College Football 2011

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Football 2011

Postby AY » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Not sure if this is what Cowherd was referring to, but scuttlebutt tonight is improprieties at Texas regarding recruits and hostesses having sexy time together, and a former assistant coach who moved to administration is somehow involved. Mac Brown allegedly part of a cover up.

TIFWIW
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby PhillyandBCEagles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:37 am

AY wrote:Not sure if this is what Cowherd was referring to, but scuttlebutt tonight is improprieties at Texas regarding recruits and hostesses having sexy time together, and a former assistant coach who moved to administration is somehow involved. Mac Brown allegedly part of a cover up.

TIFWIW

This goes on at literally every program in the country, but most places the staff/program is smart enough to let the current players take care of it and not get involved themselves.
SS wrote:any event that makes PhillyBC look like a genius is nothing short of catastrophic and embarrassing.

CFB YTD 10-7-1
PhillyandBCEagles

Postby AY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 pm

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby DC » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 pm

So some point in 2011 both bcs title game teams may have seasons vacated?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm

That would be awesome
AY

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 pm

PhillyandBCEagles wrote:
AY wrote:Not sure if this is what Cowherd was referring to, but scuttlebutt tonight is improprieties at Texas regarding recruits and hostesses having sexy time together, and a former assistant coach who moved to administration is somehow involved. Mac Brown allegedly part of a cover up.

TIFWIW

This goes on at literally every program in the country, but most places the staff/program is smart enough to let the current players take care of it and not get involved themselves.

NCAA is the worst. What are they gonna make fucking a violation next?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby KW » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 am

This could just be the start. Seems like that "advisor" placed kids at a number of schools
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 am

Advisors = runners. At least in this case.

I know for a FACT Trooper Taylor works with a runner. Why I know this and the NCAA doesn't I'll never understand. Then again, I think they do know this, and lots of other stuff. All this fuss about Cam Newton and tapes will be but a mere footnote to this whole story. This COULD POSSIBLY get SMU ugly, sans a death penalty. A lot depends what comes out of a trial scheduled now for June. This story has all kinds of branches to it.
AY

Postby DC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 am

I hope your right AY but until this happens Finebaum has become almost unlistenable.. 2 weeks on the damn trees and now clowns coming out of the woodwork with 4 month old mitchel macgregor stuff today.. im starting to relaize fbomb is def a aug-signing day listen
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:16 am

I rarely listened to Finebaum until he found his way to Sirius. I always had other shows here to listen to that covered local sports and national, and more than just football. Basically a channel where I could leave it on there all day and be entertained, and he wasn't on that channel.

John Bond said on air last night on a local show he is going to release a snippet of his tape pretty soon to be played on the radio. I believe he said the part he wants to release is a part that clears Mississippi State's name of any wrongdoing. It will be streamed online.
AY

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 am

Do you listen to Stern?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 am

No. His show is mostly garbage, though Private Parts was a very good movie.
AY

Postby UconnBuckeye » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 am

UconnBuckeye wrote:What are the odds that its Oregon, I'll take them.

winner winner
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby PhillyandBCEagles » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:06 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
PhillyandBCEagles wrote:

TIFWIW

NCAA is the worst. What are they gonna make fucking a violation next?

To clarify, I meant that the part of AY's post I bolded (hostesses "encouraging" recruits to sign with their school) goes on everywhere, but at most schools the players make the necessary arrangements (which they can claim is just playing wingman, not a recruiting violation) and the staff has plausible deniability.
SS wrote:any event that makes PhillyBC look like a genius is nothing short of catastrophic and embarrassing.

CFB YTD 10-7-1
PhillyandBCEagles

Postby AY » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Helmet schedules for the SEC and ACC went out tonight. I haven't come across one yet that has all the conferences in one document with multiple tabs. If interested in either or both, PM me with your email address. MCA and DB you should have yours already.
AY

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports