DC wrote:agree totally with MK.. whitlock gets killed by african americans now since he does not make excuses for them like rev al and jesse.. he has been doing that for at least a few years.. ronnie how can we take you serious when you just admitted to bashing or zzzz an article you didn't even read? i usually enjoy reading your points but cmon man.. even if you didnt read the article by reading my earlier post you should be able to comprehend he was critiquing african americans not praising them..

I didn't read the latest article because I boycott Whitlock. The guy is a phony of epic proportions!
Ronnie B

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 am

He parlayed local prominence (KC) into a national gig. But he doesn't pound the pavement anymore. Those columns are just his own spin. I don't even know what this means:

the Fab Five were not man enough to harness the courage and focus to outduel — in their minds — inferior, racist teams.

Now tell me who the sellouts were?

It wasn’t John Thompson, Patrick Ewing or Grant Hill.

They weren't man enough so they're sellouts? Wha?

He is a good follow on Twitter though.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby KW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 am

Well technically we know C-Webb sold out.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:47 pm

DC wrote:agree totally with MK.. whitlock gets killed by african americans now since he does not make excuses for them like rev al and jesse.. he has been doing that for at least a few years.. ronnie how can we take you serious when you just admitted to bashing or zzzz an article you didn't even read? i usually enjoy reading your points but cmon man.. even if you didnt read the article by reading my earlier post you should be able to comprehend he was critiquing african americans not praising them..

Ummm...where? When? and by which ones?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby AY » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Finally getting Winning Time: Reggie MIller vs The New York Knicks off the DVR. Been wanting to see this one and just haven't made the time.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

Postby AY » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Cheryl Miller is annoying as hell in this.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Finally got around to watching Marion Jones one.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. Singleton really peaked with Boyz n the Hood. Looked like something her PR people would put together.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm

M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports