International News

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Re: International News

Postby Mk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm

What about the Wisconsin part of the world?

When the cops stop supporting the gov't it can't be a good situation.

http://blog.aflcio.org/2011/02/20/law-e ... dorsement/
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 pm

It's a horrible situation that is going to happen in just about every single state in the union.

The states blew all their $ on fucking Wall Street and/or mismanaged over the years and now they want to illegally break a contract. Now, every prick whose 401k took a dive suddenly think Joe the Garbageman and Bob the Teacher don't deserve their "ridiculous" pensions because they're pissed off now and it's "their" tax money. When in reality in most situations, the state/city workers got paid shit for doing actual work in exchange for a pension/benefits (a pension, BTW, that is more like a stipend in many cases). It was trade-off they made and now the state wants to fuck them. Hard. And without lube. I've quit two state jobs over the years and people looked at me like I was fucking crazy because of what I was (allegedly) giving up. My sanity was worth more than putting in 30 yrs. with the state for a pension (especially the offices I was in). Think of tomorrow but live for today.

Detroit is closing HALF of its schools and will have 66 fucking kids in a class. I subbed about 20 Boston 6th graders and it was a nightmare. I couldn't imagine 66 Detroit HS kids.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby SeanT » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Cry me a fucking river with all the union nonsense.
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:31 pm

You're telling me what the state is attempting to do is legal?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Sooooooo how many people does Khadafy have killed?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 pm

They did say, "we're not Egypt". Nothing cryptic about that.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm

rearadmiral wrote:It's a horrible situation that is going to happen in just about every single state in the union.

The states blew all their $ on fucking Wall Street and/or mismanaged over the years and now they want to illegally break a contract. Now, every prick whose 401k took a dive suddenly think Joe the Garbageman and Bob the Teacher don't deserve their "ridiculous" pensions because they're pissed off now and it's "their" tax money. When in reality in most situations, the state/city workers got paid shit for doing actual work in exchange for a pension/benefits (a pension, BTW, that is more like a stipend in many cases). It was trade-off they made and now the state wants to fuck them. Hard. And without lube. I've quit two state jobs over the years and people looked at me like I was fucking crazy because of what I was (allegedly) giving up. My sanity was worth more than putting in 30 yrs. with the state for a pension (especially the offices I was in). Think of tomorrow but live for today.

Detroit is closing HALF of its schools and will have 66 fucking kids in a class. I subbed about 20 Boston 6th graders and it was a nightmare. I couldn't imagine 66 Detroit HS kids.

last job i had i was on salary working 60-70 hours week. i started with 401k match decent ins and quarterly bonuses, by the time i got laid off i had no benifits. So im kind of on the fence about this one.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 pm

In an nutshell, WI is re-negging on a deal they signed.

And it's gonna happen everywhere.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 pm

should the states raises taxes so they can honor the contracts? agreed its a fucked up situation.
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm

It is fucked up. But it's not the workers' fault the state went broke after signing contracts with them. I'd say concessions are likely in order. But you can't blame working-class people for being pissed that the rules are being changed on the fly and it can ruin them financially.

The so-called 'hack' jobs you read about in the Herald and Globe account for less than 5% of state gigs. The vast majority are worker bees scraping by to pay their bills and are jobs that nobody on this board would do.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I've heard the republicans are trying to push a bill through congress that would allow a state to declare bankruptcy thus nullifing the cba's the states have with their employees
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby SeanT » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:08 am

rearadmiral wrote:You're telling me what the state is attempting to do is legal?

Shit like this happens all the time in the real world. This is 80% about people in power trying to protect their golden goose.
"If it were up to me, I'd be ripping heaters on the mound." -Rod Beck
SeanT
PostDemPixls

Postby B Luc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

If only they had read the pirate thread we had posted here a year ago. They would have had some warning about pirates being in the east African waters.

i know its not like me to be mean, but come the fuck on. Why go near that area? Don't do dick, dont go to gay clubs, don't wish your yacht to be raided by pirates, don't go where they last reported the pirates are.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm

rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc