Patriots

Home of Champions

Re: Patriots

Postby lugnutz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Ronnie B wrote:
Give me a break. He threw the ball 50 times and was sacked 5 let's say he was pressured another 8 . Keep drinking Belichicks cool aid. I'm sure they couldn't have used Richard Seymour either. Go to the penalty box and stay there.

Watch it again....there were open receivers deep many times....he had no time to find them.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 pm

lugnutz wrote:
Ronnie B wrote:
Give me a break. He threw the ball 50 times and was sacked 5 let's say he was pressured another 8 . Keep drinking Belichicks cool aid. I'm sure they couldn't have used Richard Seymour either. Go to the penalty box and stay there.

Watch it again....there were open receivers deep many times....he had no time to find them.

What are you talking about? Who was running the deep patterns?
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby tballa55 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Ronnie B wrote:
lugnutz wrote:
Ronnie B wrote:

What are you talking about? Who was running the deep patterns?

Crumpler :roll:
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Haha at Crumpler. Where was Hernandez yesterday?
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby cool_hand » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Seems to me they thought the defense would be keying on Gronk and Hernandez, Welker, Woodhead... They thought that Crumpler would not be a defensive priority and that they may slip him underneath. It actually worked okay. He had a lot of one on ones with overmatched Pace.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Ronnie B wrote:Haha at Crumpler. Where was Hernandez yesterday?

I was wondering that myself. Crumpler was the number 2 TE most of the time yesterday.

Hernandez needs to grow up in the offseason and kick his habit.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

MCA called it re: betting game. I don't bet against the hometown teams (i.e. the teams I root for) for obvious reasons. But I'd have jumped all over those points/ML. Yeah,I know, coulda, shoulda, wloulda. That 45-3 game may as well have been from 1988---it was irrelevant to yesterday.

Doing that shit with Welker set a bad tone, methinks (I haven't read last few pages so it may have come up). Just over-thinking it, I think.

CBS did a splendid job in not revealing any feet in the stands. Fucking pussies.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Jesus Christ you guys are idiots.

Lug he wasn't pressured nearly as much as they had coverage sacks. He was sacked 3 times early only 1 was on a blitz. The 2nd was a coverage sack and the 3rd Ellis bitched Connolly.

The Jets played a single high safety deep, so there wasn't going to be any real deep threat even WITH Randy Moss unless you had something to the other side which you didn't.

Cromartie and Revis covered people like fucking blankets. Point blank. then the remaining 5 or 6 depending on the package clogged the shit out of the middle and every TE/Back/Slot WR got bumped at the line of scrimmage.

Agree 100% with Section 40 on the Crumpler play....at the least it was illegal contact. But hey, the Patriots used to be the physical defense and not the finesse offense. Shoe was on the other foot yesterday.

the offensive execution was 100% on Tom Brady and the offensive coaching staff. Brady couldn't throw the ball on time (Remember when Peyton Manning couldn't either?) and because of that he was lost. O'Brien/Brady/BB/whoever had no answer. The Jets ran almost the identical defense that they did last week against Manning and the Patriots flat out weren't ready for it.

Why they didn't keep the same personnel and run with BJGE I have no idea. Why they didn't run more outside crossing routes I have no idea. Why they didn't run guys up the seam like they did when they actually completed it to Gronokowski I have no idea and why they didn't sit back and go 5 wide no-huddle so the Jets had to spread out as well I have no idea. The only REALY explanation is that they didn't think they'd have to make any adjustments. Becuase they clearly weren't ready.

It was an arrogant team that got their asses handed to them. nothing more, nothing less.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby SS » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

MCA in this thread = Ali, Lug= Liston

the long national nightmare is over.
SS
Title Town

Postby cool_hand » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 pm

I assume Green Bay just gained about a million fans in New England. It would be the Steeler third ring in the roethlisberger era and that cant happen. Jets need to lose next week and shut the fuck up. I dont care about Chicago, but that city is full of assholes. GB is the least offensive of the bunch. Wisonsin people are harmless.

1. GB
2. Chicago
3. Steelers
4. Jets

Plus, it would put a dent in the "legend"of Favre.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby MCA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:01 pm

1. Jets (for my boy)
2. Green Bay
3. Chicago
4. Steelers

Big Ben with 3rd ring = abortion.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

MCA wrote:1. Jets (for my boy)

Thanks MCA
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby lugnutz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

I want Pittsburgh next week for sure....then hopefully GB beats them down in the SB.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby JJ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:43 pm

lugnutz wrote:I want Pittsburgh next week for sure....then hopefully GB beats them down in the SB.

Bump
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Ted Striker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 pm

I had a long drive today and was stuck running this disaster through my head while almost throwing up listening to sports radio for the 5 minutes I could handle. Couple thoughts:

1) This team has not been the same since the departure of Chuck Weis, on or about the same time that MCA says Brady went Hollywood. I thought he was one of the best in-game playcallers I have ever seen. In big games, he always had a new wrinkle and seemed to know what play to call at the perfect time. For all the accolades thrown on Josh McD, he got his ass handed to him by Steve Spagnuolo and the Giants. In the games I saw of Denver this year, they generally started off well then did nothing as the game went on, again a guy that is probably very smart but is not a great adjuster/playcaller. I saw much of the same from Bill O'B yesterday. I think a lack of total confidence in his coordinators takes away from BB's overall handle of the game. He's too involved in everything.
2) Did anyone on the staff watch the Jets-Indy game last week? Playing the Colts forced the Jets to show some of their cards. Straight from Jaws: During the Indy game Jets blitzed 29% of passes vs. regular season blitz of 57%. Hello, is anyone paying attention?
3) If BB is such a control freak that he needs to bench a heart and soul member of his team for some bs, he should be in control of not allowing a 2nd year player to call a fake punt in that situation.
4) Benching Welker reminds me of axing Lawyer Milloy 5 days before the first game. You take a core member of your team and kick him the nuts in front of everybody. I don't care what they say, that's not helping to inspire greatness.

The Steelers winning anything is not an option. Let Jets fans have the fun of the SB hype then get their nuts stomped on when they lose.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

PreviousNext

Return to Boston Sports