Vacation

"What happens there, write it here"

If you got 2 Jet Blue tickets where would you go?

Costa Rica
18%
St Lucia
15%
Cancun
9%
Barbados
9%
San Juan
No votes
Puerto Rico
No votes
Other
48%

Total votes : 33

Re: Vacation

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Tell him I said what's up and hope he can enjoy a 'smoke' soon.

Jetblue to Tampa is the way to go (if Clearwater has an airport, I think it's tiny). I've done it dozens of times for my Sarasota and St. Pete trips over the years. Jetblue flies direct to Sarasota now (finally).

How long you going down for?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 pm

MCA wrote:I could kill myself for saying this, but until now I've never really had a horrible flying experience to make me hate one airline vs. another.

did get my bags lost once for a 3 day business trip to chicago. I looked awkward in business meetings wearing shorts and sneakers, but it was a great conversation starter.

Borderline blog but I'm high and bored...

America West/U.S. Airways fucked me once but I didn't hold a grudge (the whole country was in disarray at the time due to weather) which has worked out fine since (and I did have a shitload of miles built up). I called them prior to leaving my hotel in Vegas Saturday afternoon and they said my flight was canceled. Even had the old lady check online from home and it said canceled. So I didn't go to airport til later that night to either jump on red-eye or book new flight. "Flight 545 left on time this afternoon, sir". So I went down as a no-show because of the bad info they gave out. "The next flight I can get you on is.....Tuesday morning unless you want to do standby [3X a day for Sunday and Monday]". Got stuck at worst hotel in Vegas history for one night---The Frontier---because a bunch of us pitched in just to crash while waiting for our flights that night with ZERO intention of sleeping there. Same shit happened to a guy I knew from Quincy who was out there with another crew. We ended up splitting a room at Bill's for two more nights and ate like kings. Though I still had $, I already shot my Vegas wad. I get to airport Tuesday morning and get, "I'm sorry sir, I don't see you on here". Thought I was getting punked at this point. I told the broad what happened and she made to sure to get my ass on the flight. Certainly worse places to be stuck.

United was just a fucking nightmare. Two hour delay leaving Boston due to high winds caused me to miss my connecting flight from Dulles to Savannah (highly recommend St. Patty's Day parade down there, dwarfs Boston's). The "terminal" was a converted hangar so you had to take a shuttle from the main part of the airport to this building and could not leave unless you went outside to smoke or were going back to main part, you couldn't even take a stroll---it was literally an island amongst the runways on a freezing night. I got to Terminal G (or "G as in ghetto", as one of their employees so eloquently put) it at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday and proceeded to get shut out on three consecutive flights. I was on the horn with the wife trying to book a one-way through another airline but there was nothing. Worse than all the waiting and bullshit was the collective attitude of every employee. It was like 20 Jackee's were on duty and they were useless. Everyone in line was losing their shit. I finally get to the counter and am inquiring about flights to Charleston, Charlotte, Greensboro, Myrtle Beach, fucking anywhere near Savannah so I can at least drive from there. In addition to getting endless "Uh-uh, ain't got nothing"s, I got zero suggestions except a # to call hotels with an airline discount...and not one of them had vacancy. But the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in line behind me that I was chatting with in line was offered a morning flight to Charleston (a couple hours drive from Savannah) after I just got told no. I ask the lady why a person in line behind me got a seat. She says to her co-worker, "How you do that?". Co-worker says "Just hit that button there". My mind was officially blown at this point. 1000s of people are up shit's creek and these folks didn't give two fucks. But the dipshit did get me on the morning flight to Charleston at around midnight. Almost 12 hours and 3 failed 'stand-bys' later stuck in this box. Where I couldn't go anywhere. So me and GWTDT, who is from Savannah, agree to split a car rental when we get to Charleston in the morning. We got out fine in the morning and I split a ride with a tatted and pierced, pet snake-owning, sexually-abused freakshow (yes, she told me about being abused on the ride down). Now I'm out $ on the hotel in Virginia (D.C.), a car rental, one night at the hotel in Savannah (I was actually going down a day early to beat the rest of the bachelor party---they got there before me), plus incidentals. I sent my hate mail (with much more detail, believe it or not) and got back a $50 voucher and a $100 voucher, neither of which I ever got to use due to the many restrictions. I know the weather is beyond their control but the customer 'service' was by far the worst I ever received at any airline. Enough to keep me away for good.

I like stories...
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 am

[quote="BS Kinda feel bad that I'm leaving the chica and the kid for a couple days so soon[/quote]

Oh you won't feel bad. Trust me.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby MCA » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am

HOw did you not wind up getting blown by the snake charmer?
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby BS1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Tell him I said what's up and hope he can enjoy a 'smoke' soon.

Jetblue to Tampa is the way to go (if Clearwater has an airport, I think it's tiny). I've done it dozens of times for my Sarasota and St. Pete trips over the years. Jetblue flies direct to Sarasota now (finally).

How long you going down for?

will do...he's countin down the days, lol

Going down for 4 days....Jet Blue was pretty expensive
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, I realize you gotta catch them at the right time sometimes. But I have gotten my share of cheapies over the years. I have 3 gift cards but I could never use them online (have to call, where it costs an extra $10).

Tampa Airport is one of the better ones in the country.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:45 pm

i was actually quite shocked when I made a last ditch effort and went to the Delta website.....i've never seen anything remotely close on that site until this trip
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby K-G » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Mix in a Kayak or Orbitz or something.

Who still goes from airline to airline looking for the cheapest tix???
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby midd » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Farecast.com

Then buy direct from airline
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby BS1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

K-G wrote:Mix in a Kayak or Orbitz or something.

Who still goes from airline to airline looking for the cheapest tix???

you really think I didnt check out expedia, priceline, orbitz, kayak, cheapoair and the such.....direct airline site is always LAST on the list....just so happened to work out
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby Spencer Pratt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm

what was that site where you pick a price on a map and they tell you where you can go?
Someone posted it on here a while back.

Prices to Fla suck right now
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby K-G » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 am

Prices to everywhere suck right now. Can't get out to Vegas for less than $400.

And you have me very confused BS.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby Bud » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:31 am

brutal $$. I paid 220 in October for Super Bowl weekend.
RUN T-M-C 4 LIFE!
Bud
Serious Stoolie

Postby BS1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

so I go to book flights in August....enter in 1 person, SW, 48 each way...need 4 tickets...

go back and say I need 4 adult tickets.....price goes to 98 each way. WTF??

makes no sense.....now i gotta get a single tix, 4x...pain in the ass

what am i missing
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby midd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Anyone been to Vieques?

Looking at the W there for a getaway next month.
midd
PostDemPixls

PreviousNext

Return to Vegas and other vacation spots