March Madness Party

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: March Madness Party

Postby ed » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:43 pm

good time as usual at this party.

a lot more mellow as the years pass, but still a good take, and nice to catch up with all the peoples.

pretty much walked in, saw ag , the bon, and pomm, and bellied up to the bar with them like usual, and really didn't move all day.

after they left, rearadmiral and i bonded over about 6 beers and a couple of hours of chewing each other's ears off on all topics far and wide.

nice to see (albeit briefly) vtex, lugnutz, mazz, bluc, beeper, husky, and others.

certain people who have been on this board for all these years are actually really good friends now, and i find that to be pretty cool.
Pussybar
ed
Serious Stoolie

Postby MCA » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm

I got really aggravated at people cheering for George Mason for their brackets acting like it was them over a fucking 1 seed or something.

When others (me) actually had money on Nova.

That gets annoying.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Right? Don't think I've ever heard anybody who didn't have a rooting interest in the game beyond a bracket selection go so apeshit over an 8/9 contest.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby DC » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 pm

guilty as charged though i didnt fill out a bracket... finishing up a masters at mason next month so figure I had to lend a little support.. besides the bar was dead all damn day till that game so people were looking for a reason to get fired up.. I also did not know MCA had money on nova till game ended even though he was standing right next to me... quiet gamblers those bates cats are
Last edited by DC on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Sick time :roll:
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^

2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks for waiting for me. 8)
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

my Barstool photo album is still missing a tballa entry!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Definitely a smaller crowd this year (in general) because of St. Patty's the day before which made for a more comfortable bar. But still got to see the usuals, also met former nemesis :) sim finally and realized I actually met DC at party a couple of years ago (very good mutual friend). Missed KG (saw his name listed earlier) and One Up In Peabody was allegedly there. Great to see Soog and Jerry.

And I thought I was gonna make poor ed's ears bleed. Great time, brother. Lotta laughs. Another guy with a good mutual pal we had no idea about.

It was funny seeing lug and Bluc looking like a deathbed version of "Ebony and Ivory" after calling me a "pussy" via text the night before because I wasn't out with them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the venue switched up. Time for the Baseball Tavern (sunlight, different floors, etc.).
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm

I actually felt fine, minus my right knee getting stiff and swelling.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Basket/Huskyblue and their crew were sitting by us. Basket got cut off @ 8 PM, but got the waitresses #. She wasn't hot, but looked like she tosses salad so it might be a win. I tried to convince him that he should run a train w/ husky since husky was putting in work early. Don't know if it'll happen though.

Also, Soog apparently went missing.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Im not a big fan of the dungeon like atmosphere.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

B Luc wrote:Basket/Huskyblue and their crew were sitting by us. Basket got cut off @ 8 PM, but got the waitresses #. She wasn't hot, but looked like she tosses salad so it might be a win. I tried to convince him that he should run a train w/ husky since husky was putting in work early. Don't know if it'll happen though.

Also, Soog apparently went missing.

He was going to give me a lift with his buddy "right after McDonald's". Never happened. I jumped on T and went to An Tain.

He told me later he saw UBurger and called an audible but it was a shitshow in there and took forever. All good in the end.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

His buddy lost him too
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby K-G » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah we left pretty early because of the nice day and the dungeon we were in. The last two years it has been great weather and being stuck in the basement sucks - I would prefer a different spot. Went to the Cask for a while before making our way out to Waltham for a "bachelor party". Yeah don't ask.

RA, you were no more than 5 feet away from OUIP for a while when you and Ed were next to Sim.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

PreviousNext

Return to Misc