SuperBowl

"What happens there, write it here"

SuperBowl

Postby Peter North » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Anyone have recommendations on bars to hit in Dallas or the surrounding area? I need to figure something out b/c we'll just be going from strip club to strip club. That's fun and all but I'd like to find some local watering holes.
Peter North
Professional Bike Rider

Re: SuperBowl

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Hope you got your game ticket already. Sky high $ this year.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Peter North wrote:Anyone have recommendations on bars to hit in Dallas or the surrounding area? I need to figure something out b/c we'll just be going from strip club to strip club. That's fun and all but I'd like to find some local watering holes.

If you want to go Cougar hunting, go to the Las calinas area near the Four Seasons and go to Cool River. Steakhouse/lounge/bar type place.

The Cougs exit SUV's like they're a fucking clown car in the circus.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Pete North, not sure if you're into history or have time for non-boozing excursions, but I can't recommend Dealey Plaza and the Schoolbook Depository enough. Incredible to stand a few feet from where LHO did and then go down to grassy knoll and stand exactly where the mystery man finished the job from (and see how easy it was for him to get away). Pretty crazy to visit the place where the country changed forever in about three seconds. Lone assassin, my balls.

There was a great bar I hit all weekend when I went down in '07 that Boston people drank out of Bud, Bud Light, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, and some other shit. Bartender said they broke TX/OK sales record from previous year. I'll try to track down the name in next couple of days (real plain name).
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Peter North » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 am

MCA & Rear,

Thanks for the feedback. I love cougar hunting! I'll drag the boys down to that spot your recommended. Also, rear I will take your advice and do the history thing. I'm a light weight when it comes to drinking so I'd like to check out the sights during the day. Please give me a heads up if you know the name of that bar.

A buddy of mine was going to give me two free tickets but I'm going down with 5 guys so I told him to pass. I really don't care if we make the game or not. I just want to hang out with my boys and meet some local hotties.
Peter North
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

XXXX,

Frankie's on McKinney. We were there all weekend.

My buddy with a huuuge pull. Even remembered the street.

http://www.frankiesbar.com/index.html
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Peter North » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks Rear. I've heard good things about it. Hopefully, our flight won't get canceled tomorrow. If it does, we'll be heading to Mogegan or Foxwoods instead.
Peter North
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

My pleasure, man. Hope you get out.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Peter North » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 am

Rear,

Awesome call with Frankie's. It had to be at least 5 girls to every guy. Place was unbelievable. This city has so many beautiful women. Our cultural excursion included stops at Jaguars and the Lodge. The NFL expeience was pretty sick but I seriously want to move here. Billy Bob's Honkey Tonk in Fort Worth was great as well.
Peter North
Professional Bike Rider

Return to Vegas and other vacation spots